Is forex a lonely business?

Prioritizing self-care fosters a positive and fulfilling relationship with oneself and helps maintain a balanced and fulfilling life.

But sometimes you can be in the crowd, with your partner or your family, and still feel alone. There is a big difference between someone being here and someone being with you here.

Yes, physical present with others doesn’t mean connection or emotional presence.

1 Like

These are definitely all great! :blush: But I guess just like other jobs and professions, there are the down moments in forex that can make a lot of traders feel kinda lonely and anxious? :thinking:

1 Like

Right? HAHA. This is also why I love spending time here! :smiley: I feel like everyone here’s just out to help you grow and learn, even when I take super long breaks. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Noooo :frowning: Huhuh. I feel like there should still be some time allotted to just immersing in your feelings every now and then? :open_mouth:

i think “just like other jobs and professions” is right

i also wonder whether, to some extent, some people who want an “isolated job” are a bit more attracted to forex trading than others would be?

1 Like

Oh yeah! :open_mouth: That got me curious too! I wonder if there’s a scientific study that maybe introverts find more joy in forex trading because they don’t really have to force themselves to deal with other people. :sweat_smile: That would be an interesting study. :thinking:

1 Like

there was once something published in some academic psychology journal about there being a higher incidence of people with autistic spectrum disorders (i think probably mild ones?) in trading than there is in the general population

if that’s so, it might also reflect the undoubted increased incidence of people with math degrees in the trading world, because some of them are slightly autistic, i think (and maybe don’t really want to force themselves to deal with other people?)

Exactly! This is where you can find plenty of trade buddies. :wink:

True. My solution to that alone-ness is being here in the community. Here I get to interact with people who are interested in the same thing. I hate geeking out on people who have no interest in trading anyway.

We can’t say we are lonely in trading because we are connected to different social media where others are sharing their trades’ opening and closing position that is really helpful.

Trading can be a lonely thing, that’s right… it’s get lonelier and gets better. Doing researches during lone trade sessions help analyze your personal trading strategies better and of course studying the chart during 2am with your favorite music can bring the best out of you.

Yes, trading communities offer a lot of help , friendship, and learning opportunities. It’s always beneficial to connect with those who share similar interests and passions.

1 Like

Could you please tell some examples of different forums?

I think it can be especially for retail traders who often work alone at their computers, analyzing and executing trades on their own.

Forex trading can feel like a solo journey since decisions are mostly made independently, but occasional online interactions with fellow traders add a social aspect.

Forex trading can indeed be a solitary endeavor. Traders often spend long hours analyzing markets, making decisions, and executing trades alone. The nature of the job requires a significant amount of focus and concentration, which can sometimes lead to a feeling of isolation. However, many traders also engage in online communities, forums, or attend trading events to connect with others in the field. So, while it can be solitary, there are opportunities to connect with fellow traders and share experiences.

maybe its not completely about forex and its about trading and portfolio management in general, but one of the legendary gurus explains this as that, life as a trader is not an hectic schedule, trading is actually a very simple lifestyle, you have to cut all the nonsense out of your life, your personal life has to be empty so you can actually make very well informed decisions over and over again, multiple times. If your personal life or your business life is very hectic all the time, it’s gonna effect your decisions and vice versa. If you have an extremely complicated, very hectic trading lifestyle, then its going to affect your personal life, so they need to mirror each other. its just like in any other industry. if you wanna be really great at something, you need a lot of discipline and dedication, for this, some sorts of sacrifices have to be done.

1 Like

In the beginning trading can be fun. But thing can turn to the opposite when it gets serious. Same thing happens with trading.

I am still remember the day I started forex, I joined many communities and learned together. I was fun and expanded my friends. Things started to change when I was getting better. When our fund is getting bigger, other’s opinions can be a disruption to our trading plan. Bigger fund means bigger risk and responsibility. This situation will automatically let you take a distance with others. At this point most research and study will be done alone. It’s because of you already have solid knowledge base.
By having this condition, after a couple months, you may loss lots of buddies. It will get worse if you are an introvert.
Those are in short what happened to me. Forex is time consuming and yet interesting. The more you know, bigger the reward you may get from market, endlessly. :slightly_smiling_face:
Trading is so attractive and it can lead you away from your society.
In short, we need to maintain the balance in our life .

1 Like