Is forex a lonely business?

If you think about it as a social activity, then yes it can be lonely… :crying_cat_face:

87rtijhf

On top of that, forex is something that’s a cross between an 8 to 5 grind and a freelancing hobby.
It’s a LOT OF WORK and that piles on the emotional burden, making it a tad bit “sadder”.

images

Let’s take a look at forex not on its social aspect or the effort and toll it takes to be successful. Let’s see forex for what it really was meant to be - A TOOL. A tool with which you can build your dreams and the dreams of your loved ones.

See it beyond the money and the bling bling! See what it can do to CHANGE LIVES and CHANGE THE WORLD (around you).

Now, we can see forex from an IMPACT point-of-view and NOT as a chore, a task, a destination, or (heaven forbid) as a job.

From an IMPACT POV, forex is a beautiful and powerful tool to change our lives and the lives of our loved ones. :heart_eyes_cat:

May you break resistances and reach new highs!

3 Likes

Forex can indeed feel isolating and overwhelming at times, especially with its demanding nature. But let’s shift our perspective—it’s not just about the grind or the emotional toll. Forex is a transformative tool, empowering us to shape our dreams and impact lives positively. Here’s to harnessing its potential for meaningful change and achieving new heights!

1 Like

Oh no. :frowning: I’m sorry to hear that. :frowning: But your story kinda gave me mixed emotions. At least for your story, your success in forex somehow contributed to the end of your friendships. :frowning: I hope you’re doing fine now though!

1 Like

Ooooh. :blush: Nice! That’s a very inspiring way of putting it. :smiley: For the profitable ones, it is really a tool that can help you build your dreams. And I pray we all get there eventually! :smiley:

1 Like

No worry, thanks for your empathy. After trading for years, you will depend more on rationality rather than emotion. When I feel left out, most of time I will spend my time creating trading journal or learning the chart, looking for sweet spots for new strategy.

To have a living from trading, ones need to sacrifice a lot, unless trading is only a side job. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s great to know. :blush: But also, at least you’re not alone now! :smiley: No need to be alone cause you’re already part of the community here. :blush: Good luck with your trading! :smiley:

1 Like

Well, it depends on the aspect.

In terms of communities, there are many great places, forums, websites etc. so in that matter, it’s not a lonely business.

On the other hand - in terms of responsibility, ultimately all gains and loses are only yours (same goes for fighting with own trading psychology and discipline).

2 Likes

Absolutely! Forex trading can be challenging, no doubt, but it’s also incredibly empowering. It’s about more than just the daily grind—it’s a platform where we can actively shape our aspirations and make a positive impact. Let’s focus on harnessing its potential to create meaningful change and reach new levels of success!

1 Like

That’s a pretty balanced perspective. :blush: I feel like since I posted this topic, I’ve come to realize that with a lot of communities and forums now available for forex, it’s hard to run out of people to talk to about trading. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That’s a great point, remo. Being part of communities like this really helps with the learning curve. But it’s true, at the end of the day, the responsibility is all ours. How do you manage the psychological aspect of trading?

Yes, this is very true. Finding people to chat with is really easy. If only identifying the tiny proportion who are actually trading profitably, themselves, were so easy! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Trading must be a very lonely business for people who don’t engage with other traders - people who don’t share - who don’t share their strategies, their TA, their confusion, their obstacles, their FA, their opinions on news, the results of their research, their back-testing data, and all the rest.

1 Like

Absolutely! There are so many places to connect with fellow traders now. It’s awesome😄

1 Like

It’s better to adopt cat or dog as your trading companion. There will be many times you will feel being abandon, no one to talk, share the miseries. Even you cant talk to your spouse and children.

Having good companion will improve our psychology, not going to be crazy alone . Talk to your companion will keep your sanity intact. :cat: meoooww

2 Likes

you should trade alone because other peoples opinion can ruin your strategy. but a trader is not a lonely person unless he chooses to be!

1 Like

I think it does have a tendency to get lonely, but isn’t that a risk with other professions too? While there is a chance of loneliness I think there are definitely solutions to it too. There are so many online communities such as this one and one can definitely make attempts to not let trading become their whole life by prioritising other activities where you could interact with other people.

Mike198, I totфlly agree! Trading does give us the power to shape our futures. It’s inspiring to hear рow others are tгrning challenges into opportunities. What sеrategies have you found most effective in staying disciplined anв focused?

Totally agree! However, for introverts like me, this solitude is actually an advantage :sweat_smile:

Mostly it is. Spending all day in front of the computer is lonely. Find time to do other activities.

I totally agree. From personal experience, spending all day in front of the computer can get pretty lonely. I’ve found that mixing in time with friends or getting outside makes a huge difference. It really helps keep things balanced and boosts my mood!

2 Likes