Is it merely a fire sale or is the ship sinking?

Was hoping for $5k today but it looks like we’re slightly up again.

I feel the same way!

If you understand the intention, then why not just say thanks and leave it at that?

@Cryptopotamus

for the same reason that when a person says JEHOVAH BLESS YOU or GOD BLESS YOU to you over and over and over again.
you get to a point when you understand that

• The intention is good from the person

• However there is a bad habit that is being repeated and you don’t want to be part of that habit.

see… if i don’t say anything and he says GOOD LUCK and i say THANKS
it means i’m agreeing that luck exists and i’m accepting the idea of FALLING IN LINE WITH THE BS RULES OF SOCIETY.
Mate , luck does not exist and people keep telling me good luck

I’ve played competition snooker in the past - i was wished luck when i could beat most pub players with my eyes closed so to speak
the bottom line was , IT WAS SIMPLE MATHEMATICS
i was a B - Grade Player at one point, Meaning if we played pool and you couldn’t sink the entire table in 2 turns… YOU LOST… simple as that
because, i had the skill to either drop the entire table in 1 turn and if i didn’t i usually had 1 or 2 balls on the table and the next shot you were out… simple as that

in Snooker i could land between 30 - 40 point per turn (so… do the math on how many balls i have to sink to do that, then consider that pub pool tables have bigger pockets and less balls hehe)

people used to tell me… wow , you got lucky LOL
Did I ???
or did 18 hours a day of practice have something to do with it :stuck_out_tongue:

i was told that i was lucky in hospitality when i carried 7 - 9 plates at a time and didn’t drop them
or when i carried 5 coffees at a time and didn’t drop them
Was that Luck ??
or… did 18 years of hospitality have something to do with that and many years of being a function waiter
and building up to that level by starting to carry 2 plates, then 3 and so on…

i can go on and on with these examples of SO CALLED luck

let’s get to trading

I’ve worked my bloody arse off , ok … for around 7 years total, but around 3 - 3.5 years of absolute losses and not getting anywhere
all those years of working on something that works, of doing spreadsheets the redoing them and finding the faults that i made , of trying to find the MATHEMATICAL ADVANTAGE in budgeting and risk management

so… Now, when i’m financially free and my friends tell me stuff like this “Man… I’ve heard forex is really risky… You know, Martin, you have no idea how LUCKY YOU ARE to have made money from it”

and then newbies and other traders OUT OF PURE HABIT say stuff like “GOOD LUCK MATE IN YOUR TRADING”

NOW I ASK YOU ?
do you really think it’s luck ?
or does 7 years of peristance and Patience have something to do with it

simply stated mate

AFTER ALL THE HARD WORK THAT I’VE PUT IN.
I’m not going to sit here and have my hard word diminished by a CONCEPT OF LUCK

Not a hope in the world

I will show respect to the person saying GOOD LUCK TO ME
i will show respect to the person saying GOD BLESS YOU to me
i will show respect to the person that says to me I WILL PRAY FOR YOU TONIGHT THAT YOUR PROBLEM IS SOLVED

but the reality is

when something amazing or unbelievable happens and people CANNOT EXPLAIN IT, they call it LUCK
and Problems don’t get solved BY GOD
Problems get solved by people getting of their Arsenio Hall hehe and doing something about the problem

so, i don’t mean to come across as arrogant or one who is trying to overcomplicate something

BUT PLEASE UNDERSTAND ME OK
After this many years of WORKING ON IT AND WORKING MY ARSENIO HALL OFF

i Refuse to call it Luck
Luck had nothing to do with it
Nor does it have anything to do with my continuing profits

Take the Recent 180 pip drop in the last few days on the US2000 and many other stocks and indexes
was it luck that my account didn’t blow up HEHE

NO MATE
it was a calculation
LUCK HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT
AND LUCK DOES NOT EXIST

now if a person feels more comfortable calling it luck or believing in god
mate… each to his own , there is no harm if a person chooses to do that
but, MY EFFORTS are valuable to me and i refuse to give LUCK the credit for my hard work

THAT’S WHY
does that make sense ?

1 Like

Got you.
When I visited Perth I got the impression that things run pretty well.
At home looting treasury is a national pastime.

all good and same to you mate, may you be profitable and financially free.

Thanks!

1 Like

sorry about that long post but i felt if i didn’t explain clearly at least once, i would come across as arrogant.

be cool

It still very well might go down to about 5000, I am counting on it. According to my TA, it is probably in the 4th wave, which is a retracement wave. The fifth wave will be the lowest. When it does go down to 5000 or less, that is when I go shopping (but I’m actually looking for some cheap LTC more than BTC). After the 5th wave of this cycle, it will surely go up again, provided there isn’t crazy world news. I reckon it will hit 25,000 by the end of the year. My advice for all you HODLERS, learn some TA and learn how to trade it. There may come a day, perhaps in a few years, when this market does crash permanently.

ok, PROVIDED THERE IS NO CRAZY NEWS…
What makes you so sure ?

now this question is rhetorical , but have a think about it ok.
in my experience , people who say “something with SURELY do something” are always wrong.

Even if you are right and it goes your way, you are still wrong for making this assumption

1st rule of trading… YOU NEVER KNOW FOR SURE WHICH WAY IT WILL GO , that’s why we have RISK MANAGEMENT
the fact that Risk management exists, PROVES that it’s not a certainty

if you choose to believe it will surely go up, I WISH YOU WELL, but i’m not holding my breath.
i expect bitcoin to reach $50 shortly hehe
and after that i’ll be lucky if i get a Mcdonald’s Happy Meal out of it

I am basing my synopsis on normal market structure. It was in an unsustainable uptrend, which is why it crashed so hard. You are correct, I do not know anything for sure. Perhaps my wording is a bit over-confident. There could be a nuclear war tomorrow. But based on studying markets for nearly 10 years, I know that it is following a textbook trend according to Elliot Wave theory. My TA could be off, but I am literally betting that it is not. Do you think that so many people would put so much time, effort and money into a market that they would let die so fast. It is listed on the CME, and CBO now. It is legal tender in Japan. People with mountains of money invested in Crypto, who control the price action would never let it die. Why are you so sure it will go down so hard?

Because it has

as for further drops, i’m not 100% sure, but mate, it’s a Joke of a currency, it’s based on nothing , You can’t use it hehe
it’s garbage to say the least
it’s original purpose has failed and it will not overtake Fiat currency, not the way it’s going now.

as for the rest of your comment
I UNDERSTAND… Fair enough. and yes it was the wrong word to use, and… Not because it’s the wrong word to use on the forum.
it’s because THE WORDS WE USE HAVE A PSYCHOLOGICAL EFFECT ON US…
if you keep telling yourself it will SURELY GO UP, You are programming yourself for failure because you will start to believe in the certainty of it , when it’s not certain
that was my main point

be cool

That’s not really a great recommendation - Japan has been sufferring deflationary depression for decades now, since they had their own “housing boom” - I remember seeing a TV programme in the '80’s I think about how in order to buy a house, a mortgage of something like 100 years was needed, so you ciommitted, not only your own children, but Their children as well !

Are interest rates still negative in Japan ? (ie they pay YOU to Borrow money )

All sorts of good things come out of Chicago :gun:

OK, so you are obviously anti-crypto. Maybe that is a bias?

But it is based on code, and decentralized block chain tech. not nothing. Fiat is based on the word of gov’ts. Crypto and Fiat are markets, meaning that they are based on the value that people place on it. Furthermore, it is not useless. Like I said, it is legal tender in the country with the third largest economy. There are bitcoin ATMs in several countries in Asia. It is a big deal.

Despite this, I do not care about the fundamentals all that much. I trade (not invest in) Crypto, so I do not risk a lot when I place my orders. Like any market, you have to know how to trade it and limit your risk. The problem is that many people HODL. Which is why they lose out. They think the market will go up forever. I am happy that it corrected, so now it has a history and I could base my TA off of it when it (most likely) goes up.

1 Like

They have a severely declining population, which will certainly take effect in the near future, but they are not suffering from a depression. They have been in a recession, yes. Interests rates have been zero for the longest, but I believe they just raised them last year, which is for the first time ever.

Buying a house is pretty straightforward. They have very low interest loans which makes it easy to do so. I think you are referring to the flat 35 which is a mortgage that is a flat rate to be paid off in 35 years.

Besides all of this. it is still the 3rd largest economy in the world and it accepts crypto as legal tender. Which does help to significantly legitimize it.

By having it listed on the CME/CBO indicates that it further legitimizes it. More money can be easily pumped into it.

Besides all this. Don’t take my word for it. Look at the TA. That is mainly why I am confident about it not coming to its demise just yet. If you study TA for Forex, take a look at Crypto. It is similar. I have only been doing it since November and there is plenty of money to be made.

Maybe Japan is just a forward-thinking nation, who wants to maintains their leadership in technology and innovation, and isn’t afrad to try new things?

Ahhh, the common Western misconception. Usually from Western media and from folks who’ve never lived in Japan. Throughout these decades, Japan had been the second largest economy (recently overtaken by China), average unemployment levels between 3-5%, higher GDP per capita than France, Spain, Italy, harmonious society, top 5 country in global exports, etc. Basically, conditions that many other sovereign nations would love to have.

There’s something like $7.3 TRILLION of global government debt that currently trade at negative rates. Germany’s 2-year has a negative yield. Switzerland has negative yields…all the way out to 50 years! Plus it’s only Japan’s short-term interest rate that’s negative, at minus 0.1 percent. BoJ targets zero percent for their 10-year bond. While Germany’s 2-year is minus 0.5 percent. Are you saying these countries are “bad” also since that seems to be what you’re implying with Japan having negative rates?

2 Likes

No… Not anti crypto
i’m not Anti Anything

I just see better opportunities elsewhere.
Why would one trade BTC with that much risk when you can trade things that have a much better risk and better reward

it’s not about Anti anything
it’s about Lower risk and a better investment

it’s a Joke of a currency, it’s based on nothing , You can’t use it hehe
it’s garbage to say the least
it’s original purpose has failed and it will not overtake Fiat currency, not the way it’s going now.

Not anti-anything?

Exactly
this does not prove that i’m Anti Crypto

the Currency is a Joke THIS IS A FACT
it’s original purpose has failed THIS IS ALSO A FACT
ok, i’ts garbage, Technically is my opinion , but is based on some degree of fact

it’s like this, if i say Lil Wayne is a crap guitar player… IT’S A FACT
i’m not Anti Lil Wayne
it’s just a fact that he’s a Shyte Guitar Player

so yeah… Not Anti Anything

It helped. I’ve come to realize how much time you spend helping people out here.
I misread you and my opinion flipped like bitcoin bouncing off a big round number.
Just working on keeping my replies short because maybe I’ve hijacked enough of purtle’s thread!

It seems we are having a semantical argument.

OK so:
You don’t want to trade crypto
You think crypto is a joke/garbage
But not anti-crypto
Maybe I understand?

I am however confused by your examples of what you perceive as facts. Because of their subjectivity, they do not seem like facts to me.

So if we cannot agree on the basic meanings/conventions of words and continue diverting from the crux of the discussion, it is too taxing for me to engage in this discourse.

Anyway, I guess it is safe to assume that you won’t be trading crypto, or am I way off again? Haha.

The reason I joined this discussion is because there is a lot of undue fear being propagated by people who do not understand market structure, saying that it is doomsday for crypto. I am extremely confident that they are wrong.

If anyone else is reading our discussion and deciding whether or not give crypto a shot, here is my 2 cents:

• I’ll say that crypto is a market and it is volatile, but not necessarily risky depending on how you manage risk.

• Your return for your money is AWESOME, and you do not need a leveraged account to make a killing.

• I strongly suggest you go into it with a plan after researching and studying it, as you should with any market. (HODLing is not a solid plan in my opinion).

I was skeptical too before I got into it but I am very happy that I did. According to my TA, the price will hit a low of 4000-5000 USD before the trend changes, so it is a good time to get in then. Ultimately, it is up to the trader, but it is worth looking into. You can check out the charts for free on tradingview.

Martin, we just have to agree to disagree. Good luck with your trading.

I’m out.

Not easy dealing with…

@jtconlon

No we don’t
you are just overcomplicating it

now as much as i am a fan of agree to disagree, that’s fine
but let me take one last attempt at this

let me use Lil Wayne and his guitar playing as an example… ok

i don’t want to listen to Lil Wayne
(i dont’ want to trade Crypto)

I think Lil Wayne’s guitar playing is a joke
i think crypto is a Joke

But not Anti Crypto
yes
But Not Anti Lil Wayne Either

see mate, Your rules are … if i dont’ want to trade it , i MUST BE Anti Crypto

No mate
I HAVE A CHOICE if i want to be Anti something
I wont listen to Lil Wayne and i won’t trade Crypto, but i’m not PERSONALLY AGAINST IT
i don’t hate Crytpo
i don’t hate lil wayne

it’s just a choice
making that choice does not make you ANTI towards THE THING OR PERSON

you merely perceive it that way
now… let’s also say that you prove me wrong the definition .

IT DOESN’T MATTER
BECAUSE, IT’S MY CHOICE and therefore MY DEFINITION applies

i say , i’m not Anti Crypto, and therefore I’m not because I CHOOSE to not be
simple as that
no need to over complicate it

No No
you assume correctly
i don’t trade it because it’s not worth it and the risk is greater than that of currencies.
simple as that.

no problem and i understand that.
IF A PERSON DOES NOT UNDERSTAND, they shouldn’t comment. i agree

i remember a friend of mine back when we had that Mayan Doomsday scare thingy. hehe
he told me we would lose the ability to generate electricity
Now… as a engineer, that notion is ridiculous beyond what i can put into words hehe
but … HE DIDN’T UNDERSTAND and he believed we would lose it and basically he was not qualified to comment because he doesn’t understand how electricity is generated and what would need to happen to the human race for us to literally no longer have that knowledge or ability .
so… i agree with you here.

as for your 2 cents

all markets have risk mate.
in my opinion there are LESS RISKY options, that’s why i dont’ trade crypto.
if you consider the risk acceptable, then FOR YOU its ok

hehe… yes… ASSUMING YOU GET THE RETURN :stuck_out_tongue:

hehe. HODLING… :stuck_out_tongue:
i’ll take your suggestion under advisement (and i will)
but even so i’ll continue to think about it but still probably will not trade crypto until i see it’s a viable option.

i’m not a skeptic
i’ve done research to draw my conclusions, i’m not taking guesses based on gut feelings.

and for what it’s worth i also think it’ll go lower then it will retrace of course and up and down goes the rollercoaster
sure,
but as a first test… do this for me Win $100,000 and WITHDRAW IT TO YOUR LOCAL CURRENCY, tell me if you can actually do that and tell me who your broker is
because if you can’t , anything is else is futile

secondly, if you can withdraw it , then yes… Strategy is a discussion we need to have as well as risk
but we are now going deeper and we won’t.

No problem mate
you too,
i just wanted you to understand that i just because i give an opinion on something does not mean i’m ANTI that thing

example. if a Black person kills a cop,
i do not agree with that decision
but , it doesn’t mean that i’m Anti African-American does it
same thing