Is there anyone who has been vaccinated here?

Nope - you’ll notice that the quote isn’t mine - the stuff you are linking to is not fact - it’s mere opinion dressed up as fact with a linkedin page threw in for appearance.

Are you not aware that covid has mutated long before the vaccination programme - it’s what it’s good at - just like the flu.

Anyways I’ll challenge when I see the need :slight_smile:

A h yes Ferguson !

I well remember piles of burning corpses from the last time the Govt took Ferguson’s advice - Why the F### he is allowed anywhere near a decision can only be speculated at ! (He was a contemporary of “Boris” at Oxford of course - whether he too was a member of teh Bullingdon Club - I don’t know } ALthough I believe such people as George Osborne,and David Cameron were - I know Matt Hancock was another of their mates at Oxford - tho’ I don’t know about him and the Bullingdon Club either !

"While Mr S thinks it’s only right that Hancock faces tough questions, Steerpike can’t help but wonder whether Ferguson should receive similar treatment. After all, his advice is heavily feeding into government policy and therefore ought to face a similar level of scrutiny. What’s more, Ferguson’s scientific work can’t exactly be described as bulletproof.Given that it’s the trend these days for former spinners, hacks and politicians to suggest questions that the media isn’t currently asking of politicians, Mr S has decided to do his bit for public discourse by penning a few for Ferguson. Below are six questions Steerpike would like to see Neil Ferguson pressed on the next time he embarks on a media round: Q1. In 2005, Ferguson said that up to 200 million people could be killed from bird flu. He told the Guardian that ‘around 40 million people died in 1918 Spanish flu outbreak… There are six times more people on the planet now so you could scale it up to around 200 million people probably.’ In the end, only 282 people died worldwide from the disease between 2003 and 2009.How did he get this forecast so wrong? Q2. In 2009, Ferguson and his Imperial team predicted that swine flu had a case fatality rate 0.3 per cent to 1.5 per cent. His most likely estimate was that the mortality rate was 0.4 per cent. A government estimate, based on Ferguson’s advice, said a ‘reasonable worst-case scenario’ was that the disease would lead to 65,000 UK deaths.In the end swine flu killed 457 people in the UK and had a death rate of just 0.026 per cent in those infected.Why did the Imperial team overestimate the fatality of the disease? Or to borrow Robinson’s words to Hancock this morning: ‘that prediction wasn’t just nonsense was it? It was dangerous nonsense.’ Q3. In 2001 the Imperial team produced modelling on foot and mouth disease that suggested that animals in neighbouring farms should be culled, even if there was no evidence of infection. This influenced government policy and led to the total culling of more than six million cattle, sheep and pigs – with a cost to the UK economy estimated at £10 billion.It has been claimed by experts such as Michael Thrusfield, professor of veterinary epidemiology at Edinburgh University, that Ferguson’s modelling on foot and mouth was ‘severely flawed’ and made a ‘serious error’ by ‘ignoring the species composition of farms,’ and the fact that the disease spread faster between different species.Does Ferguson acknowledge that his modelling in 2001 was flawed and if so, has he taken steps to avoid future mistakes? Q4. In 2002, Ferguson predicted that between 50 and 50,000 people would likely die from exposure to BSE (mad cow disease) in beef. He also predicted that number could rise to 150,000 if there was a sheep epidemic as well. In the UK, there have only been 177 deaths from BSE.Does Ferguson believe that his ‘worst-case scenario’ in this case was too high? If so, what lessons has he learnt when it comes to his modelling since? Q5. Ferguson’s disease modelling for Covid-19 has been criticised by experts such as John Ioannidis, professor in disease prevention at Stanford University, who has said that: ‘The Imperial College study has been done by a highly competent team of modellers. However, some of the major assumptions and estimates that are built in the calculations seem to be substantially inflated.’Has the Imperial team’s Covid-19 model been subject to outside scrutiny from other experts, and are the team questioning their own assumptions used? What safeguards are in place? Q6. On 22 March, Ferguson said that Imperial College London’s model of the Covid-19 disease is based on undocumented, 13-year-old computer code, that was intended to be used for a feared influenza pandemic, rather than a coronavirus.How many assumptions in the Imperial model are still based on influenza and is there any risk that the modelling is flawed because of these assumptions?"

2 Likes

No Pete, No, another blanket assertion that all my posts are opinion pieces of fictional value…

You obviously don’t read much of the content I post… 8 of the 10 variants, including the variants of major concern appeared after the onset of January 2021 global vaccine deployment.

99% of my links to articles and data are recent (within 7 days) of release… Not stumbled over hit pieces found in an archaeology dig…

Below is a link to completely factual and balanced content that will help you understand how to use real data (the stuff I post) to understand what is really going on…

A. How to discern self interest content from factual news…
B. Even the vaccinated are contracting the Delta variant…
C. There are other methods dramatically improving the outcome of COVID, other than vaccines…

Some of the above points you have displayed you are struggling to comprehend.

3 Likes

Not that i don’t read the content - just that I cannot figure your ‘argument’.

Or this is reasonably common - but what does it mean - the guys you link to are working for free?

Or what exactly is the meaning?

This particular muppet had a wee break in a popular resort 3 weeks ago - there was a huge tent with the Euros being played (well done England btw) but the muppet refused to go in because he was following the science.

Now there is a huge spike in infections in the resort - but the muppet escaped.

TWB - meant to say - I know you are Melbourne - saw a report very early this morning that the PM is cutting foreign arrivals down to 3000 per week - the report says that the govt are stepping up repatriation flights.

Most my knowledge comes Irish media - very little on UK.

Wondering how ordinary people view the “zero covid” strategy - I do know that many Aussies are not keen on the vac - how do people in your community feel about all this?

New analysis from J&J says it’s single shot vaccine works well against Delta variant.

Demonstrated strong neutralizing antibody activity against the Delta (B.1.617.2) variant
A preprint submitted by the Company today to bioRxiv contains a new analysis from blood samples obtained from a subset of participants (n=8) in the Phase 3 ENSEMBLE study. These data showed that the Johnson & Johnson single-shot COVID-19 vaccine elicited neutralizing antibody activity against the Delta variant at an even higher level than what was recently observed for the Beta (B.1.351) variant in South Africa where high efficacy against severe/critical disease was demonstrated.

In the ENSEMBLE trial, Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine was 85 percent effective against severe/critical disease and demonstrated protection against hospitalization and death. The vaccine was consistently effective across all regions studied globally, including in South Africa and Brazil, where there was a high prevalence of rapidly emerging Beta and Zeta (P.2) variants during the study period.

I’m not certain if they mean 85% effective against the Delta variant or 85% against severe/critical disease and hospitalization and death regardless of variant. I’m thinking the latter, as if it was the former, J&J would be putting billboards up all over the place advertising that fact.

https://www.jnj.com/positive-new-data-for-johnson-johnson-single-shot-covid-19-vaccine-on-activity-against-delta-variant-and-long-lasting-durability-of-response

2 Likes

Even better news regarding COVAXIN vaccine against Delta and Delta Plus variants, as reported in India and by the NIH.

The NIH said results of two studies of blood serum from people who had received Covaxin suggest that the vaccine generates antibodies that effectively neutralise the B.1.1.7 (Alpha) and B.1.617 (Delta) variants of SARS-CoV-2, first identified in the U.K. and India, respectively.

Very inspiring news. More specifics on relationship between NIH and Indo-US Vaccine Action Program

1 Like

2nd Moderna vaccine received 2 weeks ago yesterday.

So far, no extra extremities protruding from any parts of my body, nor have I attracted anything metal, despite being a naturally magnetic person.

Will keep everyone posted if I sense anyone is watching or following me due to the possibility of a tracking device being inserted.

3 Likes

Hi @peterma, I’ll attempt to answer each question as fully as I can.

I have no argument with people who want to be vaccinated, being vaccinated… but there is growing pressure that everyone should be vaccinated whether they wish to be or not.

The ridiculous “My vaccine won’t work unless you get yours” mantra now coming from Governments, Social Media and also being ramped by the vaccinated via peer group pressure…

Once vaccinated numbers have critical mass, they have every intention of requiring Immunity Passports for International travel (no issue) and eventually for travel anywhere and possibly even access to public infrastructure… They are already making noises about permits for interstate travel inside Australia…

Don’t even get me started on the bonus to Health & Life Insurers this Pandemic has been…

We’re on track for a two class society (vaxed and not vaxed). Those that have willfully given away their freedoms and those that have not!

The over reach of Government measures during this Pandemic is frightening, and as @Student05 and I are pointing out… Most are blissfully following the Pied Piper into the ice cold waters

Lets take a look at the unique situation in the UK…

62% now double jabbed… Which no doubt includes just about all that are vulnerable to this virus… the elderly (60+), the compromised and anyone with an ongoing health issues at greater risk from COVID.

Now, case numbers in the UK are out of control (1000% increase in 6 weeks), effectively doubling every 7-9 days… Hospital admissions are only rising gradually, deaths are increasing even less. A situation that would be a great result even in the midst of influenza season. These two facts are hard to dispute…

Even you have stated that it is predominantly the young that are now contracting this Virus… 157,670 of them in the last 7 days… That’s the number of mostly under ~40’s that have caught the virus and will no doubt recover from it with a naturally acquired immunity… The vulnerable are safe… they have all been vaccinated!

So why does the UK Government still require degrees of lockdown when herd immunity is working perfectly on the young and the UK health system is not being clogged with sick and the dying?

This was in jest… to Dr. Bossche’s theory, now slowly getting more coverage that as the vaccinated build immunity to each variant, the virus will continue to mutate and evolve (the survival of the fittest) into even more transmissible and dangerous variants as has been acknowledged with the latest Delta Plus and Epsilon mutations. Making it even more perilous for those of us unvaccinated.

A lot of people and corporations are making a lot of money from the Pandemic and all that is COVID.

As I pointed out to you in many previous posts… Quotes from Professor Bell, on AstraZeneca’s Board, course he is going to back the vaccination push… he’d be remunerated for the article.

Most of these vaccine articles are generated by people who stand to gain from their publishing…Funding, Employment, kickbacks. You always have to see the background of the author of the articles… Big Pharma has billions to spend on advertising, and any litigation that will clear their way.

YouTubers are afraid to mention Ivermectin, CCP or the Wuhan Corona Virus Lab for fear of being demonetized by a censoring Google… Hard to argue with your hands tied behind your back.

Finishing off with a perfect example of everything I have said in many, many previous posts…

Vaccines are ineffective as the Variants mutate… Even you have no faith in your vaccine’s efficacy!

These vaccines all only have Emergency Approval by most Nations Heath Administrators… In approx. 24 months time these vaccines will be required to have the usual Full Approval Requirements…

@MattyMoney, It’s comments like these that display a complete lack of knowledge of how these vaccines work… Moderna is an mRNA technology vaccine…You should do some real due diligence on mRNA…

You’re doing a great job presenting this information, but that is all you can do. Most people will blindly put their faith in these institutions even though those same institutions have failed them time and time again. As Falstaff pointed out they were wrong about bird flu, swine flu, SARS, foot and mouth, Mad Cow and they are wrong about Covid.

A positive test means nothing if it is totally asymptomatic but it still gets added to the “alarming increase of CASES” which begs the question, if no one was being tested would there be a pandemic at all?

2 Likes

Thanks @Student05, Australia is suffering from the same alarmist public opinion…

370 Active cases (including Quarantine) Australia Wide

73 People in Hospital (1 in ICU) Australia Wide

0 Deaths in 2021 Australia Wide

5 capital cities (~12million) citizens are in lockdown… Absolute stupidity!

2 Likes

@Trendswithbenefits I was not being serious here, just trying to lighten the air a bit. Perhaps this isn’t the thread to do that though and in reality II would be the first person to tell you that this is no joke.

I am completely aware of how these vaccines work, along with the pro’s and cons. I’ve been working from home for 15 months due to an auto-immune condition (Lupus) waiting for the day I can get back to the office safely, which is finally happening starting Monday, and I couldn’t be happier.

My Province, Ontario (Canada) reported the fewest “new cases” last Thursday, with under 200 since Sept. We are opening up at a slow and steady pace, based on the percentage of people vaccinated, which has been effective so far.

1 Like

I spoke of a real life experience 3 weeks back - turns out that almost 200 cases arose from that tent - science told me that there’s a good chance I’d get sick if i went in - I’m in business and often make decisions based on what knowledge (science) is available.

Experience today - met an elderly gentleman face to face for the first time - have had a number of telephone conversations with with this very special English retired gent.

Now here is the thing - we both shook hands with great joy and no fear because we each knew the other was dbl jabbed.

1 Like

Or would there just be a lot of guys getting sick, some getting to hospital and some others dying - no big deal I suppose - just get on with it - like a hangover :slight_smile:

Think about it - how do you attempt to fight a virus if you refuse to even look for it.

Matty - it happens in week 3. First thing is keep a close eye on your phone, if it defaults to 5G then your DNA change has commenced - soon you will become a robot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay, thanks for the heads up. If it happens, it happens, not much you can do.

Hopefully I turn into a drone, that would be cool. Plus, that’s what the government is using to steal people’s babies.

1 Like

@peterma, you can spin this yarn twenty one ways to Sunday…. You have no faith in the efficacy of your vaccination.

This is why Europe and the UK has had hundreds of thousands of deaths related to to COVID…. Who goes into a Circus Tent in the midst of an explosive third wave of a Pandemic…… only clowns and morons.

It appears we have a bit of a theme going in this thread now…. The only ones preaching “my medicine won’t work until you take yours” are all suffering from variations of auto immunity…

But it does go someway explaining why Australia has avoided the carnage that has befallen the European nations.

The problem is they don’t know how the vaccines will interact with certain meds that are required for auto-immune conditions. I take a mild chemo drug that suppresses the immune system to prevent it from wreaking havoc. So yes, it could very well be that even though I’m fully vaccinated, I may still be high risk.

Maybe.

But, I can’t live in a cave forever, so go get your f’n shot already, lol.

That’s the thing with modern medicine, it treats these conditions/diseases while allowing them to get passed on from generation to generation. But that’s another discussion.

Oz has thus far avoided the carnage solely because of the zero covid regime i referred to earlier - no citizens allowed to leave without permission, no citizens allowed to return likewise.

There is an alternative - guess who has just now said this:

"If you get vaccinated, you get to change how we live as a country, you get to change how you live in Australia,"