Is there anyone who has been vaccinated here?

Not sure why you introduce the notion of 'outdated; just because of age, the point I was making is that diseases change over years and our response likewise, there was little alternative to the Spanish flu back 100 years except herd immunity.

Anyways here is a piece of good news - Irish people have donated over one million vaccine doses to poorer countries according to Unicef.- my hope is that other richer countries will follow suit.

2 Likes

“The coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccines are safe and effective. They give you the best protection against COVID-19.”
(UK National Health Service)

I had covid before a vaccine was available. Since then I’ve had my two doses of the Astra vaccine. If a booster is required in the next few months I’ll get that asap. If a booster is required next year I’ll get that too. If a booster is required annually, I’ll get it too.

1 Like

That is the kind of can do, will do attitude that will help humanity out of this covid wilderness.

As I type the UK’s donation of vaccines are arriving in Zambia and Congo - the numbers are in the 1000’s but that is just the beginning - many more African countries next week.

I seldom quote FM Raab or even agree with him but this time credit where credit is due, well done.:
“This is the first batch of 80 million being donated via Covax, because we know no-one is safe until everyone is safe.”

1 Like

I take the flu vaccine every year anyway, I have no problem getting the covid one too, on a personal level. My biggest fear is that there won’t be enough for my family and me. :frowning:

Sorry to interrupt that nice little CJ you fellas have going on up above… The one with absolutely no data… no facts… no proof… Just a few guys trying to self assure each other that they have made the right call on these vaccines…

Anyway, back to reality…

Giving evidence to MPs on Tuesday, Prof Sir Andrew Pollard said the fact that vaccines did not stop the spread of Covid meant reaching the threshold for overall immunity in the population was “mythical”.

So now the head of the group at Oxford University that developed the AstraZeneca Vaccine has called bullshite on the mass vaccine rollout… He’s even critical of future Booster shots…

“Even if all children were vaccinated, that wouldn’t stop transmission of the virus…”
Professor Pollard said

Follow the health advice follow the science… Oh wait, this Professor is no longer following the Bed Wetter Narrative… Quick forget him… Find another that will !!

Now… poor Mr. Pollard will suffer a nasty case of character assassination over the coming weeks…

|

Now in Australia… Even Doctors (GP’s) are no longer allowed to think for themselves… They are threatened with sanctioning if they have an open discussion with their patient that in anyway paints the vaccinations… Or even lockdowns in a negative light…

So now even you Doctor is forced to follow along instep with the Government narrative… OR Else!!

2 Likes

In Australia the majority of people are not vaccinated.

In the fight against covid the authorities there have decreased their citizens’ rights further by increasing fines, restricting movement more and even bringing soldiers onto the streets to police the people.

An extremely sad situation and difficult to understand but it is what it is.

I often wonder what is the end game plan in such a situation, when or how will people lockdowns come to an end?

When I find I’m more competent than my doctor in the field of medicine I’ll start ignoring what she says.

1 Like

It’s a hard one… We have just enough health workers, elderly and compromised vaccinated in Australia to risk opening up like the UK has done… Unfortunately, we have State Governments petrified of showing any signs of weakness to anyone that questions the legitimacy of this program…

They have spent hundreds of millions on acquiring vaccines from across the globe… Tens of millions on testing, contact tracing and vaccination infrastructure… There is no turning back now… If they followed the UK or even the Oxford Astrazeneca CEO Andrew Pollard’s advice…

They would look positively incompetent… and stupid…

Most States are Labor (Left) led… and they have no issues with economic destruction and removal of citizens freedoms… Money grows on trees, so they just keep locking down and asking the Federal Government to pay for it all…

The NSW Liberal (Right) Government has a different ideology to the other Australian State leaders, they tried to stay unlocked as long as possible which is what has gotten them into this new case surge.

So if any State does attempt to open up and let it rip… It will most probably be NSW…

It’s a Political shiteshow in Australia… And informed citizens are fully aware of the recklessness!

|

Australia is donating vaccines and equipment across Asia and the Pacific Islands…

1 Like

Great insights into Australian politics. I always knew I didn’t understand the US version of the game, but this has been a real eye-opener.

How did Australia of all places drift so far left?

1 Like

Hey @tommor, great question… I have to really think about this to answer it properly.

Check back in 24 hours or so…

Meantime - an interesting index, bit like a retweet in that it’s just info from the Economist Mag and no particular opinion.

(Had to use wiki to link to a free of personal details copy)

Democracy Index - Wikipedia

The UK remained steady in 2020 - there were lockdowns but maybe not just as draconian and maybe not a huge police repression (here in NI didn’t witness a single police roadblock, good chance same in England)

Currently in NSW it’s a criminal offence to tell track/trace a lie - c/w with hefty fine and a criminal record.

In my own humble opinion politicians in general (regardless if deemed ‘left’ or ‘right’ ) are using covid to diminish democracy whether intentionally or not, and if they were only to step back and allow democracy to make the rules we would be all better off.

Anyways look forward to TWB’s thoughts on home politics

1 Like

My apologies, I assumed the “14th century definition of herd immunity” was a quote. I do understand the idea that diseases can change over time, especially cold and flu (coronaviruses are also part of this group) have a rapid mutation rate of weeks to months and this is why every single attempt including the latest gene therapy “vaccines” have failed.

The idea that if two shots fail then a third, fourth, fifth etc. will work is a nonsense. Perhaps that is why the Irish gov is giving them away?

fully-vaxed-father-dies-media-says-condition-could-have-been-worse
By the way, Spanish flu was not influenza, it was bacterial pneumonia that had been incorrectly named, this was well understood at the time but has been continually miss-attributed as ‘influenza’ by lazy journalists ever since. It is a fascinating story of medical misadventure.

https://www.winterwatch.net/2021/06/the-truth-revealed-about-the-deadly-1918-spanish-flu-it-was-actually-bacterial-pneumonia/

The only reason it was termed’ Spanish’ was that Spain was neutral in ww1 and was not censored from reporting - the disease had it’s origins in the US and spread worldwide via the troop ships.

The local newspaper here re-printed the many death notices in a ‘100 years ago’ column in 2019 - it was a horrendous read which included many children.

Covid had the potential of repeating this horror except that the age group differed - it was possible to sense the helplessness felt by parents back 100 years - now thankfully medicine offers hope in the face of fear.

Maybe if there had been no censorship because of war… 2 evils perhaps?

Edit: Btw not the Irish Govt giving away - it’s the Irish people donating via Unicef :slight_smile:

1 Like

If your doctor is more competent than you I am very happy for you, it should always be so .
Unfortunatelly not every doctor is as competent as it should be.

1 Like

Well, I suppose that’s true. But I’m fairly confident the least competent doctor is more competent than I am at human medicine. I can’t tell which group my doctor belongs in but I’m sure she’s still ahead of me.

In a wider perspective, I tend to follow the majorities of experts in expert fields.

I disagree. :slight_smile:

I agree.
I am not a doctor but I am a chemist so a scientist and I prefer to trust the scientific community.

Former Pfizer VP Latest Message on these COVID Vaccines -

20mins that was censored off YouTube in 90mins!

Now to balance these claims… Here is a link to a Fact Check (Smear) done on Mr Yeadon back on April 23rd… Have a read of this so called FullFact article and see how many of his claims have been proven correct 5 months down the road…

For those that want to believe he’s just another talking head… Mike Yeadon’s LinkedIn page

2 Likes

Well at least NSW Premier has clarified that State’s end game plan and it’s similar to other countries:

"The next few weeks will be hard, but no doubt that once we get those high vaccination rates, life will feel much better, it will look much rosier," Ms Berejiklian told reporters in Sydney, the capital of New South Wales.

"I know these are challenging times, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel."

(rte news)

1 Like

Here’s what we have going on in the state of Florida.

150k positive cases two weeks in a row. That’s EACH week. Doctors and other medical staff are tired and hitting their limits. So they walked out in protest.

Here we have another poster that cannot distinguish between FACT and blatant leftist FICTION…

https://news.yahoo.com/fact-focus-florida-doctors-did-180949401.html

This was confirmed to be a fake news story by multiple sources… Even from left leaning sources

The COVID response in the US (like Australia) is now just a political shiteshow…

|

OK, so now we have covered the entertainment section, it’s time for a dollop of reality…

"Variants like Lambda and Epsilon are not far behind Delta. For example, one study claim Lambda is approx 2-4 months away. So potentially there is a gap and plenty of opportunity for breakthroughs for those who waited to get vaccinated before can get their 3rd shot.

On the current schedule, it takes 9 months time to get 3 shots from August and that’s a problem too if Lambda does arrive. If Epsilon comes along then there will be other gaps.

The point is, with very different vaccine schedules, plus vaccines that lose their efficacy and continuous variants there will always be breakthroughs.

Look at what is happening in Israel with Delta and breakthroughs. They are 78% vaccinated above age 12. That info has been available for a while and the messaging here in the US has been limited at best."

So, looks like they’ll continue to jab and jab until they finally get it right… FAKE it till you MAKE it!

2 Likes