Journey From $25-$10,000

What else do you trade besides Gold? Do you trade currencies at all? just curious…

Nevermind. I just found it in your opening thread. Thanks.

GOLD/XAU
Majors
USDCAD
EURUSD
AUDUSD

[QUOTE=“PipNRoll;631399”] What else do you trade besides Gold? Do you trade currencies at all? just curious…[/QUOTE]

yeah i like trading the majors mainly usdcad
Gbpusd eurousd , kiwi as we’ll

All in all I trade gold much more often
That’s my favourite pair to trade ,

Oh good… I have been shorting this Kiwi out for the last couple of weeks. I was on and off and that 0.8500 support line is tough to break. looking at the weekly chart, looks like still a possible break to that support line. I am being cautions though and putting a tight stop but we will see what will happen this week if it will finally break that support.

Nice trade, so far so good. Gold has been pretty flat until few hours ago, I’m actually hoping to learn some tips of how to trade gold from your trading journey.:wink:

Okay, perhaps I should no longer refer to you as ‘Our Lady’, or you might start thinking of yourself as the Virgin Mary, which could be totally inappropriate.

Forgive me, PipNRoll, for I have sinned…

:stuck_out_tongue:

Haha! No comment …

[QUOTE=“PipMeHappy;631429”] Okay, perhaps I should no longer refer to you as ‘Our Lady’, or you might start thinking of yourself as the Virgin Mary, which could be totally inappropriate. Forgive me, PipNRoll, for I have sinned… :p[/QUOTE

Lmao what the heck :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=“peeterwoolf;631407”] Nice trade, so far so good. Gold has been pretty flat until few hours ago, I’m actually hoping to learn some tips of how to trade gold from your trading journey.;)[/QUOTE]

Haha im still learning every day as well thanks though but your more than welcome to post if you see some set ups with gold or anything els .

My trades for the night/ Tomorrow
I’m currently long @
1264.80 take profit 1274.50 stop @ 1259.00
And then I have sell limit order @ 1275.50

Will post back in a few hours or in the morning
Have good night !. Trade safe

[QUOTE=“PipNRoll;631404”] Oh good… I have been shorting this Kiwi out for the last couple of weeks. I was on and off and that 0.8500 support line is tough to break. looking at the weekly chart, looks like still a possible break to that support line. I am being cautions though and putting a tight stop but we will see what will happen this week if it will finally break that support.[/QUOTE]

Looks the kiwi dollar broke the .8500 mark

Trade update ,

Gold is still very bearish but I think it will hit 70s
Sometime today if it breaks the low or goes near I will close trade and re analyze gold

Will see how the rest of the day plays out

[QUOTE=“Libertysilver;631592”]Trade update , Gold is still very bearish but I think it will hit 70s Sometime today if it breaks the low or goes near I will close trade and re analyze gold Will see how the rest of the day plays out[/QUOTE]

Okay so gold seems like it’s approaching 1248
I have closed gold my long with little bit of a loss and have gone short

Seems like gold will break yesterday’s low

Yep, I need to trust my instinct more :slight_smile: got a few pips out of it :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=“PipNRoll;631645”] Yep, I need to trust my instinct more :slight_smile: got a few pips out of it :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree I need to have more confidence in my trade … I swear I wake up 3 times a night to Cheak my phone the nights im not up trading lol
But

That’s one the I’m getting better @ and working on

Another thing sometimes is I hate losing money no matter how much it is it could be $2.50 it’s like a OCD lmao jks I’m not OCD ,lol I feel the need to go back and make it back but usually before that would lead to me getting a margin call or getting my account wiped over time I learned to cope with my losses even if there larger than I anticipated

Every now and then when I lose money I still get upset but losing money is apart of trading you just have to make your profit @ the end of the day or week how ever long your trading
:stuck_out_tongue:

I’m sure everybody hates losing trades I guess it’s just how you take them or cope with them

Trusting our own instinct and have a better judgement for every trade takes time and experience. We cannot learn those just by reading a book , articles, etc. It all comes from experience. The more we trade and analyze everything, the more we will get comfortable as to when to take on a trade , to hold or when to closed on a trade.

I still have a lot to learn. 2 1/2 years is not enough experience (I think) to justify that but as long I am making progress I am okay with it. I too I do not like losing but I know when I lose and I feel like I have to or wanted to get my money back is the time when I needed to stop and think because I know I will just do a “revenge” trade and I will lose more than I win… When I have a good amount of loses, I sit back , take a break, and I do not look on my chart or look for any trade to take. There is always the next day or next opportunity to come.

An example is when I had a lost of 8% last month. Do I want to win those back this month? Absolutely! I do. But if my only reasoning is to take on a trade just because I want to get it all back rather than take on a trade with a higher probability set up then , more than likely, I will lose more. Instead, I just focus on this month and try my best to not to lose anymore. I know there is always opportunity, I just need to learn how to wait and act on those when the time is right.

Hope my experience help in some ways.

[QUOTE=“PipNRoll;631717”]Trusting our own instinct and have a better judgement for every trade takes time and experience. We cannot learn those just by reading a book , articles, etc. It all comes from experience. The more we trade and analyze everything, the more we will get comfortable as to when to take on a trade , to hold or when to closed on a trade. I still have a lot to learn. 2 1/2 years is not enough experience (I think) to justify that but as long I am making progress I am okay with it. I too I do not like losing but I know when I lose and I feel like I have to or wanted to get my money back is the time when I needed to stop and think because I know I will just do a “revenge” trade and I will lose more than I win… When I have a good amount of loses, I sit back , take a break, and I do not look on my chart or look for any trade to take. There is always the next day or next opportunity to come. An example is when I had a lost of 8% last month. Do I want to win those back this month? Absolutely! I do. But if my only reasoning is to take on a trade just because I want to get it all back rather than take on a trade with a higher probability set up then , more than likely, I will lose more. Instead, I just focus on this month and try my best to not to lose anymore. I know there is always opportunity, I just need to learn how to wait and act on those when the time is right. Hope my experience help in some ways.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it most defiantly helpful thanks , i always like hearing & learning from other peoples experience , it’s funny because I have been trading for pretty much the same time almost 2 years I’m noticing a lot of similarities that where are going through as well

Thanks man, I certainly will.

Trade Update :
Currently I’m still short gold
From earlier

& I’m long usdcad I think tomorrow’s unemployment data may push the dollar up
As well as there’s a lot of hype and. Rumours that there the might be a interest rate hike with usd

Will see how ithe market behaves during London & Tokyo

[QUOTE=“Libertysilver;631740”]Trade Update : Currently I’m still short gold From earlier & I’m long usdcad I think tomorrow’s unemployment data may push the dollar up As well as there’s a lot of hype and. Rumours that there the might be a interest rate hike with usd Will see how ithe market behaves during London & Tokyo[/QUOTE]

Is a great website to find out when the next interest rates reports are for currency’s !!

How are you going to do that? I don’t think you can turn 25$ into 10000$ in a life time…

What unemployment data, do you mean the gdp data?