Kiss principle trading

AUD/JPY AND USD/JPY

AUD/JPY had formed a nice Harami in the direction of the short term up trend in the H2 chart

AUDJPY, USDJPY, GBPAUD
The market is fascinating, I was right about the dip on all JPYs, yet I didn’t capitalise on them as much as I could have, instead the biggest wins came from my recent AUDJPY 30M trade!
I had increased my bank as per my last post on 14/4 at +14% since then I had a run of losses down to 0%!, only to bounce back in just two days up to +25%! :slight_smile:

I am “short” on the AUDJPY but only at 1.5% of equity, whilst 2.5% on the USDJPY Day Divergence trade which I caught this morning. I had entered last night for a quick loss, but now I am more than ahead… Although I could already have this trade at B/E I am waiting a bit longer to do so, as to avoid getting stopped out prematurely

The GBPAUD has formed a nice H4 Hammer at a Fib 618 of the Daily Up Swing, however, in order to enter at 2.5% as well, I am waiting for a 30M “Crown” confirmation which should happen by midnight or there abouts. So a late night tonight to catch this one.

GBPAUD: 270pips and counting!
:star_struck: wow :open_mouth: What a nice 10-bagger!
For as little as 25 pips caught a 270pips ride!
My Live account is still open since I had moved my TP but didn’t move it in the Demo. Never mind, the Demo hit over $263K mark a nice finish for the week

As per my analysis, we got the cheaper entry at the 30M Fib 618 low and it took off from there. As you can see the 30M had also a previous Ham before the H4 formed its own. Further all the GBP/ cad,nzd also had similar signals also confirming this gbp/aud trade.

Synchronicity across the markets is a nice extra confirmation. Similarly with the Eur/ cad, nzd, aud they too had some signs but not all were a clear cut trade

Anyway, this was a nice way to end the week. Finally caught the GBP/AUD as per my previous posts…

AUD/JPY: I do regret closing this trade but is easier in hindsight. I was hesitant of my analysis so IF IN DOUBT STAY OUT. I couldn’t see a clear 30M confirmation the break of the inner up tren line wasn’t clear unlike the GBP/AUD trade. So is a bit like poker, once u decide to make a fold and then u see that you would’ve won with your pair of 2s agains AA and AK, u cant say “man what a bad fold” on the contrary it was still a GREAT fold!

RESULTS TO DATE (14/3/22-30/4/22 or 6.6 weeks):
I have performed a review of my results since I started mirroring my trades in the Demo account.

The results were:
Total Trades: 314
Total Wins: 90
Win%: 30%

Average Win: $2,562
Average Loss: $567
Win/Loss Ratio: 4.5

Total Profits: $63,000 over $200K start up bank
Equity Increase: 32% :slight_smile:

MDD from Peak to Through: 20% :frowning:

I also calculated the Kelly ratio giving me a 13% position size, now that is big!. But I believe this refers to the total open positions, right? This is far too high compare to my 0.5% - 5% risks I have used… Any comments?

Needless to say, I am pretty happy with the above, although I intend to increase my Win % by a lot! A 30% win rate is quite low, however, since I have been doing a lot of “testing” in terms of time frames to trade an increase the number of instruments to trade (at one point I have over 25!) I guess a 30% win rate is not too bad.

I am still quite undecided on how many instruments to trade. On one hand I like having say all the EUR/xs so I can see the “synchronicity” of the markets as mentioned above, but only so I trade only ONE of those, however I have been caught up in GREED and enter all of them multiplying my risk since they all are CORRELATED TRADES!

Anyway, for now I have settled for AUD/JPY, USD/JPY and GBP/AUD as the ones to trade, whilst of course, analysing the correlated pairs to confirm this “synchronicity”.

I am looking forward to increase this results during May and hopefully take my $260K bank up to $350K. I intend to use a 2% - 5% risk for the H2, H4, Day trade set ups whilst stick to 1% - 2% for the 15M-1H Trade set ups. That is, for instance, in the case of the AUD/JPY above, this was a H4 set up trade, whilst the GBP/AUD was a Day set up trade that I entered “earlier” using the H4/30M charts…and so forth…

Happy trading!
TT

1 Like

Here is the Demo history …
History.xlsx (60.2 KB)

USD/JPY: H2 SWING SHORT TRADE CLOSED

Our first trade of the month, less see if we start in a positive note

TT

GBP/AUD & USD/JPY

GBP/AUD & AUD/JPY

I believe my original bearish analysis stands.

GBP/AUD 15M TRADE
Just a 1% trade since we missed the 4H chart move

gbp/aud: a bit of a late entry on the Demo account, I forgot to mirrored it when I entered live

A silly rookie mistake “Entered a 15M Trade against the H4 Direction!”
:frowning:

USD/JPY & GBP/AUD

POSITIONS AND CHARTS
AUD/JPY, USD/JPY, GBP/AUD

AJ: DAY BEAR CROWN
GA: BREAK DOWN TREND LINE, H1-H2 BULL CROWN
UJ: FIB SWING H4

UPDATE POSITIONS

not happy with my entries UJ & EG, closed

UK100: A very nice catch! :slight_smile:

TRADES, POSITIONS AND EXECUTIONS:
I have been away from the computer a lot lately so only trading for a few hours at a time
Here are the latest. I closed the USD/JPY trade at a nice profit, expecting a re-entry at the swing rally

USD/JPY

positions

THU 19 MAY 2022