Kiss principle trading

27MAR19 T73 CRUDE OIL SHORT TRADE
A bear gartley in the 4H chart prompt me for this trade while oil is still on its way to the Right Tip of a bigger Weekly Bear Gartley. I see this as a temporary pull back in its way there. The Day chart shows RSI divergence as well.

EXIT: AT 162/79 GARTLEY: It hit a G222 so took half profits

T74 USD/JPY LONG TRADE (GARTLEY 2HR CHART)
Once again I took this trade late last night and didn’t get the chance to post it.
However, I am doing so only because this was yet another of “my version of a gartley”.

I am trailing this but hoping to give it some more room to move to the 162 extension. however, the 30m RSI is getting exhausted…

SAT 30 MAR 2019: USD/JPY LONG TRADE UPDATE: HIT TP @127% AREA
This was a nice one.

DAY USD/JPY BULL GARTLEY 222:
It seems when you start seeing a G222 you keep seeing them every where. After my TP got hit, I realised how the USD/JPY has so much room to move! So I will be trading long as many times as possible until its G222 target of 113.10 area.

NEWS FOR Q2-2019:
Fellow traders, a quick note to let you know that I have been finding very time consuming to try to post trades pre, live and then track their results using pips count, R:R etc. I only usually track two things (1) PL graph (%ROI per week/month/year) and (2) Failed Trades Review/Notes that I make for myself.

Having this in mind, and since I do enjoy sharing my trading ideas with my fellow traders, I will simply focus on two things
(a) Posting Potential Trade Set Ups
(b) Posting Live Trades only when possible
© Posting “Key” Trade Reviews.

KISS. Hopefully, if I didnt get to post a trade in real time, but I had posted a Trade Set Up, you guys would have had the chance to trade it with me.

I will also be making a few changes to my Trading Entry Types (TETs). I have identified 4-groups of trading entry types from which, after careful review, I confirmed that there are 2-types that lay the best results. So I have increased the Instruments in my Watchlist but will only trade these TET1 & TET2.

You will find out what are these as I post them.

I won’t be posting updates on my trail stops or closing of trades, etc. This will be for each of us to decide.

I hope that you find this posts still of interest and a good posts to fine tune our trading skills.

Happy Trading :slight_smile:

COFFEE BULL GARTLEY TRADE
Here is the “right” time to enter Long on Coffee. Since we also are long on Coco, we can have a capuccino! :slight_smile:

COPPER BEAR GARTLEY TRADE SET UP

Finally, our wait is coming to an end. Copper is approaching our “D” point to sell short. This is a “trade set up” only, so the conditions of the trade have not been met yet.
You can enter if and once all the Bear Gartley conditions have been met.

I will certainly be on the look out tonight and next week…

1st April 19 Update: COPPER DOUBLE TOP INSTEAD?
Ok, so Copper is taunting with us. It didn’t give us a Fib retracement entry for our short. However, it appears it might form a “Double Top” at this Resistance / Fib161.8% Ext level.

I have to say, however, that I don’t see any clear direction with this commodity. It broke off a long term “range” which made me think “Bullish”, yet now is in the process of a possible Day Double Top together with a Day RSI Divergence.
I do not trade any of these set ups, so we will stay out on this one for now.

1st April 19: USD/CAD ADVANCED GARTLEY OR “THE GARTLEY 222” TRADE SET UP
Here we have a nice opportunity to trade the famous “gartley 222”.
This is the “advanced or more complicated version of the gartley” that you find everywhere. Yet still, the way I “interpret and trade” this set up is the simplest possible way.

Simply put, The Gartley 222 is this:
It is the intersection or convergence of a Fibonacci Retracement and a Fibonacci Extension. Simple!

We can see this simpler interpretation in my attached trade set up for the USD/CAD cross.

IN SUMMARY:
The Gartley 222 is Point “C” the Retracement Fib of the Upswing (blue) which is also Point “D” the Extension Fib of the Downswing (pink)

In this case we have Point C = 78.6% retracement or Point D =127% Extension
Simple???

But please do not get confused with my current “Short Trade” as shown by the yellow down arrow. I “foresaw” the possibility of this Gartley 222 to be formed when the USD/CAD “stall” at the 78.6 during this second short. I had already entered at the 78.6% a few days earlier with no other reason than “I feel it might turn here at the 78.6%!” but last night, after I measured the smaller down swing (in smaller time frames) I saw that its extension would end up at the “Gartley 222 point”

The way to actually trade The Gartley 222 in the above example is to BUY at the INTERSECTION POINT (78.6% + 127%).

SO THE TRADE SET UP FOR THE ABOVE IS: BUY AT THE GREEN CIRCLE (INTERSECTION 78.6%+127%) WITH TARGET AT THE 127% EXTENSION OF THE UPSWING (ALSO MARKED IN GREEN CIRCLE)

If you have any questions let me know…

Unfortunately I don’t have youtube or any way of uploading videos so it makes it harder to clearly explain these concepts

2nd April 2019: USD/CAD SHORT TRADE at PROFITS
This trade is now at profits, I am using the Cancel & Replace Stop Trailing approach

1st April 2019: EUR/USD LONG TRADE
On a “mini-gartley” (in the smaller timeframes) plus 786% day support…

2nd April 2019: EUR/USD LONG TRADE STOPPED OUT

4th APRIL 2019 USD/CAD EXIT/REVERSE LONG TRADE
Buy @ 1.3346
S/L @ 1.3248
TP @ Day 127% fib extension 1.3562

After picking up profits from my Short Trade at the 786 on this cross, I have now changed my view on my initial assessment. As per previous posts, I believed that the U/C would be heading towards creating a possible Bull G222 at the 786/127 intersection near the 1.3200 area.

However, as we must “be like water”, and adapt, I have noticed a:
Day Bull King Crown formed at the Day Fib50% support which is also where the “Left Tip” is.
Day Hammer at this juncture
Also, it has formed a Bull Gartley in the 4hr chart

With all of this, I believe that what the U/C is doing, is simply re-testing the initial bounce from the 618% fib retracement and since the U/C is in a recent “Up Trend”, I favour going long.

Of course, these are my thoughts, the market may be thinking something else. But this game is played based on “probabilities” and “each trader’s perceptions” arrived from his/her analysis…

Happy trading

4th April 2019 GOLD SHORT TRADE UPDATE: +2u Locked in
I have updated my S/L on Gold as shown locking in 2u (5% profits) to the last 4h Swing High which sits above the 78.6 giving this commodity room to move. If it takes it out then I know there is strong chance of reversing hence protecting our short trade

Happy Trading :slight_smile:

4th April 2019 COCO LONG TRADE UPDATE @ B/E
This trade is at B/E however so far at +2units of paper profits
This must be my best trade I have came across. This commodity formed a Month Chart Bull Gartley and it has been in an uptrend ever since. I wished I was trading it then!

So I have full confident it will get near its Day 127 Fib Extension, but of course nothing is CERTAIN in this market so I will trail my stops using the 4h chart to the most recent Swing Low…once its formed! Since this product has been heading up like a rocket to the moon with no retracements so far…but since it is at current resistance levels it may retrace here…

4th April 2019 AUD/USD SHORT TRADE "MINI GARTLEY [TTR]"
Here is another trade based on what I know renamed TTR. This is in the 30m chart

I also entered earlier a short trade last night on a Swing 78.6% plus candle. The AU hit the 78.6 (and it has been bouncing off this fib a few times before)
But I am trading each trade independently the 30m entry with 30m exit and the 4h entry with 4h exit respectively

Happy trading

4th April 2019 NZD/USD SHORT TRADE [FR]
This is a Fib Retracement [FR] type trade
I entered a bit late since I just saw it…market had moved a bit already but nevertheless i have a 4:1 opportunity

happy trading :slight_smile:

Sold @ 0.6785
S/L @ last high
TP @ fib 127

Tech: Fib Ret @ 61.8% in direction of inmediate trend PLUS Twezer Tops all on the 2h chart timeframe

1 Like

4th Apr 2019 GOLD SHORT TRADE [FR]
fib retracement and we are back adding on our short with gold

1 Like

4th Apr 2019 EUR/USD TRADE SET UP [FR]
I will be shorting EUR/USD once and if the current 4hr candle (due to close in 1.5 hrs) ends up giving us a bear engulfing candle
This is a Fib Retracement [FR] trade entry type. We have 382, 50 & 786 intersections
Plus already a Dark Cloud Cover and now forming a Engulfing Candle (as possible)
In the shorter time frames we already had much earlier signals like a Shooting Star (my favourite) but since I am already bullish on the USD I thought prudent to get a second 4h candle confirmation before shorting the EUR/USD

happy trading :slight_smile:

TRADE ENTERED

this is it for today thu 4th april 2019

lets make some money while we sleep here in down under…

1 Like

5th Apr 2019 TAKING PROFITS ON MOST OF MY TRADES: +5u
STILL OPEN GOLD FIRST SHORT, USD/CAD AND COCO

eur/usd short closed +0.2 u
aud/usd short closed & tp hit +0.7u
nzd/usd short closed +1.2 u
gold short tp hit +2.6u
usd/cad just hit at 0.3u
total collected +5u
current open trades is at +5u with our star trade coco on its way to its day 127% tp
:slight_smile:

5th Apr 2019 GOLD SHORT TRADE CLOSED +2.6u
GOLD BUY FR 618% HAMMER TRADE SET UP

The reason for the exit on the Gold Short trade is that we have a very clear Tweezer Bottom formed with a Day Hammer at the 618 support area. Despite the fact that I had the 127 short target.

It would costs us a bit too much buying now, therefore I am looking to enter long using any of the intraday charts

I don’t have any defined TP however, so this is at one’s own discretion… Of course it will be a minimum of 2:1

TRADE EXECUTED

5th Apr 2019 COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE BULL TTR SET UP…3rd time lucky?
This is why DISCIPLINE is imperative in this business.

Now the time is coming. I will BUY this POSSIBLE BULL TTR [GARTLEY] COMING UP IN THE 2h-4H TIMEFRAMEs

5th Apr 2019 GBP/JPY LONG TRADE [FR 61.8%] -0.2u
Long on this pair 2h chart as shown

NOTE: I am not happy with this long. I have missed that the G/J has formed a day bear engulfing candle and possible on the “A” point of a “Bull Gartley” which means it has room to move down by 100 pips to point “D” before actually resuming its up trend
So I would stay out if I can…

NZD/USD LONG TRADE Swing 78.6% [S786]
Entered Long on this cross on 4h Harami @78.6 fib

5/4/19 18:30 CLOSED -0.3u

5th Apr 2019 USD/CAD SHORT TRADE SWING 78.6% [S786]
entered as shown

5/4/19 18:30 CLOSED +0.4u