Learn To Trade - Greg Secker Workshop - Smart Charts - Capital Index

You’re welcome. Congratulations on getting your refund back. Spread the word to help others.

hi, gosh i made a mistake of paying a downpayment today of 10k also and Ive been reading the terms and conditions that states that i would not be able to get a refund. Pls update me on what happen to your request for a refund from them. thank you!

oh pls help. this is also what happened to me, they just made me sign after telling me that there is no refund and also afraid that ill be forced to pay the balance, and to clarify, the terms and conditions is not a contract right?., pls update me thank you so much

Hi pls help. Reading all this just today after paying 10k makes me so mad at myself for believing them before I researched. Now i’m just afraid that i would be paying the remaining balance because right at this moment I dont want to continue any transactions with them and want to cancel. They made me sign first after telling me that there’s no refund and that I should read the terms and conditions. Is it enough to complain at DTI about their policy of having no right to cancel?

Just file a complaint. And wait for the course to take place. Truly patience is a virtue.

same here…is the blue form the contract? i mean it looks like more of a receipt than a contract

Its not actually a contract but rather a sales invoice. Have they discussed the terms at the back? For me they havent.

they didnt discuss it. they just told me that the money is non refundable then after that they told me to just read the terms and conditions

Just file your complaint. Time is ticking

Were you able to get your refund? Did you file a complaint to DTI?

Interesting little series of posts from first-timers.

Can one of the CLIENTS please remind me, what’s the basic strategy for their trades?
Is it e.g. find a chart with a ranging price, then buy just above support, sell just below resistance? Is it a moving average cross-over? Something else?

Cheers.
Tom

As I agree that it never looks great when first-time posters post in favour of something, I’ll add a quick post (as I have done at various points over the years on this subject) - I took this course many years ago, it was my first introduction to trading (I was reskilling from a separate, unrelated career), so I knew nothing. For me, at that point, it was ideal. It isn’t cheap (IIRC I paid around £2000 for the course plus reading materials etc, plus £1600 or so for coaching on top? It was of that order, anyway). It basically teaches a few different approaches to trend-based trading, there are a few strategies taught that utilise Price Action, identifying a trend, using some indicators for support, it teaches support and resistance. I know that trainers in general (and Greg Secker in particular) do get some stick, and sometimes seemingly rightly so, but all I can say is that I paid for the course as a novice, went to my coaching sessions for several months afterwards, and they taught me to trade. You can also resit the course, I think, for free for a certain amount of time after first taking it. I don’t know Secker personally, but I got to know a few of the coaches, all the ones I know trade their own money alongside their work for the company, they have wider trading lives, indeed the main guys I knew at the time have now moved on as their own careers developed and they found their own niche. So courses will always be controversial, and yes everything is ultimately available open source, but for me as a (then) novice I liked the way that everything was presented in the same overall context, I could ask questions of someone who was trading the same approach, and it certainly pulled everything together into one consistent approach at a good speed, so it very much worked for me. I have been trading ever since and have long since made my course fees back.

But, as others have said it takes a lot of dedication and time, and anyone expecting to turn up, spend two days on their trading floor and then come away as a profitable trader is kidding themselves. If it were that easy then everyone would do it! So while I don’t do recommendations - and ultimately no one on here knows me - FWIW I sat the course and was (and am) very happy with that decision.

Only piping up as I have more than one post, have been here for some years, and I do often find that people complaining have either not tried the product (they have buyer’s remorse before the course even starts and simply want their money back, which is not the same as taking the course and not being happy with it), or have taken the course and then not gone straight into consistent profit (which imho is an unrealistic proposition).

So please no one take a course because I said so, but all I’m saying is that I did and it worked for me.

Please don’t shout at me, we’re all different!

ST

Fabulous, even-handed reply, thank you, and with the invaluable benefit of first-hand experience.

I don’t have such a downer on training as most others here and on other forums. It would be amazing if they taught something that definitely would not work or if they took your course fees and then never turned up to the seminar room. That would be a definite scam. But taking a low-cost commodity and re-packaging it for sale at a higher price is just good business. And for some students, the fact that its all brought together for them and delivered pretty quickly is maybe worth a price premium.

1 Like

Hi there

I am writing on behalf of the Learn to Trade team.

We take all feedback very seriously indeed and always do our best to provide exceptional service.

If you have any issues or queries regarding our service (or how we operate) we invite you to talk directly to our dedicated team, or better still, arrange an appointment to visit one of our ‘Traders Centre of Excellence’ offices located in numerous locations around the world. We strongly recommend meeting our actual customers in a live trading environment, as this will give you a much more accurate idea about the quality of education we offer, and give you the chance to pin point any reservation you may have in a completely fair and transparent environment.

All of our contact details can be found on our website at Contact Us | Learn to Trade | Learn to Trade

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Lara Lain (Learn to Trade Global Marketing Director )

3 Likes

Hi @Yuya006 what is your reason when you filed a complaint with DTI? May I have any copy of your format you submitted to them? Please.

Hi @RCRC how did you file yor complaint to DTI? what will be an acceptable and valid reason that they could consider for my complaint? I wanted my downpayment be refunded too, I just gave the Php 10k, Mar 27, 2018 and I have’t signed any docs with them except the registration form during the seminar. I texted the agent who contacted me and she haven’t replied to my messages yet. Please, I need your help. Thanks so much.

This is a 6 year old dead thread, please let it rest in peace

Hi I’m seeking advise about getting refund with LTT. can you help me? thanks

Read the small print in the registration form, that’s your contract unless it states otherwise.
If you haven’t got a receipt from them saying that you paid, how can you prove it?
Email/write to them, not text, and give them a reasonable time to reply, say 7 days.

I haven’t signed any reg form yet. I have the text messages of the agent to prove the payment I made to them. But they did not issue any scanned copy of the receipt. Is this a valid reason to write to DTI? Thanks.