Losers Anonymous

I had a losing trade today on the eurjpy pair,lost about 60 pips (ÂŁ4). Bit annoying, but what can you do about it aye :slight_smile:

Just for the credibility of the thread… how do you feel after sharing your loss on this thread?

Thanks for being the first!

i don’t think there is anything wrong with admitting that i have losing trades (its all a part of trading) hmm i don’t really feel anything after sharing.

Is it in any way shameful/embarrassing? I think that’s what some(many?) people on this forum fear…

No, i don’t feel any negative emotion in sharing that side of my trading results, its just as important as my winning trade. Because with each losing trade increases my chances of a winning trade. how about your self, any losing trade lately?

Yes, Tuesday I shorted the EU pair mid-NY session and lost 23 pips! Thanks for asking :slight_smile:

…and how did that make you feel?

[QUOTE=“Sweet Pip;477282”]

…and how did that make you feel?[/QUOTE]

…and was it embarrassing?

I felt a little foolish to be honest, it wasn’t a great setup, but I was confident that I would win the trade (as I do with all my trades until the market shows me otherwise, haha)

i dont think you should feel foolish, its all apart of the game

I appreciate your concern, but there’s a big difference between feeling a little foolish and feeling ashamed of yourself. My risk was in check, and my trade management discipline was perfect, so nothing to worry about. Now if I had doubled-up on the next trade out of “revenge” well then I would definitely feel ashamed about that. But you should to be honest, that is a grave mistake in this industry

So John, what company/bank do you work for? Or if you’re not willing to share that much, what system do you use to enter trades at work? And what’s your position/title?

:::::Update:::::::::

Haha my question relates to the “input” system you use, not your trading system. You work as “professional” trader so you should know that right?

N.B. thanks for blocking me off the thread for asking a question, says a lot about you…

I operate on a simple support/resistance technical framework, utilizing a HH/HL or LH/LL momemtum (trend) filter. There are specific times of day I look for setups, and a myriad of other very common technical tools that I use to reduce risk. I match this up with daily range potentials to ensure there is sufficient potential reward to justify the risk taken. I am purely a discretionary trader.

My title at the firm is “Junior Trader” and I am currently allotted 10% of the fund’s pooled assets.

Thank-you for respecting my privacy, as I am contractually obligated not to release information beyond what I have just shared with you.

I was really hoping this discussion could distance itself from me and what I do, and move to discussion of Trading losses.

Don’t be shy… we all lose!

I learnt from ICT so I never lose… :21:

I noticed from the “Pro Trader’s Club” thread that you are short EU at 1.3075. What is the Stop on that trade?

Yep you were exactly right with your prediction in the other thread. What’s your thinking?

I’ve only been trading live for 2 months and in that time my account has gone up about 12% and now all the way back down to about -2%. Definitely still finding my way.

I’m guessing that when your account is positive, you feel successful? and when your account is negative you feel like you are failing?

Basically you have a bucket with a hole in the bottom. It doesn’t matter how full you get that bucket… it will still be empty by the time you get it home! Get smart and plug the hole before you fill it with water :slight_smile:

I assume you’re trying to be helpful and not just here to mock people. But your last post will be true for pretty much every beginning trader won’t it? So I’m not sure what else I need to do to “get smart” apart from get the experience. And try not to lose too much money in the process…

Seems like you are having fun pointing out retail traders weakness. Why don’t you help instead?

THE ANSWER:

Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas

:slight_smile:

All I am saying is that if you have nothing stopping you from losing 14% of your account “by chance” then you will never get anywhere. There is some emotional flaw or gross lack of risk control that goes into losing 14% of your account.