Mad Scalper

Everything you need is in the first post of this thread.

Thanks Petefader

Hey everyoneā€¦just checking in. This week I was trading off my 1hr signals and pure VSA and did very well. (My VSA thread: 301 Moved Permanently )

Looks like EJ and EU have been GREAT for Mad Scalper.

Have a good weekendā€¦donā€™t give back your pips, itā€™s ā€œfryā€ day. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Pete,

At first have to say thank you for all your help. Happy New year.

I am planning to read your other thread. Do you use this for Asian market.

I like to know if you have any method(s) to trade the asian market or any recomandations.

Thanks.
KC.

Thanks for this method pete. Very interesting so far and just let a +20 pipper on the EJ go by, hopefully I can start trading EJ again like i use to with this method.

Thanks ever so much for sharing once again. God bless you.

Is Pete on a vacation?

This looks like an interesting strategy.

can someone please post their recent results using this system? Thanks.

If there is somebody here that doesnā€™t mind helping me get this system working right on my MT4 platform Iā€™d really appreciate it.
I have 4 indicators from the download in place and the template in placeā€¦the shaded areas donā€™t look anything like the ones in Peteā€™s charts.

Really appreciate it!

check your time frame. Its 5m chart

KC.

Thx.
Maybe I do have it right and I just need to give it some more time to see entry points form.

Hi unknown2u,
maybe you have what I hade, and this is what pete wrote me :

All you need to do is load the template that you downloaded along with the indicators, and you will have my custom settings automatically.

The file that ends in .tpl is the template. Go to ā€œload templateā€ in your mt4 to load it.

hope that helps:confused:

Pipon!!

Thanks so much!!
LOLā€¦I thought all I needed to do was put the template into my template fileā€¦
Didnā€™t even know I needed to ā€œloadā€ it!! (Yesā€¦Iā€™m still new to all this!)

Iā€™m all set nowā€¦happy pipā€™in all!

I made my first trade tonight using the Mad Scalper.
I did a buy of the usd/chf
I got in at 1.05550. I got out at the downturn and only made 2 pips! Got out at 1.05570. I attached a pic of the chart. Guess I should have stayed in longerā€¦looking at the chart nowā€¦I coulda made a bunch more pips!
Iā€™ve read about a bunch of you taking profits and not closing all of the trade. Iā€™m using MT4 thru FXCM. How do I close only a part of a trade?

I guess the big question is did I make the right move getting into this trade based on the rules of the Mad Scalper?

Thanks for the thoughts!

If you use bars instead of candles you can see the color changes better.

Also zoom in about one click so you can show individual barsā€¦the colors wonā€™t be run together.

Put a vertical line through the bar where you entered and also where you made your exit. This will help us see more clearly and we can comment on your trade.

I like this scalping method. Very simple and straight forward.

I added a 200 MA to give me an idea of the longer term trend.

I update my chart pic to show around the place I got in and when I got out.

Look at it nowā€¦I could have got in much soonerā€¦howeverā€¦I thought we were advised not to get in until we know for usre the 50MA is trending the right way (in this case upā€¦). So I held out getting in for a bit to make sure the 50MA was on a nice move up.
I also know the spread bumped me up a bit from where I actually clicked in. Is there any way MT4 will show you the current spreads for each pair?

Thanks!

Go back to post #1 and read the rules. The trend was flat. You donā€™t enter unless there is a definite trend up or down. Once there is a trend you donā€™t enter until there is a pull back which is shown by a color change. Learn about the color change. I see no indication of a color change in the region that you entered.

If you really want to learn this method, you should start with post #1 and go through every page. There are lots of examples and charts posted. It is a very worthwhile read.

Thanks for the reply.
I guess I was missing the pull back part.

I just entered a long on the e/u. Looks to me like there was a pullback, the trend is up. Did I do that right?

Alsoā€¦not sure if this is the place to post thisā€¦but I figure Iā€™d ask anyway.
When I traded my micro account it was on Trading Station. When I trade demo I didnā€™t use stops a ton. I see the strategy here is to put stops in around 20pips. Am I missing somethingā€¦or does MT4 only allow stop at a 50pip minimum. If that is the case I gotta stop using MT4!

Thanks!

Iā€™ll take this oneā€¦

I donā€™t know where you took e/u. Post a chart.

You are mistaken about a 50 pip minimum for mt4, not true.

Thanks Pete.
Gotta get to work.
Iā€™ll try to post a chart later. Trade isnā€™t working out so well.
All part of learning! I look at the charts people post and it makes sense and looks very easy. I donā€™t think Iā€™m making the trades on a strong trend so that is probably what my problem is right now.