Matty’s Money - Trades, Ideas and Info

It’s on the move today.

Gold is climbing again…

AUDUSD 4H - Long order pending. All 3 MA’s are sloped up and price has broken through the MA48. Price also bounce off a support area as well as a channel support.

Weekly - Has been in an uptrend since March and appears to be headed toward the 0.736 level:

USDCHF 4H - Could be a few pips here next week…

AUDNZD 4H - Looking for a bounce off that MA48/support and a break through that resistance level. My money’s on long (literally):

But beware, bulls have been struggling at that 1.103 ceiling for the last 6 days. Either way, I will stay in and let it play out.

1 Like

See the last region where price touched the bottom of your channel. It reacted to a previous top (look left). Since the top was a significant one the retracement was correspondingly significant.

1 Like

My short order was executed yesterday (Monday).
My TP will be triggered as soon as price hits the Demand Zone (DZ). I will then place a long order with the expectation being price will reverse back out of the DZ. SL will be the just under the DZ.

USDJPY 1H - Price has touched the supply zone and reversed to pick up my short order.
SL above the SZ
TP on entrance into DZ

just make sure u get out at around 106.107 level, i see this as just a retracement

that s what i m waiting for, and ofc hopefully vol to confirm buyers

1 Like

I will keep my eye on that area. As you can see I already have a S level just above 106. Maybe I’ll adjust my SL to BE just in case it does retrace, but I expect it to hit that DZ.

**Edit - You could be right, this whole Supply/Demand thing is new to me so I’m trying it out.

1 Like

add vol to ur chart. when price aproaches that area, if vol is increasing on down bars and the result is bull candles, then take profit etc…if vol is low, it could continue…just a sugestion so u can stay in a trade longer. cheers

1 Like

i dunno if i m right or wrong, all i see right now a daily range (middle) and low vol at higher prices that were made today so that might suggest to me that there isn t much interest in selling UJ, but ofc it has to retrace specially since asia is close by. even if price comes there where i m looking for buys, if vol isn t there (activity) i ll pass. ussually when price aproaches a resist or support and vol is low, means there s no interest from sellers at resist or buyers at support, and often it breaks and continues. anyways, just saying watch it or better yet, SL at BE at R1, and let it play out, but atleast u have no more risk on the table and less stress. cheers

1 Like

Volume added. Also, increase D Zone to reflect 3rd buying wave…therefore, TP moved up slightly.

This is starting to get more complicated then I like, but let’s see what info I get out of it.

dude, there s no reason to go crazy on analysis, just note that if vol is low at support or resist it might range or break and continue. also with the targets be realistic, if u play the daily swings then yeah, do the analysis there and look for an entry on 1hr, it s what i also look at. but my motto is SL at BE at R1 to take the edge off and let it run, ofc if there s no trouble in sight. but when ur in mid of a possible daily range, with no clear direction, it s good to be a bit more cautious. also on daily prie made a lower high, so trying to short it for bigger gains can be a tad out of reach. sure the over all trend is down, but unless ur a position trader with a SL to match that, it s gonna be tough. anyways, try and make ur trades risk free as soon as possible and still give them room to run, if it s meant to be a winner it will be, but u won t sweat it much, afterall, it s just 1 of many more trades to come. 1 thing i hate is letting a good trade turn into a loser, that s why i enforced upon myself the R1 rule. not before, just so i can keep some sort of risk reward in check.
EURCAD was a nice short today also, was there watching it but didn t took the trade cos of daily bias, even tho on the 4hr and 1hr were 10 things screaming sell :smile: and it went to R1 and it could still go lower, but c est la vie, there will be other trades.
stay green
PS: 1 last thing i wanna add before i forget lol
an engulfment or a pin at support and resistance are nice signals, but u wanna have a probability also of knowing if that support is gonna hold or not. that s why i got into studying volume. cos till i discovered vol, i d get eaten alive trying to sell at resist and buy at support on candle patterns, often times they do just that, u ll see a nice pinbar at resist on low vol or really high vol and the next bar breaks resist stopping people out. anyways, not much analysys needs to go into that, but only having vol on chart and knowing that if the vol is low at support means no activity, therefore buyers aren t that interested can save u a lot of headaches sometimes. hope this helps cos it sure helped me.
cheers bud

1 Like

USDCHF - I don’t trade this pair but looking at the chart you posted it looks like a classic trend change to the upside. Price may not get to your DZ before heading upward. Hope I’m wrong but proceed with caution.

1 Like

Always appreciate tips, that’s what this thread is all about. Sometimes you’re so caught up in something new and exciting that you forget to look at the bigger picture.

@QuadPip posted a video about supply and demand here and I instantly took an interest in the subject and needed to educate myself further. But, you can’t forget, your strategy is only as good as your knowledge of the markets. So really, if you know how the markets move then you can pretty much make any strategy work. But you have to see the forest, not just the trees.

1 Like

I have adjusted my SL to be safe. I do expect a longer term downside with this pair though. Looking at the monthly I can see it moving to 0.88 area.

i suggest u read this before going deeper into that. to me, supply or demand is materialised thro vol, thus weakness and strenght, but i draw my support and resist not based on suply zone or demand zone, that s bogus…a level that rejected price previously might get crashed afterwards, and why? cos all the retail stops and buy stops etc are gonna be there and so forth. like with anything, forward test, not backtest, cos that s just lieng to urself since ur only human and objectivity is very difficult to achieve specially when it comes to money. so put those notions to the test and see what gives. bottom line, u can trade only based off support and resistance, wait for retest, and go in, and still be succesfull, maybe a lower win rate but profitable nontheless. cheers

https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/991901-sam-seiden-goes-down

1 Like

Wow! That’s something! It’s amazing how many people are involved in ripping off the trading community. Very sad!

However, supply and demand zone analysis is a valid analysis methodology. It is not Sam’s invention. And the reason I point people to it is because it is really based on the fractal nature of markets. I don’t believe that the markets move as a result of buying and selling activity. It is entirely algorithmic, IMO and the more I learn the more entrenched I become in that belief. :slight_smile:

1 Like

i ve no idea what ur talking about when u said the above. i don t agree or disagree with u lol. i saw sam seiden and it immedietly reminded me about that thread and stuff linked to supply and demand concepts. forex is a decentralised market, and even so the algorithm BUYS and SELLS lol. what do i care if it s a human or a machine behind as long as there is a buyer and a seller. even better cos the algos are cleaner and leave repeatable traces, cos are algos after all.
as for the hole concept of supply and demand, ofc it works, simple trendline trading works 2. but when i say supply and demand i m talking about large orders, entities flooding the instrument taking large positions in order blocks (cos they need to divede the main order in smallers 1s or they won t get filled or price will mark up or down to fill those orders agaist them and they won t get a good price anymore. it s a hole concept but the bottom line is that he @MattyMoney needs to test whatever concept before implementing it. that was my hole point.and the link i sent was just cos it regards the topic at hand, i ve no bias personally if supply and demnad zones work or not, nor have i ever studied or read anything related to sam seiden. but i did a lot on supply and demand( not zones).
cheers

1 Like