Matty’s Money - Trades, Ideas and Info

From what I’ve read recently, Sam Seiden’s teachings of S/D are wrong. He taught all his students that market movement is due to pending orders made by banks, not market orders, as well as a couple other things. So ya, he’s been discredited for a while now.

Oh, no no … I read my post and I can see how I may have come across as argumentative. I’m not arguing anything you said, LOL.

In fact, thanks for the link about Sam Seiden being charged. I was lamenting the fact that we have too many charlatans in the industry.

But some of the forum member messages at the link you provided, were conflating Sam’s deceptive practices with supply/demand analysis being faulty. I was merely clarifying that one has nothing to do with the other. And, I have no vested interest in either Sam or Supply/Demand.

It’s all good! :smiley:

Interesting theory indeed.

again, i ve just posted that link cos it popped up in my head when i saw sam seiden.
what he teaches or if it works or not? i ve no idea, i just think 1 should have as much knowledge at hand if possible to make an informed decision.

yeah bud, no worries, like i said, i don t agree nor disagree, and i prefere to not have opinions on a topic i ve never dove into. on supply and demand i could write ages, but for the topic at hand i d rather not. it could work, after quite a few years of trial and error i ve come to the conclusion that even a simple macd strategy works lol, it s only the trader that is unable to perform and maintain a mindset and a clear vision, specially when fear or greed takes over, or a string of losses occur. so my 2 cents is learn to lose. that was my biggest hurdle.
cheers

Yup! I can show you stuff in price action that will lead you to the same conclusion. There can be no other explanation that I can think of. It’s quite fascinating really.

i might agree with that. why? simply because large corporations, banks, even LPs, are using algos for a better execution and therefore a better price. but like i said, even the algos are designed by humans, so unless there s some new revolutionary concept that completly changes the view over the markets, same basics apply, atleast imho.
pardon my grammer, really tired. cheers

AUDCAD 4H - Is presenting a good sell opportunity. It has bounced off the MA48 several times and is at the top of a descending channel. Also, CAD looks to be strengthening as oil is on the rise.

I will be looking to short this one in the morning.

This pair was in an uptrend since March, until a month ago and seems to have finally turned a corner.

take some profit of UJ or set BE just to be safe dude

1 Like

USDCHF - This one retraced and triggered my SL. Small gain, no loss.

USD could be active in a few mins with news events on the schedule.

Way ahead of you my friend. Closed it out for now, might just be a pullback.

1 Like

could be, i m looking long on UJ for now, i am long on 5m with the 4hr and 1hr in mind…we ll see how it develops. stopped out at BE, of well, i ll keep watchin

1 Like

USDCAD 4H - Price is testing this S area for the 3rd time. Will it break through, or are we looking at a trend reversal?

My daily chart is showing the next S level at 1.303. R at 1.334.

Anyone trading stocks, NIO is one to watch. I’m going to buy at the next dip:

My 2 test trades using Supply & Demand Zones, had I stuck with them they would have played out in the end. But I closed them both due to market volatility. So in other words…I chickened out!

USDCHF:

This entered back into my D Zone overnight. I never got that long order placed because it all happened while I was asleep.

USDJPY:

Wild ride! My TP was almost hit on the 27th at 9am, then continued back up and would have nearly stopped me out, just to shoot back down into my D Zone.

Technically, S & D Zones are not supposed to be used more than once (exit then reenter), and this S zone was used twice. This certainly wasn’t a textbook play and might not even fall into the S & D strategy at all. But it did work out in the end.

don t beat urself up about it lol, it has been a week when little made sence, and i m talking in terms of vsa, wyckoff point of view, but many systems or market aproaches failed. look at yesterday for example, gold had a 600 pips run on stops, those who sold and those who bought were killed, and some other pairs same stuff…its in days or weeks like these that the difference between a retail and a pro is made. if u can manage to get out at a small loss or BE in times like these, i call that a win. cheers

1 Like

Agreed, thanks for that.

I got stuck long on Gold before it tanked, but I held onto it and one is in profit now.

what s that, straddle, butterfly effect? u was lucky dude imho.

1 Like

Closed both, I’ll take the small profit. I don’t trade Gold very often, I like to stick with currency pairs.

1 Like

go with the probabilities rather then hit and hope, stick to what gave u some constant results thus far. don t take this the wrong way, but this career is way more difficult then say, becoming a lawyer or whatever else, atleast imho. so to stay alive to fight another day is already a huge accomplishment, but to do that u have to stick with something and don t stray from that(that s what leads to consistency). sure u can test, forward test all kind of stuff, but do it with paper money first. ofc this is just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.
cheers

1 Like

I agree with you 100% here. I’m sure anyone who knows me here knows I’m a bit of a cowboy when it comes to my trading style. I will have to eventually buckle down to 1 or 2 strategies and settle in for the long haul.

1 Like