Music to help with trading?

yes. this is also what i believe. even if it is not true, i still find listening to classical music soothing.

Well, to go into details-i think it depends on your trading style. I mean if someone is sitting infront of the Computer, has an automatic trading system and you only have to check the technical things like scotty in “Raumschiff Enterprise”, you can listen to everything, i think, because it does not effect your trading.
If you trade like a hunter and go in and out after certain personal, visible rules i made the experience with good music, that sometimes i “felt too good” and opened a trade which i would not have opened if i had gone through the whole thinking process-those trades are all minus trades. So i skipped last days ntv Television (Real timeGerman economic news) and also music and started a new demo account under conditions i would trade in reality (no TV, no music…): the result is scalping like an Indian…:cowboy_hat_face:

Music is something really charming which keeps you focused and active. If you are a music lover then you must be a lively person who would never get bored in any situation. Trading requires activeness and stickness. Music is helpful in this regard! Do you think the same as I am thinking right now?

Yes, I agree. However, without music I could get bored in some situations, that is when I really need to turn on something lively to listen to.

Michael Jackson - Keep The Faith

All day everyday - Lol!

1 Like

I love to listen hard techno music! I recommend you all listen to “Trading Techno” playlist on Spotify! Or listen to Leftfield 22… it’s the heaven.

For me mostly Morning Coffee JAZZ & Bossa Nova Music, it calms me down, and prevents me from breaking something lol

Breaking something during trading?

First of all it depends from each personality. Someone will be helped by the music other one not. May be i`m somewhere in the middle. Second of all thanks to BaconSandwich and justshell. Found some good vibes cuz of you guys. :wink:

1 Like

no probl! glad I could help :slight_smile:

1 Like

lol
yep, when the position goes against me, like a lot, it’s nerve wracking for me to see a move of 60 or 80 points in the opposite direction!!
nothing can push my nerves/buttons as much.
:wink:
so i need a super zen ambient around me all the time I’m trading :smile:

1 Like

I agree, when that happens it’s pretty stressful, I know that from personal experience.

Music is a great addition to a trading room as it keeps you activated and focused. In teh systems where you ahve to wait and watch, the chances of getting bored increase adn music helps you not to get bored. Your focus is important as a trader and you have to stay focused. Thanks

1 Like

I am just listening to my usual radio and selection stations until I will find something good which will not be not that slow in the process, something very rithmic really helps me to calm down and just work, and that’s it. I really love to work under music.

I don’t even know how long it has been since I’ve last listened to the radio.

i usually play radio in my car.

Anyone ever listen wolfgang mozart stuffs while trading or even working? His songs fits my trading room. A great composer.

1 Like

I like listening to buddhist mantras:grinning:
When I was preparing for my exams it seemed like I was able to learn everything :joy:

How about classical music?

2 Likes

Yes, Holst is a favourite, especially The Planets. Although there are many others too.