Music to help with trading?

Oh, yeah! It really calms down and helps concentrate

Do you trade in your car? :smiley:

I really love to listen some light pop during trading or such unusual activities like that for example. Please make me understand that for sure about other people tastes. Or I just have something like 20 radio stations from FM radio and that’s it. And you ?

Different people, different tastes. I’d get very distracted if I actually listened to radio while trading.

I have to say that forex trading is one of the most stressful things in life. You have to remain as calm as you can in order to increase your success rate. I think that listening to music will be helpful. What do you think guys? Is is soothing or distracting?

Definitely soothing. what i do is, play my favorite playlist on a very low volume, so i can concentrate as well.

What kind of music do you like to listen?

I was listening to a guy on a Tedx clip on Youtube talking about background music in the work situation. He said there is very clear evidence on this - familiar music takes your attention away from the work task: so does any music involving human voice or even music with frequencies in the same range as the human voice, such as cellos etc.

He basically said don’t do it. But if you must, minimise distraction from the work task in hand by using unfamiliar instrumental music in very high or very low tone ranges. The very idea sounds pretty unpleasant.

1 Like

Unfamiliar music all turned up sounds straight up unpleasant to deal with while working.

i have a mixtape, which has songs from 80s and 90s, so no particular kind.

1 Like

The music really can help a lot for the trade because it relaxes and clears your mind so that you can concentrate completely on your operations, this obviously generates a greater probability of profit.

Sometimes I think you guys try to optimize Forex trading too damn much

I think what helps trading the most is knowledge and experience, but if music helps one get in the right mental space it can be helpful as well.

I’m also like this. Not a fan of loud music while working.

For my babypips friends who like to listen to soothing/no lyrics songs, here’s a good playlist if you are on spotify:

1 Like

A chill jazz compilation really kicks the traders in you! Try Youtube for chill jazz and thank me later!

1 Like

yup, jazzhop, chillhop, lofi music, they’re all great to listen too while trading :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good music choice, I must say!