My journal - Greg Pawlak

After turn off couple strategies, the portfolio make better results.

This week, recover pretty good.

1 Like

This week end in loss, but I am still in profit.

Hi @ProfesorPips - Full marks to you for methodical planning and journaling.

Obviously the results are not so great, you must surely have hoped for better. What conclusions do you draw from the exercise? Has there been a stand-out winner strategy? Or loser?

Have your strategies any rules for pyramiding?

Indeed, I counted for better results, but market is market. My strategies always risk the same amount of cash, it is the easiest way to manage the portfolio on different currency pairs.

Conclusions? I have to improving my research and create better strategies, be more strictly.

Did you see any visible differences in price charts this year that would have caused the strategies’ performances to be eroded?

I made 16 different stress test on last 18 years data. Expert Advisors loose profitability in a period of time, sometimes it is a year, sometimes it is 6 months.

Why should an EA lose effectiveness?

Isn’t it more likely that an EA, which is no more effective than a random entry, cycles over a long period between very profitable and very unprofitable? But if that is the case, and an EA is not profitable for an infinite period of time, does that necessarily make that EA a bad trading approach?

Market is changing, this is main reason why EA’s loose profitability in period of time, also code error may be affecting to profitability.

it is not entirely true, you can build random EA, but profit or loss generated by this EA will be a luck.

That is why is necessary to make stress test, more stress test gives you higher probability of success EA.

There are no trading method like “build and forget”, each trading method needs to be updated from time to time, trading with EA allows you to precisely determine when to change EA for new ones due to loss of profitability.

Yes, the reality is that EA’s decay with time. Yet there is nothing to see on price charts to show that decay. It seems this tendency can’t be avoided - its a real puzzle.

1 Like

Trading result after 41 weeks.

Trading result after 42 weeks.

On the upside Greg, it seems quite possible that in 21 weeks you will be right where you were 21 weeks ago.

I have to admire your persistence.

Many strategies have been deleted because of lost profitability, besides I want to change broker, so this account will be close till end year, if strategies survive till end year :wink:

This week end profit.

One trade this week and another strategy remove from portfolio.

1 Like

one trade and second week’s end in profit

1 Like

one trade this week

2 Likes

Wow what a roller coaster!

Great journal thanks for sharing!

it is only trading ;), more importing thing is to stick with a plan, even if roller coaster exist.

1 Like