My Price Action Trading Strategy

Easier said then done, right. But isn’t that why you study the charts? To get in where you think price will get to.

Just remember to analyze your system after a series of trades. At least 30, and not just after a few loses. Don’t let the loses outweigh the wins.

Of course I speak from everyone knowing their strategy works and they were to execute it correctly each time.
If you change your parameters on how you trade from week to week or trade to trade then its hard to define your edge.

def… now finally some movement in the Indices. Powell speaks at 2:30

AUDUSD looks like nice break and retest for going short. Looking at H1 to pin point the entry and aiming for SL/TP on green lines :slight_smile:

Could be. I have support down at 0.7400. So some room there for you it looks.

Put a 10 lot on it, what’s the worse that could happen. :rofl::rofl:

Here are the charts from my trades I opened during the day.

AUDCAD

AUDCHF

AUDNZD

Wanted to post something I posted earlier in the thread. This is some backtesting I did. On 3 basic candlestick patterns at support and resistance zones. These three are a Engulfing, Pin Bar, and a 2 Bar Reversal. The types I talked about in the first post of the thread. They’re all used as reversal patterns as well. The backtesting was done using chart replay so I couldn’t see the next candlestick, so it was just like live trading.

Posting the backtesting again incase anyone new is viewing and wants a very simple way to trade and be profitable. I trade a little more aggressive now then when I backtested this but still look out for these patterns at support and resistance.

It has all the major pairs and I did a handful of minors. But the remaining pairs would work just fine as well.
I’m going to start backtesting indices using the same patterns on a 1HR chart this weekend.

PA - Backtesting - 4HR-1.xlsx (76.7 KB)

I also have a link to this post at the top now as well.

1 Like

can’t open this file up. what program did you use? and i love your work ethic bro. seems like youre always ready to learn more

1 Like

It’s just an excel file.

Always trying to learn but without cluttering up my trading plan. Sometimes too much thinking is bad as not thinking enough.

GBP took a nice hit, too fast for me to react tho lol

2 Likes

AUDUSD and NZDUSD at support right now

1 Like

I’m not trading today. Going to wait for NFP. But wish I did open a few positions.

so glad to stumble on this thread, amazing. :innocent:
Thanks so much for transparency and honest opinions, charts collaborating. just open live account to trade alg626 4hr , so cool. :grinning:

gbpusd at support ?

i have those levels too bud. i think it may come down and test 1.34. not today but tomorrow. already down like 200 pips today. prob going to bear flag soon i bet

1 Like

Yes I hate I have missed these great moves. But oh well wait for the next. Even though I’m crying a little lol.

The one day I decide to not trade.

1 Like

USDCAD working its way up to 1.25

1 Like

Be interesting to see where it goes. I might buy if it closes above and retests that SR level:

1 Like

Thanks, yea I wanted to be open as I could. Would have been nice if I found the same when I was starting. Plus it’s nice to come and be able to chat with others.

Just remember that even though we share opinions and such. Make sure you have your own trading ideas, sometimes they line up with others and sometimes they don’t. And that’s ok, have conviction in your trading and stick to your plan.

1 Like

Good spot @MattyMoney, I would take a buy as well. Looks like maybe a good setup. If it closes above resistance.

NZDUSD 4hr. Got a buy out there at this support level. Stop about 20 pips below