My Price Action Trading Strategy

New Zealand pairs

Got ya, you just meant how those pairs are moving right now.

yep, Dollar is weakkk

Had a slew of orders come in last night. Most closed a little past where I wanted to enter but still took the positions, they were close enough for it to still be a good trade.

AUDCAD

AUDUSD

EURAUD

EURJPY

EURNZD

EURUSD

GBPNZD

GBPUSD

NZDCAD

USDNOK

whoaaa. yeah all pairs against USD took off. i’ve never made orders like that, like if price reaches a point and get filled automatically. i guess u have to really trust your analysis lol. what would you say your win rate is with those kinds of trades bro?

You can look at the journal entries and even through the thread but I would say between 70-80%. But win rate doesn’t mean a thing without a good trading plan.

Yes I find it’s easier for me and the mental process to enter the market with my trading plan already outlined, sometimes I have orders placed and ready and sometimes I have alerts ready so if price does reach my anticipated entry area I can make sure I like the look of it.

I never really sit at my computer and look for a trade to enter right at that moment, unless I just stumble across a great set up but I’m not actually looking to get in. I look at how price is doing in relation to the chart and set up orders or alerts, and if they get there I enter. Reason being is because you’re much more clear and level headed not being in a trade, especially if for the moment it’s in drawdown. So I do my analysis, set up my orders, and enter if it gets there. Much more simpler train of thought and less stressful.

2 Likes

I see what you mean bud, maybe I’ll try it soon, we’ll see. Thanks for the insight :slight_smile:
I almost scalped USDCAD above the 1.23 area. not a complete reversal but a nice 20 pips it wouldve been

NZDJPY on 1hr. Still beastin. Res at 82 tho

what’s your trading setup like by the way? I use a 65" TV, a 32" monitor and a 27" monitor. eventually itll be 3 big TV’s tho lol

Oh it’s nothing special, I have a 42" TV that I use for the monitor. Maybe one day I’ll have a duel setup.

TV’s are the way to go for a trader for sure. Especially now that they have low input lag and “game mode.” the newer better TVs now have HDMI 2.1 so 4K at 120hz, smooth as hell

Two more I have opened up this afternoon.

AUDNZD

GBPJPY

nice im still watching GJ, what a savage

A couple more, not at my normal job today. Gives me a little time to trade today.

AUDJPY

NZDUSD
Small risk on this one, so opened a position.

USDZAR

we have some bearish divergence on the 4hr of GBPJPY brother, just wanted to point it out to you:

yeah im watching AUDUSD too, always have it up on my screen. .75 is Res, looking to see if it continues or gets rejected. may not happen til tonight though, we’ll see

my bad, 1hr GJ, sorry. slight bearish divergence on 4hr

Thanks, but I don’t use any indicators(nothing against them or anyone that uses them, I use to as well). Not saying it won’t make a turn south. I just don’t look at indicators. And if it’s a lost then on to the next one.

Yes we’ll see how they play out. I hate I missed that trade with AUDUSD at 0.7400, I do have a buy order above 0.7500 if it can break and close above it.

I do think sometime or another the Yen pairs have to stop climbing. But I’ll ride it til it turns lol. Maybe once China figures out what to do with their housing market.

oh u mean AUDUSD? yeah opened up at .741 on my Futures chart and hit .749 so wouldve been $800 with 1 lot… yeah the only indicators I use are the MA’s and RSI for divergence. i never liked the macd, stoch rsi, etc, most are ■■■■ imho lol

1 Like