My Price Action Trading Strategy

yeah im not sure how much longer they will keep running. i just kind of have a hard time going long on them right now, seems like theyre almost due for a correction soon

Crap, yea I changed it in my post.

i do it all the time too. i follow 3-4 different markets. 4th is crypto but not too much, crypto cracks me up lol

Yes I agree, but itā€™s much harder to know when a pair is turning then it is to go with the trend. So I ride them til proven wrong then hop on once they turn.

true true, i guess i try and be the hero too much and try to spot exactly when they turn lol

I stay away from crypto, just never been into it or comfortable with it. I assume price action and reading charts should carry over to that market but have never traded them. I do trade the US30 and starting to get into stocks, may even open another thread to discuss indices and stocks.

if you get into stocks, id learn Options. i hate those POS penny stocks lol. i only trade $TSLA, $AMD, $NVDA and $AAPL options. usually Fridays expiration. the closer the expiration, the more volatile they are. you could also trade $SPY $QQQ and US30 options too of course, volume is always high on all of those :slight_smile:

Yea FTMO has some stocks to trade which is what Iā€™ve been doing.

Their list is
AAPL
AMZN
BABA
BAC
FB
GOOG
MSFT
NFLX
NVDA
PFE
RACE
T
TSLA
V
WMT
ZM

oh ok, i didnt know they had stocks too. you sure leverage is 100x on them? on my high leverage FX broker, they only offer 20x for stocks

Yes it is. Since they are not US based they donā€™t fall under the same mandates the government requires on US citizens trading stocks(which is no CFDā€™s). I know in the US we can trade e-miniā€™s.

I usually trade between 1.0-5.0 lots on the US30. Which is for every one whole point it moves on a 1.0 lot, thatā€™s $10 a point.

nice. my overseas broker is 20x for some reason. just better to trade Options in my position lolā€¦ leverage is 200:1 for Indices. if i trade the US30 with .05 lot size, every point is $5 if it goes in my direction. costs me like $900. in US Futures, that;s the same scoring, only 1 contract is over 10K lol

USDCAD 1hr right here, Really can go either way; head down to 1.23 or come back up and retest 1.24 area. Mad I didn;t catch the bounce up, sometimes its hard to trust a falling knife lol

do you follow the Volatility Index bud? Weā€™re at 16 in Futures, usually bounces from here. Markets due for a red day soon lol. Just a heads up

No, I donā€™t use any outside indicator or look at anything but the chart.

lol, no its an Index brother, not an inverse of the SP500 completely but most of the time they are the opposite. in the stock market, its $UVXY. just was mentioning that at the level where it is now, we usually get a bounce up and markets decline

Oh as in the Dollar Index. I have heard of it. But never have traded it. Goodness, sometimes a little slow here.

yeah, an Index for the stock market. no problem bro. just wanted to let you know in case you trade US30 or SPX500 tomorrow. Indexes are crazy arenā€™t they? seemed like we were officially starting a bear market a couple of weeks ago and now weā€™re almost at all-time highs lmfao

Yea, I just take it day by day. I only trade the US30. Was trying to trade the others but just became too much for me to look at. Maybe once Iā€™m full time trading for a living.

yeah i know, thereā€™s so much to watch. its tiring by the end of the day lolā€¦ when do you plan on trading full time?

Well I was hoping by early next year. But looks like itā€™ll be closer to spring/summer time.