NNFX no nonsense forex

Hey @QuadPip, It’s a pretty comprehensive series of episodes for an FX YouTube Channel which covers a lot of Forex, Markets, Brokers, Strategies and ideas… a wide range of material.

There was some Gems amongst the tailings… the link to broker Blueberry Markets was a revelation… using price to cross an MA as an entry / exit was a valuable bit of information to those frustrated trying to trade MA Crosses… (effectively say… 1 x 200), there was a quite a few pieces of gold and glitter revealed across the 12 month series saga…

Yes, agree… I know he went on a about spoon feeding in a number of episodes… but if you are going to tell everyone (methodically) that you are putting out the best FX information channel on social media you would think the video graphics and material links would be more substantial… appeared more like a Podcast that had a screenplay added after the fact…

Yes… very interesting correlation… I wasn’t around when Michael? had this concept demonstrated across forums and social media… and I have virtually no knowledge of the ensuing fallout with what appears to be so many… similar situation to TRO (The Rumpled One) who also appears to have upset forum communities back in the day.

@Clemmo, published a comprehensive (quality) analysis of the NNFX Education Series here on BP 12 months or so ago… He agrees with your assertion (as I) that the Channel was a ($) traffic inspired exercise with over 75k Subs (as of May 2019) Edit: Found the Thread

I’ll admit I didn’t view all his content over the journey but would suggest if you are researching or contemplating a trading strategy that you do a search of his channel for the corresponding idea, Indicator or just information on a wide range of things Forex… Hope this is of help… StaySafe All.

2 Likes

Back when VP did the videos he wanted you to backtest the indicators yourself as this is where the hard work is.
But since that time, all his followers have found and backtested most of the indicators and have found the best ones, you can find these on the NNFX discord.

Theres another guy called “No Nonsense Trader” if you go onto his webpage he has a zip file of the “Top 100 Indicators” he also has his own algo of indicators that you can download that he has backtested so you dont really have to.

Once you have your own (or someone elses😉) algo, the system is really easy , only takes you 20 mins a day to enter or exit your trades.

The most work you have to do is work out your MM.
But even at that there is an EA called “NNFX Trade Assistant 5.0” which opens your positions at your set risk percentage, splits into two trades, sets your SL and TP. Once your first TP is hit, the EA automatically moves your SL to breakeven. So all you have to do is check the indicators align and click Buy/Sell on the EA, simple.

If you look on the official NNFX facebook page, there are a lot of profitable traders and prop traders that use this system.

VP mentions the ICT thing on one of his podcasts. He says he only used to follow him when he started trading. But not any more.

You really need to watch every video and listen to every podcast to understand.

6 Likes

They really do

Who cares if he tried to generate traffic.

I mean you don’t expect him to just do all that work for nothing man

He really changed my life and the life of some other people I know

I actually wish I could give him some money man his approach is priceless.
And how would he just give out his algo just like that. Work and find yours or check online for other people and backrest it,he pointed you in the right direction the rest is up to you

1 Like

I pretty much agree with this.

I mean you have to put work in no matter what style of trading you do. If the content in this forum teaches you to become a successfull price action trader, that means that you are still having to spend a lot of work analysing charts and looking for set-ups, testing your mental game etc.

NNFX pretty much cancels all that out.

Send me the money mate!..I will make sure he gets it :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

@Abina, Welcome to the forums… Easy there Cowboy… My post wasn’t a criticism of his work…

Just a critique as seen from my perspective… I have even suggested that traders seeking ideas or researching strategies go across to his YouTube channel (which I linked) and utilise his content.

So, any of us here in the Babypips Forums that have contributed many years of Strategies, Links and Trading information should in fact be seeking financial reward for helping new traders find their way???

I’m not actively researching a trading strategy but I like to peruse fx related information to see what others are doing, in the event that I pick up useful information here and there.

Yesterday, I spent most of the day reading Clemmo’s notes on NNFX (thanks for the link) and going through NNFX’s videos, especially those uploaded within the last year. I would say that Clemmo was very kind in his analysis of NNFX and I commend him for going through the series. I would have aborted the effort in sheer boredom after the first few videos.

I started to write my comments as I watched VP’s videos and I realized that I had nothing good to say; not one sentence! So, all I’ll say is that IMO, an erstwhile trader will do himself/herself a favor by completely ignoring NNFX. NNFX is a total and criminal waste of time at best and, in the worst case, will lead you down the wrong path.

1 Like

@QuadPip

Out of interest, what makes you think its “a criminal waste of time”?

@Paulscaff1 please see my post above. I really don’t wish to waste any more of my time discussing NNFX’s nonsensical ramblings.

Some people like NNFX and that’s perfectly fine. To each their own. Chocolate and vanilla … :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did read your post mate, and read it again… but still cant see your reasoning. And by your reaction you seem quite upset about VP/NNFX. Would be really good to have a healthy debate about the subject… surely thats what these forums are for?

Also surely you can only correctly judge the system when you have tried it for yourself?

1 Like

What system would that be? Can you articulate it? VP certainly has not outlined it.

Debating about what I consider to be nonsense is not my thing. Sorry! My time is too precious for that. I would rather spend it on more constructive endeavors.

No, I’m mad at myself for having wasted an entire day on drivel.

Consider Clemmo’s notes. I agree with 95% of what he said. I don’t have much more to add to that. At least, nothing good to add.

1 Like

By system i mean his method of trading, which he has outlined in his videos and podcasts. How I would describe it simply is:

A trend following system that uses a series of carefully selected indicators to trigger the entry and exit of trades on the daily timeframe.

So VP has outlined it, and for me to understand then it must be simple :joy:
How did you articulate it?

I did have a flick through his notes, but they are his notes and opinions. Looks like you have spent more time reading someone elses notes on the subject and not the subject itself. If Clemmo told you to put your head in a meat grinder, would you do it without considering the dangers yourself?

Even at that Clemmo didnt even use the system/trading method so you are reading the notes of someone elses “subjective” opinion.

Ok I get you dont have anything good to add, so what bad points can you add?

Thanks

LOL. Now I know why you like NNFX. I’ll leave you to it. Good luck with “the system”.

1 Like

Thanks for your encouragement :joy:

1 Like

@QuadPip, @Paulscaff1, @Abina, There is no need to argue over the NNFX Series… Trading… like Beauty is in the eye of the beholder… We all have independent thoughts, strategies and ideas of how to make money out of these markets…

For experienced traders, most of the NNFX Series was a bit simplistic… For prospective Traders just looking at FX and trying to work out if it is worth the investment of time and funds… and newer existing traders looking for guidance on various strategies it was a comprehensive series and covered a lot of ground most other trading series pass over…

I’m sure we all have a few set strategies that we trade week in week out… I also research other concepts on a weekly basis… (Quest for the Grail, lets say). I code a lot of my own Bots and Indicators… so I sift through maybe 100 - 300 YouTube vids a week looking for ideas, strategies, parts of strategies… even the smallest tweaks to improve existing code… hence my interest in VP’s series across the 12 months.

Just my 2 cents. FWIW… StaySafe All.

2 Likes

@Trendswithbenefits

Tbh i was just looking for a debate not an argument to try and dissect the good and bad points constructively.

I can understand when people agree or disagree with a method because they have tried it for themselves, which gives a usefull conclusion.

Take for example if I said “Price Action” was “Nonsensical Dribble” surely you would want to know how and why I came to this conclusion? (I dont think it is btw, just an example)

I just thought it was a bit wierd that someone gets emotional about NNFX when they havent even it.

I mean you gotta admit thats a bit wierd :rofl: its like theres a hidden resentment thats made worse by the fact that no reasoning has been given.

Im trying out a few different methods, see what works for me, and what doesnt.

I wouldnt like to see people put off trying something without any constructive reasoning and Im pretty sure niether would anyone else.

Anyway this thread is about NNFX which to me means its up for debate :wink:

1 Like

when i saw a few of his videos his gimmicky style of leaving out vital information and his long winded presentations i felt suspension .His system maybe profitable and appeal to the novice wanting to make short cuts to success. Though i believe less “sophisticated” strategies are also profitable with the right mindset.

Never heard of it but if you find value in it don’t let someone else discourage you. If you follow along and you feel the strategy is profitable and whatever they’re teaching works for you who are we to complain or criticize. At the end of the day as long as you got something out of it and you came out with some piece of knowledge it’s A-OK in my book.

For me personally I learned via babypips and reading books and so forth and so on and never relied on anyone else because I was creating my own strategy from my own views of the market. I’ve met tons of people who required a mentor or some sort of “paid” service to get them to the next level. I’d say just be wary about what and who you’re paying. Not those 3k courses that teach you the most simplistic crap.

At the end of the day we just have to make our own decisions from a logical standpoint and leave emotions out of it.

1 Like

Hi @greenscorpio

I believe this is the whole point in the NNFX method, VP doesnt want to sit in front of a screen all day, he says you trade for 20 mins per day, then you have the rest of the day to do what you want .

I agree the way he talks may grate on people, not me personally because I dont really care about all that, but I do understand as we all have different personalities.

Me personally im trying it out on demo on a seperate account, only takes 15-20 mins a day. But most of my time is spent learning conventional trading, because tbh I enjoy reading and watching the charts. But doesnt really hurt to spend 20 mins a day on NNFX and see how profitable it is over a year.

1 Like

@Paulscaff1 for a lot of questions that you have asked me, the answers are in my posts in this thread. You just don’t bother to read them carefully.

You still have not articulated the strategy! “Become a trend trader” is the distilled message from NNFX; and really the only message. So, if you believe that you’ve understood his strategy, then tell me the strategy. How do you identify a trend? Once identified, where will you enter? Where will you exit? Where will you place your SL? Does VP lay this out for you? If so, I missed it. Perhaps, you are more astute than I am and garnered the rules of the strategy from VP’s videos. So spell it out for us lesser mortals, will ya?

Then you make illogical statements like …

Clemmo has not “told” me to do anything. I don’t know Clemmo. The first I heard about him is when Trends mentioned him. He merely provided his analysis on NNFX, and a very good one at that. Is that not enough for you? It gets tedious to point out illogical arguments and becomes a chore to put forth any reasoned thought to someone who has no reasoning ability.

It seems like you’re looking to prove me wrong about NNFX or get into an argument but you have not provided any information or evidence to back up your love for NNFX. Well, here’s your chance. Do it! The onus is on you!

1 Like