Political Opinion

There is no need for violence to disagree with the lifestyle, people need to raise their families according to their moral values and stop relying on the outside world to raise their children.

Anti-LGBTQ sentiment in Colorado Springs had some in the community anticipating tragedy

Yes true, but Elon is a nutjob :grinning:

1 Like

The motive for mass shootings (that occur in public locations) is usually deep disgruntled individuals who are seeking revenge for failures in school, career, romance, or life in general, or who seek fame and attention. Some shootings have been motivated by racial prejudice…

Virginia police: Multiple people killed in Walmart shooting

Officers responded to a report of a shooting at the Walmart on Sam’s Circle around 10:15 p.m. and as soon as they arrived they found evidence of a shooting, Chesapeake Officer Leo Kosinski said in a briefing.

Over 35 to 40 minutes, officers found multiple dead people and injured people in the store and put rescue and tactical teams together to go inside to tend to victims, he said.

Police believe there was one shooter, who is dead, he said. They believe that the shooting had stopped when police arrived, Kosinski said. He did not have a number of dead, but said it was “less than 10, right now.”

1 Like

This is who they are and what they do

Tucker Guest: Expect More Attacks Like Club Q ‘Until We End This Evil Agenda’

The shooting at an LGBTQ nightclub in Colorado Springs over the weekend that left five dead and more than two dozen injured was “predictable” and won’t be the last of its kind, said a guest on Tucker Carlson’s Fox News show Tuesday night.

“And sadly, I don’t think it’s going to stop until we end this evil agenda that is attacking children,” she told Carlson, who on Monday claimed that drag performers were “sexualizing” children. (Club Q was hosting a drag show when the shooting occurred.

Carlson, who regularly criticizes transgender people and attacks those who report on how his comments tie in to extremism, agreed. “I think you’re exactly right,” he said. “I think it’s obvious.”

Gun laws need to change, US is the number one country where shootings take place at schools and this I’m sure is not giving a good impression to others who are looking to study in the US, and even the natives feel petrified thinking whether they would return home after attending the school or land up in a cold freezer of a stinky morgue.

1 Like

On a lighter note,

I went out for my morning walk, and was under orders to bring back a news paper with the black friday ads, I stopped at the Circle K on the way home picked up the local paper with ads, first off the paper was about 1/3rd the weight of papers I remember from the past, but the killer was the cost, $5.35, I know it has been a few years since I last bought a print news paper but 5.35, no wonder the print news paper industry is dying

Happy Thanksgiving everyone , yours will be happier than mine if you skip buying a news paper today

2 Likes

The U.S. is becoming a shthole country

1 Like

Exactly what laws would you change, I have yet to see a law that can for tell if someone is likely to commit murder. And even if you could magically keep guns out of the hands of these people, what’s to stop them from renting a large truck and driving into a crowd of people. If someone wants to kill a bunch of people there are many ways other than guns. The real question is why are they doing this, why are schools so often the target. There is something going on here and it runs much deeper then the tool they choice to carry out these horrific acts of evil .

Here is one easy solutions

Stop making these shooters into celebrities, we see these shootings happen in waves, so there clearly is a copy cat element here, Stop giving them the national attention they want

Happy Thanksgiving

3 Likes

A gun control law would be difficult to enact for people like this.

The motive for mass shootings (that occur in public locations) is usually deep disgruntled individuals who are seeking revenge for failures in school, career, romance, or life in general, or who seek fame and attention. Some shootings have been motivated by racial prejudice…

As somebody who lives in a country (Australia) that effectively (and peacefully) removed guns, and the culture from it’s society over 35 years ago. I believe it is impossible for Americans to critically debate gun culture that permeates their way of life.

The world today is a highly stressful struggle for some. If Australia had the same gun laws as we see in the US, we too would have a much higher body count every year from mass shootings, gun related crime and accidental discharges.

Guns don’t kill people, people kill people…

After the atrocious Government behaviour during the Pandemic lockdowns of 2020-2021, I do understand why the right to bare arms is solidified by the US constitution. But the problem in the US today is akin to an arms race where by the shear number of weapons in circulation cannot successfully be removed.

I cannot say whether it’s right or wrong, as an Australian and probably those based in the UK will agree, most of us don’t comprehend the deep seated right to bare arms.

People using this forum that have lived in societies with pro gun culture and anti gun culture need to way in to this conversation and give their views from both sides of this debate.

2 Likes

It is true that Europe and the majority of other countries do not have a deep seated right to bare arms. It was incorporated into the constitution and exploited for gun sales

The purpose of gun lobbyists here in the United States is not to protect your right to bear arms but rather to sell different types of guns and ammunition with limited restrictions.

There is no agenda that can’t be brought and paid for in America, if you didn’t know that.

2 Likes

They are going about it the wrong way, this way only sparks violence, it does not stop the gay agenda, it does not stop what you read, hear, and see, from movies, TV shows, cartoons, radio, social media, and publications, and the like, rather it creates unity against this anti-movement.

We are past the point of going back to the old ways. Many agendas are driven by what you see, hear, and read, and do not need laws, beyond government control.

Right-wing influencers and media double down on anti-LGBTQ rhetoric in the wake of the Colorado shooting

Some right-wing media figures and influencers have doubled down on the use of inflammatory rhetoric against the LGBTQ community in the wake of Saturday night’s shooting at a Colorado gay club that killed five.

On Monday evening, Fox News host Tucker Carlson condemned the shooting, focusing on the suspect’s reported history of making a bomb threat in 2021. Three minutes into his nearly 15-minute monologue, however, Carlson’s show displayed a graphic reading “STOP SEXUALIZING KIDS.” On Tuesday evening, Carlson hosted a guest who said shootings would continue to happen “until we end this evil agenda that is attacking children.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wing-influencers-media-double-down-145729529.html

The gun debate in the US is very similar to the abortion debate, you have the extremes from both sides controlling the debate, I am sure there are some good solutions somewhere in the middle but like abortion, everyone is dug in and will not give an inch.

1 Like

I’m sure a good many of us reflected on your decision to give up your rights to possess guns so easily - when confronted with that evidence of sheer physical abuse of citizens by those in “power” - tell me did they take away your ability to protect yourselves before they made it illegal to boil a gallon of beer - or to grow your own tobacco, or did those abuses of your freedoms come afterwards ?

1 Like

The only ones who ever are told to “compromise” - are those who prefer the traditional situation - the Lefties - will never compromise properly - they will take your compromise and come back a few months later demanding that you “compromise” again - suddenly you realise they have entirely eroded your position.

Those who refuse to “Give ground” on these issues are entirely correct !

1 Like

As a boy in the uk - we alwayas had a shotgun standing in the corner of the kitchen - not loaded - but there were always 4 cartridges rattling about in “the kitchen drawer” - my mum often used to bag a couple of pigeons or a pheasant which strayed into the garden ! :smiley:

Good wholesome food - from before “Ancell Keys” and his High Carb indoctrination of our Governments!

Surely you Aussies used to nail a few rabbits or a Kangaroo in those days too ?

2 Likes

1996 was halcyon times when Governments were still trusted… Australia had a Gun Amesty, so all weapons, unregistered, unlicensed could be handed in without prosecution. Over 650k Firearms were handed in or bought back by the Liberal (Right Leaning) Government of the day.

Ouch! @Falstaff I believe brewing one’s own Beer has never been illegal in the land of drought and flooding rains…A spirit making still… They might have a word in your ear…

Growing Tobacco, Chop Chop will definitely get you a tussle with law enforcement… The real issue… If you are caught selling it in largeish quantities, hell hath no fury like the Taxman missing out on his share.

Penalties for manufacturing or producing illicit tobacco include: criminal penalty – this is a criminal conviction with a prison sentence of up to 10 years or at least a $333,000 fine or both .

Licensed Tabacco hasn’t been grown in Australia since 2006…

As a kid (late 70’s), Dad always had .22 shells and Shotgun Cartridges hidden in the Pantry… We had an Air Rifle… Which a laughing Kangaroo was more likely to rip from your arms and Rifle Butt you with…

2 Likes

There are some people who say that UK abortion laws are good

Abortion laws in England

Under the 1967 Abortion Act, women can have an abortion up to 24 weeks after approval from two doctors who “must agree having the baby would pose a greater risk to the physical or mental health of the woman than a termination,” per BBC. According to the British Pregnancy Advisory Service (BPAS), an abortion can legally be carried out if there is a “substantial risk” to the baby if it were to “suffer from physical or mental abnormalities.” It is also legal to terminate a pregnancy because of social or financial circumstances.

Abortions can be carried out after 24 weeks, but only if a woman’s life is in danger or if they are "at risk of grave physical and mental injury,” as well as a "severe foetal abnormality,” as reported by BBC. Abortion is available under the NHS in England, Scotland, and Wales. However, women living in Scotland and Wales may face limited services.

Despite women being allowed abortion access in England, Scotland, and Wales, it’s still a criminal offence for one to self-induce a pregnancy termination. Under the 1861 Offences Against the Person Act (OAPA), a woman can be charged a maximum life sentence if termination is self-induced by “procuring abortion medication and inducing an abortion by any means,” according to Novara Media.

Look like abortion is only a major issue in america

Abortion in Australia

Abortion in Australia is legal. It has been fully decriminalised in all jurisdictions, starting with Western Australia in 1998 and lastly in South Australia in 2022.

Since at least the 1980s, opinion polls have shown a majority of Australians support abortion rights, and that support for abortion is increasing. While anti-abortion violence is rare in Australia, anti-abortion activists have used tactics including “verbal abuse, threats and impeding entry” outside abortion clinics.[1] In response, all jurisdictions have enacted laws prohibiting protesters from harassing visitors and staff within a certain radius of abortion clinics, starting with Tasmania in 2013 and lastly with Western Australia in 2021.

Man does it to himself and then blames others for his stupid behavior…

White Supremacist Nick Fuentes Spills About Mar-A-Lago Dinner With Trump

Notorious white supremacist and Holocaust denying right-wing political extremist Nick Fuentes weighed in on his shocking Mar-a-Lago dinner with his “hero” Donald Trump, a man he said he “loves.”

“We had a very interesting dinner, which I’m sure you’ve all read about,” Fuentes said Friday on his podcast about the get-together Tuesday with his pal Ye, the rapper formerly known as Kanye West, and Trump.

Fuentes’ podcast was introduced on YouTube by Ye, whose antisemitic messages were blocked on Twitter earlier this year.

“I have to say about the events of the last week, I’m a little bit embarrassed in a certain sense because, you know, this has become a little bit of a scandal for President Trump,” Fuentes said.

Fuentes said he told Trump at the dinner: “Mr. President, you are one of the greatest Americans that has ever lived … I love you. I supported you all these years.”

Trump blames Kanye West for bringing Nick Fuentes as dinner guest