Political Opinion

no, they never do

Other countries, especially in Europe should pay more if they aren’t already. Ukraine and Western allies have made it impossible for Russia to launch another attack on a neighbor, and those neighbors now know the Russian Army’s strength (or lack of its depth).

1 Like

These terms are unacceptable to Zelensky

In an interview with Reuters on Monday, Peskov said Moscow could “end war immediately” if Ukraine agreed to sign a neutrality agreement that would bar it from entering NATO, recognized Crimea as Russian, recognized the regions of Luhansk and Donetsk as independent, and ceased all military action.

He told the news wire that negotiators on Ukraine’s side “were told that all this can be stopped in a moment.”

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-ukraine-invasion-end-ukraine-war-four-conditions-1685492#:~:text=In%20an%20interview%20with%20Reuters%20on%20Monday%2C%20Peskov,Donetsk%20as%20independent%2C%20and%20ceased%20all%20military%20action.

The situation with Twitter surprises me. I had hoped it would be a mainstream platform for right-wing voices.

Analysis: Twitter’s ‘massive’ revenue drop adds to heavy debt burden

Musk tweeted on Friday that Twitter was losing more than $4 million a day, largely because advertisers started fleeing once he took over. He has blamed civil rights activists pressuring advertisers, though many in the advertising industry say his tweets spreading conspiracy theories have contributed.

1 Like

Now we have this nutcase, they don’t get better, they get worse, taking after their former king.

Teen Romanced by George Santos: He Lied to Me, Too

A man who was 18 years old when he began dating and then moved in with George Santos—while the future congressman was married to a woman—says he was lied to, too.

The Daily Beast uncovered that the New York Republican, who often remarked that he is openly gay on the campaign trail, officially ended a secret seven-year marriage to a woman in 2019.

But Santos’ outrageously false remarks about being “Jew-ish,” working for Goldman Sachs, and owning 18 properties are the least of his headaches.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/teen-romanced-george-santos-lied-121535825.html

UK imported 4% of it’s gas usage from Russia in 2021

Nord Stream piped gas from Russia to Germany - not profitable when sabotaged largely because it was unused due to sanctions.

Legislation in UK Parliament was passed in 2022 banning all gas imports from Russia - effective from yesterday.

In 2021 the US was third largest supplier of gas to UK after Norway and Qatar - in 2022 LNG from US increased to account for 42% of imported gas by Oct of that year.

UK gas storage facilities are relatively low - regular ship deliveries have stabilized supply & prices - the majority of homes in UK rely on gas for heating.

Western Europe is moving on from Russia’s energy supply, and Russia’s future looks bleak.

If Putin saves face, it will be the last nail in the coffin of postwar order Polish Ambassador to UN

Because if that happened, it would pave the way to repeating the decisions made after World War II: depriving Russia of the instruments that allow it to play the role of a global superpower (including at the UN); handing over war criminals in uniform and in suits, including Putin, to the international court; paying war reparations, and other similar measures."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/putin-saves-face-last-nail-122950137.html

1 Like

“Britain was not reliant on large quantities of Russian gas before the invasion of Ukraine but has been exposed to the huge rises in prices as European neighbours competed for other supplies as they rushed to fill up storage facilities
”

6 Dec 2022- Data from ship-tracking service ICIS LNG Edge showed the in 2021 the UK imported 3.9bcm of American LNG, 26% of the UK’s total LNG imports. Over the 12 months to October 2022, the UK imported 9.7bcm of American LNG, 42% of total imports.

Of course shipments of LNG from the US had to increase, LNG coming in from the Middle East and Scandinavia was in hot demand and just too expensive for the UK to continue importing.

As of December 7th, ongoing supply was made concrete by a signed agreement with the US.

As usual folks
 Nothing but facts & figures confirmed by real world data

2 Likes

Thanks for this very good data. Boosting the American economy is a good thing. you are appreciated.

1 Like

Wonder how many people will change their tune after hearing this

Trump says ‘abortion issue’ is why Republicans underperformed in the 2022 midterms

In one of his first social-media posts of 2023, former President Donald Trump deflected criticism for Republican Party losses in the 2022 midterm elections pinning the blame on its handling of abortion rights.

"It wasn’t my fault that the Republicans didn’t live up to expectations in the MidTerms," Trump wrote on his Truth Social platform. "It was the “abortion issue,” poorly handled by many Republicans, especially those that firmly insisted on No Exceptions, even in the case of Rape, Incest, or Life of the Mother, that lost large numbers of Voters."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-abortion-issue-why-133037921.html

A mention in the Independent an hour ago this morning - analysis on UK economic future 2023 - fairly bleak prognosis from the intergovernmental Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
One of the factors weighing:
While the UK was not alone in facing the recession, the economists warned that Britain faced unique issues. Firstly, because the UK is unusually exposed to the global surge in energy prices and interest rates — with a reliance on gas that is not matched by storage capacity.

Seems that the UK are prudent in seeking an increase in gas imports from the US for year 2023 - kudos to the current PM.

I’m all for this. Investigate away. If they find dirt, illegal behavior, impeach, imprison, whatever the law says.

But even if that happens, it doesn’t excuse any of Trump’s documented misgivings. I’ve been consistent that I don’t like Trump, even pre-presidency. I’ve never waivered from that opinion.

You’ve never waivered from your opinion of Biden. We’re the same in that respect. However, I’d happily see Biden be replaced, not run for reelection, or go to jail if he did illegal things. Would you say the same about Trump?

What are your thoughts about Trump Org in NY being found guilty of tax fraud? Do you really think Trump had literally zero input on how the business was run? The most highly respected real estate messiah ever to live (self-professed), The Art of the Deal author, left the CFO to run the business all alone?

Happy New Year to you and your family.

1 Like

Wouldn’t this be seen as normal, given Germany’s new position on LNG fueling it’s economy moving forward, which means it will take an even more increasing percentage of supply (nat gas or LNG) from the global supply, affecting all other buyers, especially those

Nord Stream 2 cuts off 55Bcm of Russian gas to Europe. Sanctions against Russian cut 155 Bcm of exported gas to EU in 2021.

That supply has to come from somewhere.

1 Like

My thoughts are, I don’t give a f-cken damn about the former Presidents business dealings, and why should I, as they have absolutely zero effect on my life. Right now I am dealing with my health insurance premiums doubling, and I can’t have eggs for breakfast as the Walmart here was completely out of eggs. These are the real life issues that are effecting Americans all across our country. Now on the other side of the coin our current president clearly has shady business dealings with Ukraine, a country that is receiving tens of billions in military aid, this and other actions by this current president is having a negative effect on every American as hyper inflation is destroying our savings and lowering our standard of living.

Those are my thoughts

Happy New Year to you and your family as well, take care

1 Like

Maybe we should act and behave like they did when their leader was in office, he could do no wrong even when the evidence showed otherwise, funny how their minds now see illegal or dishonest behavior now that Biden is in office, These people are weird.

Now, We Americans should never encourage bad behavior, and if bad behavior turns into something illegal, they should be dealt with by the law, Regardless of who you are

Several years ago, the stage was set, now it will be followed by the rest.

When known evidence of dishonest behavior is acceptable and you are able to keep your job, how far has the country fallen?

Santos charging to attend swearing-in

After a New York Times article called into question much of his résumé, Santos admitted last week that he lied about his educational and professional background on the campaign trail.

Despite claiming to have graduated from Baruch College and worked for Goldman Sachs and Citigroup, Santos told the New York Post in an interview that he did not graduate from any college or university and never worked directly for the two firms.

Santos also made misleading statements about his heritage, previously claiming he was Jewish and that his grandparents fled Nazi persecution in Europe during World War II. He later walked back these claims when speaking with the Post.

“I never claimed to be Jewish,” Santos said. “I am Catholic. Because I learned my maternal family had a Jewish background I said I was ‘Jew-ish.’”

“George Santos, who never misses an opportunity to violate Congressional Ethics, is charging people for touring the US Capitol and attending his Congressional swearing-in,” he said. “Is the US Capitol one of the 13 properties in the imaginary Santos real estate empire?”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/santos-charging-attend-swearing-reports-012544732.html

EDIT: Perhaps it’s time to open this can up all the way in Washington due to the amount of dishonest behavior we see there.

Lying Republican George Santos destroyed BY FOX HOST to his face ON AIR

Dennis - I figure you for an Independent?

I was Chairman of an Independent organisation back in the “troubles” in N. Ireland - our focus was far removed from blame laying.

In US politics during the peace process in NI there was an architect of independence - viewed as a Dem in your country and as a referee over here - a face of independence:

Not a coincidence that the peace agreement was reached on a Good Friday:

George J. Mitchell - Wikipedia

1 Like

Mate - this situation is plain stupid !

WE (UK) are floating on a huge gas bubble in a sea of oil in a countrty composed largely of coal ! - but because of the stupidity of the Politicians in “believing” the “CO2 = Global warming|” garbage - we do not burn our own, but pay other countries to sell us theirs ! - simply so “They” (our dumbass politicians") can claim “progress towards Nett Zero” - JEEZ ! - what a shower of stupidity !

3 Likes

ONE Minute and 15 seconds ! :rofl:

1 Like

As a general rule, chaos usually ends in chaos, The GOP will need to get its act together if they want to avoid chaos in the future.

GOP leader Kevin McCarthy elected House speaker in rowdy post-midnight vote

Republican Kevin McCarthy was elected House speaker on a historic post-midnight 15th ballot early Saturday, overcoming holdouts from his own ranks and floor tensions boiling over after a chaotic week that tested the new GOP majority’s ability to govern.

Jeffries thanks Pelosi before handing gavel to McCarthy

Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries delivers a speech on the House floor, thanking former Speaker Pelosi for her work, before handing the gavel to the newly elected Speaker Kevin McCarthy.

Let us not become weary in doing good , because at the proper time we will reap, if we do not give up.

We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.

-Hakeem Jeffries