Political Opinion

COVID wise 11-20 new cases a day, 3-7 deaths per day… So, good when compared to the rest of the world. Like NZ we have been saved by our distance and isolation from the world at large…

We are still locked down tighter than a drum which has decimated Melbourne’s economy… They are estimating on the Sept 28th when Government business assistance ends, around 60% of small businesses will file for bankruptcy… The huge Westfield Shopping Centre near me is empty… a ghost town… Shops and signage gone, mannequins laying all over the place… The roads are empty of traffic… even public transport drivers are saying it’s like driving at midnight… I’m afraid we have had it for a long, long time…

And the Victorian Government is trying to bring in legislation, the likes never seen on this continent…

1 Like

Stop trying to redifine perfecty adequate words in the English Language -

A fit and proper definition is as follows ;

Racism is defined as: prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race or colour !

In this the proper definition - Prejudices against white people which is completely evident in all the BLM activities and in the books which are being stuffed down our children’s throats ARE completely Racist !

1 Like

Hell - that equates to 30% mortality - if the “New cases” is similar to what it was a few weeks ago ! - Something is wrong with those figures - OR with the way the “deaths” due to the Chinese Bat-Flu are defined !

2 Likes

Depends what you mean by getting on top…

Until a vaccine or cure is developed, I think we’re condemned to see the most vulnerable groups in society self-shielding and suffering a raised mortality rate for the rest of their lives. This will be largely invisible except to these groups and their families/friends, in just the same way that AIDS dropped from view following the initial shock and public health campaigns.

Politically, I give Boris Johnson until December to have regained (gained?) the appearance of being in control. Government covid restrictions on Christmas activities will be widely ignored and his credibility will be shot. In which case, expect the Conservative MP’s to start manoeuvring towards getting him to resign early in the new year.

1 Like

Sorry @Falstaff, I’ll corroborate, overall we have 908 active cases in Victoria of which 3-7 per day are dying (all in aged care, all over 70, most with existing health issues). between 11 - 30 new cases each day… with a 14 day average of 32 new cases per day… Hardly large numbers… When compared to the rest of the world.

Australia wide (Pop 26mil)… only 100 recovering in Hospital with 11 in ICU and 5 on Ventilators…

More of the elderly are dying from undiagnosed cancers, heart conditions, diabetes, respiratory failures even suicides, yet we are still in a stage 4 lockdown… it’s insane…

2 Likes

What is happening in the land down under should be a lesson to Americans of what life will be like if we give up our gun rights, Stand tall America or you will be on your knees like the left and most of Australia

3 Likes

and where is the “C’mon” I told you what he said and you agreed he said it, Now how Mr. Freeman follows through on his own words is on him,

From what I know of Mr. Freeman he will use his platform as a means to bridge any racial divide with a goal of bringing people together, something I fully support

1 Like

I suppose he had some time to do that since he gave the interview in 2005 :slight_smile:

and the guy still looks the same, he never ages

Aha - there’s a secret - know that song - don’t you worry 'bout a thing, cos every little thing is going to be alright.

1 Like

For all our commie comrades who blame capitalism for the proliferation of racism and xenophobia …

2 Likes

Reports that UK PM Johnson to advise working from home if possible and other measures for the next 6 months!
How bad is it in England?

why does the US, with 4% of the world’s population, have over 20% of the covid deaths?

1 Like

It now seems the government were a little hasty and casual with re-opening the pubs and offering discounted restaurant meals in August…

You ask the same question in multiple threads.

I have already responded here …

1 Like

I repeated the question here as I thought I might get a sensible answer

And you did! Surprise!!! :joy:

1 Like

Thats a matter of opinion. I very much doubt anything you come out with would be a surprise

Oh! You mean you wanted a “sane” response along these lines?

2 Likes

why not ask why is China with 15% of the world population and the country of origin of the virus report a percentage of deaths lower then every other country in the world. You would ask that question if your focus was not on spreading hate of the US and our President,

an answer to your question is that in the US anyone who does with the virus in their system is counted as a virus death even it had nothing to do with them dying. It is a bad system and I have called them out on it

3 Likes