Political Opinion

Hi John.

Saw this on BBC website this morning

"After months of avoiding the surge in cases seen by its neighbours, Thailand has been hit by its worst Covid-19 outbreak yet.

Tens of thousands of people are being tested after hundreds of cases linked to its biggest seafood market.

It has locked down Samut Sakhon, the coastal province near the capital Bangkok, home to the market which employs mostly migrant workers from neighbouring Myanmar.

Workers have been ordered to stay home.

Thailand was the first country outside China to register cases of Covid-19. But it has recorded a relatively low virus caseload since, with just over 4,000 cases and 60 deaths before this latest outbreak."

Does this impact yourself at all?

1 Like

@CarlosRay

As of yet no.

Thais are usually pretty good wearing masks and following orders which might explain the low number of cases.

Also the warmer weather helps - however in the north where I am it’s colder now.

Also Thais prefer to wai rather than shake hands - another potential reason cases have been low maybe.

When an outbreak does occur they do however go into full panic mode and everyone becomes paranoid

So far I think this latest outbreak has been confined to a small area of Bangkok and was brought in by migrants working in the seafood industry.

Generally speaking though we never experienced the full lock downs as in the west. Thank God.

I was actually scheduled to go back the UK when the outbreak began - my flight was cancelled and months later I’m still here.

Lol

However you might want to ask @steve369 how things are - he also lives in Chiang Mai and last I spoke to him he was worried he had Covid 19!!!

1 Like

////////////// ULTRAMEGAGIGA ALERTE/////////////

there is rumors ongoing about the death of the nurse who took the vaccine in front of the journalist (she fall asleep just 5 minutes after(video here : Une infirmière s'évanoui après avoir reçu le vaccin pfizer - YouTube)

rumors ongoing on 18-25 of jeuxvideo.com (must take it seriously they are always the first in giving the news for several terrorist attacks, warren buffet shorting spx, etc)

https://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/42-51-65217051-1-0-1-0-le-topic-sur-l-infirmiere-qui-est-morte-apres-le-vaccin.htm

use automatic traduction of google chrome/edge explorer

this must explain the reaction of today with SPX falling 3% without noone shorting it, fed must have take out some of their position in advance of the news releasing in order to not loose to much money

Please don’t spread stuff like this, it benefits no-one
This occurred 4 days ago. The nurse fainted and later recovered. That’s all.

2 Likes

do you have source?

yes it benefit to traders, and it is benefit for debate concerning the vaccine of covid

does there is a real source attesting that the nurse is well? she’s been not posting on social medias since 6 days. and we found his name on the death register of the region

dont speak for the others personns, speak for you first because I dont think you are the representant of anyone on here, thats the first thing. the second thing is : you cant prohibit to people to ask questions so if you dont want to see this dont look at it but let people live their lives thank you.

yes i agree with you on one thing. this is not a mainstream media source, this is an alternative source with rumors on it. I just share it because I found this interesting

1 Like

Who - Calls “Our Charlie” and Sad Khan - (Dreadful Mayor of London) - “Experts” !

I was a great believer in our Monarchy (I’k a Brit) - But in view of the actions and attitude of All her male descendents except Prince William, I now take the position that the monarchy should End with the death of Her Majesty !

This Great Reset thing is going to be the next great terror we are inflicted with and I think it needs it’s own thread

It now has one

@Falstaff
The situation is scary. everyday Im almost crying.
not only about being scared about COVID and also the vaccine , but also about the injustice and decadence growing over our countries
this isnt sustainable anymore. injustice is everywhere : criminals who murder and rape make 5 month of jail and do it again , the girls of my generation are applaused when they have a shamely decandent comportement toward sexual relations, they tax me/my friends/my family with 50% and then redistribute to strangers, corruption in our institutions, they let our countries being invaded and punish us when we fight,etc

what they have did to their childrens ? they have betrayed us, send us to death, condamn us to have a failed mariage with a decadent girl(50% divorce) who will steal half of your capital and an alimony for life, condamn us to be scared about how we will eat if we dont have a top position in the society

1474490235-risitas434

you are right, elizabeth 2 didnt took the adequate measures to save your country since 50 years. i understand you very well and respect your decision.she didnt comply with her role as a member of the royalty( to make the better for the country), but she didnt have too much influence from what I understood

indeed we need to have an overall look about what is done (cause this seems pretty suspicious)

Add to this “healthcare” thing - Free University for more than half of your kids, Welfare and millions of windmills and solar arrays Interest and Repayment of the record levels of debt caused by Quantitative Easing.

Who Exactly are the people who are going to pay these Taxes ?

1 Like

Dec 20: There was a pro-Trump “Stop the Steal” rally held in Osaka, Japan

2 Likes

If I may, the Fed has been using QE as one of it’s only remaining tools for some time now, because we somehow can’t stomach rising interest rates at all. That’s not really a liberal/conservative thing IMO it’s just a Fed tool. Healthcare is indeed insanely expensive, but we pay way more for it than other countries. Our ridiculous, broken system has countless layers at which various entities exist that must extract profit. We pay for all that ultimately, including paying for the uninsured to seek care when they have to. Hell, there’s an entire industry out there (PBM) that exists solely by finding opportunities to monetize the inefficiencies! I think we often make the mistake of assuming that universal healthcare would scale out at the same crappy price we pay for it today. It would not. We are one of the few developed nations that doesn’t have universal healthcare. It’s doable. I’m not a tax policy expert, but take a look at the chuck of our federal budget that we spend on military, and just how big that dollar amount is. We have the money, it’s about priorities.

2 Likes

2 Likes

stalin , an exemple followed by each leftist on occident

Once again your post ignores the burden of my post completely and deflects (Postmodernist unfair method of argument) attention away from the issue.

You have shown yourself on other threads to be perfectly capable of understanding and addressing complex issues.

So - IF you wish to answer the question fairly, Please be my guest.
The question is ;

Who exactly are the people who you propose should pay these taxes ?

I thought it was implied when I mentioned federal budged priorities. I guess I should be more clear. We pay for it, all of us, via our taxes. We already do pay for it, we just get a broken, inefficient system in return that excludes millions. I don’t care if it’s flat or progressive. I’ll happily pay a bit more if it means that everyone gets healthcare, but that may not even be necessary if we do it right. A healthy nation is…well, a healthy nation, and we should prioritize it.

1 Like

Answer the question ! All of the items I mentioned are INCREASED spending proposed by Democrats as bribes to the electorate - So you Cannot be paying for them already !

Answer the question

You speak of “Excluded millions” - clearly THEY will not be paying any extra for all this vast spending - so WHO Exactly do you propose to steal this tax money off ?

We may be on different frequencies here. I’m trying to answer your question. As an American taxpayer, I would help pay for universal healthcare, as would all other taxpayers. Would taxes go up? Perhaps. I don’t know about you, but my monthly health insurance premiums are no joke, and I’d be happy to see them go away alongside a tax increase! I believe we could cut some budget in various places, maybe raise some taxes somewhere if needed. We could remove the cap on social security and raise more there. We could tax capital gains and carried interest the same as income. There’s all kinds of things we could do in concert to make it happen.

Let’s totally rethink the way we look at bachelor’s degrees. We should incorporate them into the same public education system that we use for k-12. It would not break us. Again, taxpayer funded just like it is today. Just like healthcare, I’m happy to pay more if it means every American kid can go to college. Education should be among our most valued investments as a society. You want that masters or doctorate, they can still be very expensive if that makes everyone happy.

The government should not be in the windmill and solar array business, but I’m totally good with diverting the tax breaks that we’ve been unnecessarily giving to oil companies for far too long to that industry if you’d like to stimulate it.

Somehow the right wing has been lead to believe that things like healthcare and education are some hellish gate to communism. They’re not. There is a debate to be had around the legitimate role of government in a republic like ours. The government is supposed to be the collective representation of the will of our people. It’s not the enemy. It’s us. Taxation is not theft, it’s how we fund what we want to do. We may disagree on what gets funded, but we’re not being stolen from. I believe the government may have a legitimate interest in things that we all need, like roads and bridges, clean air, food, and water, emergency services, yes healthcare and education. The government has no legitimate role in things like cars and televisions, cell phones, etc. Goods like that are best served by capitalism. Just the way I see it.

1 Like

This is what selling your soul to the devil does to you :point_down:

Edit: Do I lie? :slightly_smiling_face:

What if I don’t want to do “What WE want to do”? But still YOU still steal my money at the point of a gun ?

Taxation Is theft !

However Your “Government Spending” is a little ove $3 Trillion per year and your population is what ? 300+ Million ? That’s $10,000 per year for every Man, Woman and child !

BUT

That is all at Current values - so How much extra does the theft you propose intend to steal?

Who is John Galt?

Taxation is not theft, it’s part of our social compact as Americans. What happens when you want to pay for something and I don’t? We vote. Someone gets their way, and the other person sucks it up and moves on as an active participant in democracy. I’ve never understood how conservatives can stand on the shoulders of all the generations who came before them, upon all this infrastructure that’s been handed to them and proclaim, not my money pal!! That’s not how it works. You give back.

1 Like