Political Opinion

[QUOTE=“Hogarste;493065”]I challenge you to explain why you think it’s a negative (flaw) quality about a person. Give some details about what is bad about being gay socially, environmentally, etc. Would the world be better without this flawed trait and if so support what your saying with details if you can.

[/QUOTE]

I challenge you to demonstrate how it’s genetic…

The whole premise of evolution (liberals favourite theory) is based off of survival of the fittest and ability to procreate… Reconcile those two ideas if you will.

Explain how someone’s environment and upbringing results in their sexual orientation?

[QUOTE=“Bitterseatrader;493070”]

Explain how someone’s environment and upbringing results in their sexual orientation?[/QUOTE]

The whole premise of evolution (liberals favourite theory) is based off of survival of the fittest and ability to procreate… Reconcile that with the idea that homosexuality is genetic if you will.

I am not debating if its natural or not, I am debating your position that a child is some how turned into a homosexual.

[QUOTE=“Bitterseatrader;493074”]

I am not debating if its natural or not, I am debating your position that a child is some how turned into a homosexual.[/QUOTE]

Your debating that it is genetic…

Sooooo if its genetic…

The whole premise of evolution (liberals favourite theory) is based off of survival of the fittest and ability to procreate… Reconcile that with the idea that homosexuality is genetic if you will.

I’m not a biologist, and can’t argue (though there are articles written about homosexuality which are based on research that argue the point better than I can.) The point here goes beyond that argument. We’re discussing whether it is a good or bad thing, and having lived in the world and met many people, and understanding some of the contributions made to culture by gay people, it is evident, that the world is far better off with these people in it. If everyone were gay the world would end because there would be no reproduction. But be intellectually honest, don’t you really dislike the culture that you associate with gay people. In most large cities and modern places, people realize that the world is better with all different kinds of people in it.

You refuse to make an argument against homosexuality, and keep turning the argument around, because all you have isan interpretation of the bible, and the argument about reproduction. You really can’t make an argument that society would be better of without gay people, because such an argument cannot be made.

Nope, I am debating its the result of a chemical imbalance. More X than Y, thus nature made them they way they are. Can’t argue or judge nature.

[QUOTE=“Hogarste;493076”]I’m not a biologist, and can’t argue (though there are articles written about homosexuality which are based on research that argue the point better than I can.) The point here goes beyond that argument. We’re discussing whether it is a good or bad thing, and having lived in the world and met many people, and understanding some of the contributions made to culture by gay people, it is evident, that the world is far better off with these people in it. If everyone were gay the world would end because there would be no reproduction. But be intellectually honest, don’t you really dislike the culture that you associate with gay people. In most large cities and modern places, people realize that the world is better with all different kinds of people in it.

You refuse to make an argument against homosexuality, and keep turning the argument around, because all you have isan interpretation of the bible, and the argument about reproduction. You really can’t make an argument that society would be better of without gay people, because such an argument cannot be made.

[/QUOTE]

I can and will argue the demerits of homosexuality… But first we have to establish whether its genetic… So far you can’t

[QUOTE=“Bitterseatrader;493078”]

Nope, I am debating its the result of a chemical imbalance. More X than Y, thus nature made them they way they are. Can’t argue or judge nature.[/QUOTE]

Lol you are too arguing that it is genetic… X and Y are chromosomes which are DNA which are is expressly genetic.

So again…

It’s either genetic or a product of environment and parenting correct?

I’ve decided not continue to debate my position further because it will only result in a further decline down the rabbit hole.

Ok fine, I am arguing that its genetic. A child is born either gay or straight, thus not the result of choices of the parents or the environment of the child.

I really enjoy starting topics and watching others argue over them lol. Saves me the trouble of thinking and typing.

[QUOTE=“Bitterseatrader;493082”]

I’ve decided not continue to debate my position further because it will only result in a further decline down the rabbit hole.

Ok fine, I am arguing that its genetic. A child is born either gay or straight, thus not the result of choices of the parents or the environment of the child.[/QUOTE]

Lol yeh you’ve “decided” that it’s genetic but you have not reconciled that with the whole premise of evolution, which is survival of the fittest and the species ability to procreate… Reconcile that with the idea that homosexuality is genetic… I’ll save you the trouble… You can’t

it’s not important enough to me to spend the last hour I have in my evening to google and research to prove a point that most people think is pretty obvious. When all is said and done homophobia is the last terrible pillar of legal discrimination in this country, and I have gay friends and know they are basically the same as you and me.

I hope you have talked to some gay people in your life, or at least try to. Same with Muslims, Jews, Hindus, etc etc. We are all the same. You win after this dude, I gotta look at a few charts and help plan the over throw of society, and redistribution of wealth before sleep.

[QUOTE=“Hogarste;493089”]it’s not important enough to me to spend the last hour I have in my evening to google and research to prove a point that most people think is pretty obvious. When all is said and done homophobia is the last terrible pillar of legal discrimination in this country, and I have gay friends and know they are basically the same as you and me.

I hope you have talked to some gay people in your life, or at least try to. Same with Muslims, Jews, Hindus, etc etc. We are all the same. You win after this dude, I gotta look at a few charts and help plan the over throw of society, and redistribution of wealth before sleep.

[/QUOTE]

Lol exactly… You can’t reconcile evolution to the idea homosexuality is genetic… Shouldn’t take google research to express something that liberals think is sooo obvious… That is until you actually think logically about it for a minute.

I think that’s a good idea Hogarste, this thread is only good for time wasting (hence my current reason for being here). I agree with you, and I support equality.

Pizza, you haven’t presented any arguments and I think you’re drawing the debate away from your post that prompted my reply.

Being gay is the result of being born. People can’t change the way they were born, thus shouldn’t be discriminated against.

Lol so just like that you two are going to back down from any attempt at defending how you guys think homosexuality is genetic… While maintaining evolution as a valid scientific theory? Hahaha…

[QUOTE=“Bitterseatrader;493093”]
Being gay is the result of being born. [/QUOTE]

Yes you are saying its a genetic trait… Reconcile that with the theory of evolution… I mean at least make an attempt or say you can’t.

Not all genetic changes in evolution are beneficial for a species as a whole. Being gay removes the ability to procreate hence doesn’t benefit the human species, just like being born white doesn’t benefit living anywhere that has UV rays.

My argument remains the same, yours leads nowhere…

[QUOTE=“Bitterseatrader;493098”]

Not all genetic changes in evolution are beneficial for a species as a whole. Being gay removes the ability to procreate hence doesn’t benefit the human species, just like being born white doesn’t benefit living anywhere that has UV rays.

My argument remains the same, yours leads nowhere…[/QUOTE]

It’s a hindrance for a species survival and would have, according to the theory of evolution, been eliminated a long time ago IF it were actually genetic.

Just like the useless little flippers that land creatures eliminated as they progressed to more advanced forms of life.

My argument leads to yours being invalid.