Political Opinion

I assume that there is something in the human brain that defines our sexuality. I don’t choose to be heterosexual, and was not taught that I must be. From my earliest memories I was attracted to, and liked girls. Gay people say they experience the same thing but these feelings are for their same gender. It’s not a choice, it’s in the wiring, but I can’t prove that to you, or quote the specific studies that agree with this. Life is reproductive, and homosexuality in humans does not result in reproduction, therefore the whole species cannot be gay or the whole species would not exist without some type of chemical fudging (sorry, I’m tired).

If you want to say that there is a cell that is a 1/10 occurence, as a non-biologist, that seems more logical to me that it is a natural re-occurring thing. None the less, how we deal with these human beings is far more important, and from friendships I’ve made, to my appreciation of culture, the human race is far far better off with these people (thank g*d for them) then we’d be without them, and in the US we have a poor track record of how we treat them.

You are forgetting humans are not a simple species. Being gay has only been openly accepted in the past what 30 years, probably less? That means you have men that were gay but perhaps still married and had children.

Being gay also doesn’t dramatically impact one’s ability to survive, these men can still build shelters, eat etc. Its not comparable to a black rabbit trying to survive in the white snow.

Being gay has been accepted before. Just not in the US.

No one has said anything about them not being equal. I’m think they should be allowed to be married. I just don’t think it’s natural.

Pretty much on the same page here. Leonardo Da Vinci brought more to this world than one of those “manly” chest pumping farmers and its speculated that he himself was gay.

Yeah you just believe they should all die out… your understanding of equality is revolutionary!

[QUOTE=“Bitterseatrader;493109”]

Yeah you just believe they should all die out…[/QUOTE]

Not that they should. That they will.

[QUOTE=“Hogarste;493101”]I assume that there is something in the human brain that defines our sexuality. I don’t choose to be heterosexual, and was not taught that I must be. From my earliest memories I was attracted to, and liked girls. Gay people say they experience the same thing but these feelings are for their same gender. It’s not a choice, it’s in the wiring, but I can’t prove that to you, or quote the specific studies that agree with this. Life is reproductive, and homosexuality in humans does not result in reproduction, therefore the whole species cannot be gay or the whole species would not exist without some type of chemical fudging (sorry, I’m tired).

If you want to say that there is a cell that is a 1/10 occurence, as a non-biologist, that seems more logical to me that it is a natural re-occurring thing. None the less, how we deal with these human beings is far more important, and from friendships I’ve made, to my appreciation of culture, the human race is far far better off with these people (thank g*d for them) then we’d be without them, and in the US we have a poor track record of how we treat them.[/QUOTE]

Do you think that I would be able to statistically affect the rate of homosexuality in a control group of 100 babies that I raised in a controlled environment with the specific intent of fostering homosexual behavior?

Where from the moment of birth they are absorbed in an environment where homosexuality is taught as natural and necessary, and that attraction to the same sex is disgusting…

Where every movie and cartoon they watched portrayed sexual interaction as same sex only… Where every love story and book also had the same ideals.

Konan,
Before yesterday, I had never even heard of “Harvey Milk”. They mentioned it on the news so decided to look it up on the Web (that’s the link I posted). What kind of shocked me was not the topic of homosexuality, but the unusual “in your face” method the State of California chose to celebrate this holiday. Even the wording in the law has a real “people’s army” style about it…

Under SB 572, children will perform “suitable commemorative exercises,” remembering the “life,” “accomplishments,” and “contributions” of Harvey Milk" What is that supposed to mean? They never said.

So every year, the liberal teaching staffs get free reign to devise all sorts of prankish activities that are no doubt great fun for the staff, but the kids are probably thinking they’ve been taking too many adult pills. Cross-dressing parties? Mock gay parades and weddings? Really? I can understand covering this topic in social studies or sex ed class, but these “commemorative exercises” seem absolutely ludicrous to me. This is about as stupid an idea as celebrating Veterans Day every year by having schools across the nation stage mock Iraqi Invasions!

The grandfather of the modern day equal rights movement – MLK – most appropriately has a Government holiday in his honor. I’m sure the kids would have much preferred a day off for Harvey, as well!

How do you suppress natural instinct?

[QUOTE=“Bitterseatrader;493117”]

How do you suppress natural instinct?[/QUOTE]

So is that a no…?

Its a question

[QUOTE=“Bitterseatrader;493122”]

Its a question[/QUOTE]

I answered it in the post that you are questioning… Controlling the environment the babies are raised in, every aspect of their life would be to raise them specifically to view same sex intercourse as normal and opposite sex intercourse as repulsive.

Everything from the media they consumed, to books read, to having same sex parents… Etc

Gay gene? Scientists believe they discovered the source of homosexuality through epigenetics

They are just trying to wash out bigotry from American society by acquainting children with homosexuality and how it is not something to be afraid of and as consequence hated and discriminated against. …It’s similar to what schools did during "washing out " of racism from kids brains in America during MLK day…You have to teach kids how to love thy neighbor sometimes, not just how to hate…

“No one is an open homosexual” where I live because it’s a backward craphole of a country where gayness is associated with weakness. USA as a “beacon” of democracy should be different on this issue, no?!

Now instead of white’s hating blacks we have an blacks with an entitlement mentality that are racist against white’s. Good job.

In some places the full blacks dont even like the mixed ones anymore.

The issue of homosexual marriages isnt about homosexuals. Its about insurance companies.

I would also like to add I’m So Fresh, You Can Suck My Nuts - YouTube

It’s an issue of human rights and equality…Yep, reverse racism, very real.

Take a poll. In America people who don’t agree with gays are the minority. We just elected what was it 3? Senators that are gay. They won’t pass bills because it’ll cut into insurance companies profits.

Every liberal acts like CEO’s are evil but politicians **** gold. They’re human. Why is it someone who’s worked hard to get where he is is a bad guy but someone with a flashy smile and a catch phrase are heroes who can do no wrong and only want to help you?

I personally trust no one except my immediate family and long term friends…

Reverse racism?

[QUOTE=“konan;493140”]

Gay gene? Scientists believe they discovered the source of homosexuality through epigenetics[/QUOTE]

Lol that’s a hypothesis … Basically a product of scientists coming in with bias and trying to prove it…

The key words in that article are “Scientists think” and “May have” … Worthless link