Political Opinion

[QUOTE=“Hogarste;493376”]No, I am against heterosexual and homosexual polygamy. But what your doing is using an agruing trick to make your point to avoid addressing the heart of the issue. I can understand that some people don’t get exposed to different cultures in their normal lives, so the gay thing (probably muslims, maybe Jews, hopefully not people of color) probably makes you uncomfortable as well. But when you work with these people every day, instead of trying to prove a point to show how smart you are on a thread, you think about the real people you know and some of the problems they’ve had, because they were born differently. I applaud and support their courage, but I can’t measure courage on any scale. In my own mind it is one of the most noble of human qualities.

[/QUOTE]

There is absolutely no reason that polygamy shouldn’t be legalized now that the original intent of marriage is destroyed… It’s love… Why can’t it be legal as well. On what grounds should we as a society look down on this noble part of our culture as something that is not deserving of every benefit to an inclusive ceremony… Where is the line in the sand?

It isn’t a debating tactic… It’s a logical cause and effect scenario that anyone with any foresight can see coming as a result of destroying the original intent of marriage…

[QUOTE=“ILovePizzaMore;493383”]

There is absolutely no reason that polygamy shouldn’t be legalized now that the original intent of marriage is destroyed… It’s love… Why can’t it be legal as well. On what grounds should we as a society look down on this noble part of our culture as something that is not deserving of every benefit to an inclusive ceremony… Where is the line in the sand?

It isn’t a debating tactic… It’s a logical cause and effect that anyone with any foresight can see coming as a result of destroying the original intent of marriage.[/QUOTE]

It’s fine to piss on everyone else just not your own beliefs.

I do not believe that more than two people should be allowed to form a legal union called marraige. I could see someone saying that my perspective is not consistent with my other views. I have no problem with people having more than one partner if all are OK with it, just not marriage because of the legal issues it could create. That said, if a majority of people wanted it, it would not really bother me that much.

[QUOTE=“Hogarste;493387”]I do not believe that more than two people should be allowed to form a legal union called marraige. I could see someone saying that my perspective is not consistent with my other views. I have no problem with people having more than one partner if all are OK with it, just not marriage because of the legal issues it could create. That said, if a majority of people wanted it, it would not really bother me that much.

[/QUOTE]

Then you are a bigot for imposing your beliefs on other people’s lives… As long as they are a solid minority then lets not give them their rights.

Would you’d be fine with two blood brothers getting married then?

No harm, no foul ,I would say…

If I were writing the laws, I would start with a Constitutional Amnedment that made it clear that gay people had the same rights to marriage the heterosexials have. I really don’t hate any group (except nazi’s kkk, etc). However, in getting to know several gay people, my heart goes out to those folks I know who have experienced descrimination.

[QUOTE=“Hogarste;493391”]Fine as in having them over for dinner, probably not. Fine as in live and let live, yea whatever. If I were writing the laws, I would start with a Constitutional Amnedment that made it clear that gay people had the same rights to marriage the heterosexials have.

[/QUOTE]

So what your saying now is that polygamist marriage and incestual marriage is okay…

And that’s exactly why the pervasiveness of homosexuality has often been a leading indicator for the collapse of great societies in history.

When the bedrock of the society, the family unit, is degraded then the rest of the society follows suit. Once marriage is open for everyone… Under whatever odd and depraved circumstance … it becomes worthless… Once it’s worthless then the family unit breaks apart creating generations of children who have had no stable upbringing who create havoc once they reach adulthood…

Can you list societies that this has happened to? I would really like to know so I can troll more on facebook lol.

[QUOTE=“IyaJenkei;493396”]Can you list societies that this has happened to? I would really like to know so I can troll more on facebook lol.

[/QUOTE]

Egypt, Rome, Greece come to mind immediatly.

Racism, bigotry, homophobia…

[QUOTE=“konan;493402”]Racism, bigotry, homophobia…

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8JsRx2lois[/QUOTE]

Yes… The three most favourite labels liberals like using to try and marginalize people who don’t agree with them.

UMAD bro?..

Btw, my comment about not having them to dinner was aimed only at the incest aspect, and possibly I should not have written it. In the grand scheme of things, if people are not hurting anyone, I really don’t care what they do. I’ve already told my child that the most important thing she has to do, is figure out who she is and be that person. If she winds up being gay, I will support her as a proud parent.

[QUOTE=“konan;493408”]

UMAD bro?..[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not… Watching the world burn from self induced arson is a hobby I enjoy.

A parallel dry humor joke I often use is: Aviation is a self-cleaning oven.

Lol. This is the first time I’ve heard someone imply that exercising tolerance is comparable to arson. By advovating tolerance am I helping to lead society to it’s demise?

I’d say we’re doing pretty good…Compared to the Dark age Europe, pilgrim colonies in the America in 16 hundreds and Afghanistan under the Taliban regime…Guess which law was common in all three cases?! Yes, death penalty for sodomy.

[QUOTE=“Hogarste;493421”]Lol. This is the first time I’ve heard someone imply that exercising tolerance is comparable to arson. By advovating tolerance am I helping to lead society to it’s demise?

[/QUOTE]

When your idea of “tolerance” is the destruction of marriage yes… Absolutely

It’s really not that hard. God burned down 2 cities for homosexuality. Obviously it’s wrong.

Brilliant…