Political Opinion

From my recollection no, we have not spoken before.

Yes I draw a line at certain points but, as a parent, even a human too, surely you see the difference I am pointing out??

Two same sex couples and an underage relationship?

There are things that are not normal in some eyes but then there are things that are just sickening in 99.9% of other’s eyes?

[QUOTE=“waterboy;493547”]

I could have written that myself.

I am married with a child. If I was unmarried with the same partner I would pass on the same life experiences and expectations to my child as I do now as a married parent. It is then up to the child at 18 to make their own way and live life as they see fit, hopefully, in the way you have guided them.

I do agree however where parents have split up and re-cohabitated / re-married sets a poor example but in some cases a re-marriage is a lesser evil than watching two parents who clearly don’t get along abuse one another to the detriment of their child’s upbringing and ultimately society.[/QUOTE]

You as a single father could never give your child the same thing that a married couple can. Mothers contribute things to a child’s development that fathers cannot and vice versa. Not saying single parents can’t raise kids… They have to do the best they can… But married couples will always have the advantage and the children will benefit during childhood and later in life. Children are a product of their environment and marriage plays a huge role in the type of environment the child lives in.

[QUOTE=“waterboy;493548”]

From my recollection no, we have not spoken before.

Yes I draw a line at certain points but, as a parent, even a human too, surely you see the difference I am pointing out??

Two same sex couples and an underage relationship?

There are things that are not normal in some eyes but then there are things that are just sickening in 99.9% of other’s eyes?[/QUOTE]

I’m a parent also 2 year old another on the way.

You’re right things are relative. But why are you allowed to draw lines but I’m not?

Evolution has brought women to start their menstrual cycle at the age of 12 sometime younger. Why do you think that is?

Did I not agree that a single / re-married parent would maybe not set as good an example as a married couple?

But take this example:

Example 1:

Non married couple, love and show great affection for each other and their child.

Example 2:

Married couple, father is a drunk who beats the mother and sometimes in front off the child.

Which child is brought up in the more stable environment and has a more natural chance of fostering a greater relationship as both a partner and parent in later life?

[QUOTE=“waterboy;493555”]

Did I not agree that a single / re-married parent would maybe not set as good an example as a married couple?

But take this example:

Example 1:

Non married couple, love and show great affection for each other and their child.

Example 2:

Married couple, father is a drunk who beats the mother and sometimes in front off the child.

Which child is brought up in the more stable environment and has a more natural chance of fostering a greater relationship as both a partner and parent in later life?[/QUOTE]

Example 3: a pack of very nurturing wolves find a baby and raise it… Showing it how to survive in the wild. They teach it independence and how to be at one with Mother Nature.

Example 4: the baby finds itself in a dark alley in New York where it manages to raise itself… After 15 years he becomes the leader of a dangerous street gang and takes control of the crack market in Yonkers…

Which child is brought up in a better environment?

I know you are a parent, thats why I mentioned it, congratulations on your 2nd though.

I’m not drawing the line, society does, and as it’s illegal for a 12-year old to have a child, then that to me shows that 12 is not an acceptable age. Plus add to that, that 12 is an age where a female body is bleeding to start development and it’s even more evident that anyone wanting a relationship with such a CHILD is clearly a danger to society and should be shot through the head immediately.

Society does discriminate against same sex couples but not in a legal manner, therefore, it shows in the main, that the minority have the issues and therefore it is largely accepted. Try finding the same support for the evil who prey on the young.

As much as I agree that same sex couples are not “normal”, that is only my opinion but I am outweighed by the majority and subsequently have no issue sitting at the same watering hole drinking with such a couple and having a good time.

I may not understand their sexuality but it hurts no one in the process, a sexual predator however destroys lives.

Again society will always dictate the same way it did when people thought whites were above other ethnic groups - another sickening misnomer - one that, thankfully is being put to bed. Society in the end knows right from wrong. We are all human!

[QUOTE=“waterboy;493561”]

I know you are a parent, thats why I mentioned it, congratulations on your 2nd though.

I’m not drawing the line, society does, and as it’s illegal for a 12-year old to have a child, then that to me shows that 12 is not an acceptable age. Plus add to that, that 12 is an age where a female body is bleeding to start development and it’s even more evident that anyone wanting a relationship with such a CHILD is clearly a danger to society and should be shot through the head immediately.

Society does discriminate against same sex couples but not in a legal manner, therefore, it shows in the main, that the minority have the issues and therefore it is largely accepted. Try finding the same support for the evil who prey on the young.

As much as I agree that same sex couples are not “normal”, that is only my opinion but I am outweighed by the majority and subsequently have no issue sitting at the same watering hole drinking with such a couple and having a good time.

I may not understand their sexuality but it hurts no one in the process, a sexual predator however destroys lives.

Again society will always dictate the same way it did when people thought whites were above other ethnic groups - another sickening misnomer - one that, thankfully is being put to bed. Society in the end knows right from wrong. We are all human![/QUOTE]

The gist of this quote is that society sets its rules and whatever society decides to do then it must be ok … Right?

[QUOTE=“waterboy;493561”]

Again society will always dictate the same way it did when people thought whites were above other ethnic groups - another sickening misnomer - one that, thankfully is being put to bed. Society in the end knows right from wrong. We are all human![/QUOTE]

And humans are just animals.

You answered your own question.

The pack of wolves would have “adopted” the baby, who would have not known if they were married or not. However, being brought up in a loving environment has helped the child tremendously over the child who has brought himself up, who will undoubtedly, self destruct and have no regard for human life until he is either imprisoned or killed by law enforcement / rival factions.

By and large, yes.

[QUOTE=“ILovePizzaMore;493564”]

The gist of this quote is that society sets its rules and whatever society decides to do then it must be ok … Right?[/QUOTE]

That probably depends on which society. I’m sure his is right. And everyone else’s is wrong.

You obviously have NO concept of what a civil society is, or the rule of law. You think were evolving to higher lifeforms, but you’re a prime example of the decline, decay, entrophy, third law of thermodynamics, whatever, that happens when things are left to themselves. Society is going backwards, regressing, becoming Neanderthals, ever more corrupt. It’s as sure as the Earth’s rotation slowly slowing. Natural selection? Look who’s the majority…it’s not pretty.

No, we have a distinct advantage over animals in that we have evolved to understand and vote in the majority of what is right and wrong.

[QUOTE=“waterboy;493566”]

You answered your own question.

The pack of wolves would have “adopted” the baby, who would have not known if they were married or not. However, being brought up in a loving environment has helped the child tremendously over the child who has brought himself up, who will undoubtedly, self destruct and have no regard for human life until he is either imprisoned or killed by law enforcement / rival factions.[/QUOTE]

A similar comparison to your attempt to compare scenarios would be this…

Example one: a high school drop out spends most of his free time learning how to code software and creates an app that yahoo buys for $1.6 billion dollars.

Example two: A graduate degree student finishes school and is unable to pay his student loans and can’t support himself…

Which is better… Obviously scenario 1 is better… Does that mean dropping out of high school leads to a better life then a graduate degree for the majority?? Your logic would dictate you responding “yes”. Even though we both know that is false.

Same with your examples… In the scenario you chose to create, the un married couple provides the better environment… But statically the odds are in favor of the married couple… Just like statistically the odds are in favor of a graduate degree versus a high school drop out, despite the existence of outliers.

No, again just look at the majority and not the minority and you’ll find your answer.

[QUOTE=“waterboy;493568”]

By and large, yes.[/QUOTE]

Lol what about 1940s Germany… You had a society that willfully thought exterminating an entire race was acceptable… As a German during that time period your response would have been “oh well! I guess I’m overruled here… My society has determined what is right… Sigh Which death camp do I put them in?”

Not at all.

Again education is what you make of it. Some prosper, some fail. The fella in scenario 1 used his “free time” as you put it to better himself. Something society allows and in by no means is not comparable to how a lot of business leaders led their young lives.

What is the original intent of marriage?

He also killed 42 children for making fun of a bald guy. We should keep doing that too…

I’d rather be the child of a loving single parent (like 10’s of millions of children were after the world wars) than that of a married, abusive couple.

Any parent who loves their child will be a far better parent than one (or a couple) that does not.

[QUOTE=“waterboy;493578”]

Not at all.

Again education is what you make of it. Some prosper, some fail. The fella in scenario 1 used his “free time” as you put it to better himself. Something society allows and in by no means is not comparable to how a lot of business leaders led their young lives.[/QUOTE]

It’s exactly the same dude… You are trying to compare outliers and use that instead of looking at the statistical majority.

Statistically marriage provides a better environment.

No, not at all, are you for real???

Who WON the war???

S O C I E T Y

That’s who because the world society said the minority was wrong and acted to end it.

Case rested.