Political Opinion

That doesn’t seem to be what research is showing, I.e. that illegal immigration has been falling for over 10 years

“The estimated number of undocumented immigrants living in the USA reached a 12-year low in 2016, continuing a decade-long decline in which that population fell from a high of 12.2 million in 2007 to 10.7 million in 2016, according to a report released Tuesday.”

Key words in the intro paragraph for me are “living” and “2016”.

10.7 million. Appalling.

But unlike here in the UK at least you have the numbers.

144,000 in May and over 100,000 in April.

Many think there are over 20 million illegals here.

A massive abdication of government responsibility.

1 Like

It starts with Congress…

1 Like

Guess we’ll have to wait for the next census for an update.
What do you base your statement that “illegal immigration has gone up significantly since Trump took power” on?
“Many think…” is nothing but speculation

I thought the article was pretty clear on that…err…speculation?
And, no waiting on the next census. The courts have ruled that you can’t
ask that question(are you an illegal immigrant?) on the census.

If this is true then you should be looking for who is financing these immigrants, Always follow the money then you will have the real story

We are speaking of people on the left and they have the emotional maturity of the 4 yr old, that should answer your question

No body hear has a problem the legal immigration, we are all immigrants even native Americans where immigrants at one time. illegal immigration hurts everyone

1 Like

In 1986 Ronald Reagan signed into law the Immigration Reform Act , the bill gave Amnesty to millions of illegals, in turn Congress was secure the Mexican boarder to stop future illegals. Reagan did his part but the Democrat controlled congress did nothing. This mess is all on the hands of Democrats

There are guys who are illegal who have an unwritten rule:

Do not break the law, even a misdemeanor, pay your taxes, do not attempt to claim social benefits, keep your head down and do your work and do it well.

They hope that one day they will get the opportunity to get the green card and become documented.

From Vox in 2018:
The most recent IRS data, from 2015, shows that the agency received 4.4 million income tax returns from workers who don’t have Social Security numbers, which includes a large number of undocumented immigrants. That year, they paid $23.6 billion in income taxes. That doesn’t even include workers who paid taxes with fake Social Security numbers on their W-2 forms, which is also common.

1 Like

illegals also do not report crimes that they are a victim too, this makes them easy targets of criminals and unscrupulous employers that under pay them and deny benefits. One also has to wounder how much taxes these unscrupulous employers are just pocketing for them selves.

If you enjoy seeing people exploited then keep supporting our weak response to illegals

Top of the list is George Soros and the Mexican Drug Cartels. I’m sure there are others.

You are, of course, correct, Mr. D. I think that is why the R’s are saying we HAVE to secure the border FIRST before discussing anything else and the D’s are saying the opposite.
Two weeks until legal deportations start, unless the D’s do something. My cynical self says that they asked for two weeks because they couldn’t figure out how to spin this yet and they need two weeks. There is NO chance that they will give this President even a whiff of a “victory” and it’s certainly not going to start in two weeks…sadly…:wink:

1 Like

Don’t forget the US own CIA as they seem to always be at the fore front of destabilizing governments even our own, and they have a well publicized connection to Mexico’s Drug Cartels

Another very interesting explanation of the Huawei Bans going on worldwide…for the layman (me)…

Little off topic… but definitely of a Political Nature…

Lehman Brothers 2.0… Too big to fail… First domino… let’s just wait and see…

8.3 Billion is a mere piss in the ocean compared to the 43 Trillion in derivatives debt that the Bank has exposure to… Even the Euro “might start to unravel” if Deutsche collapses.

This will shake the windows… and rattle the markets…

1 Like