Political Opinion

All good stuff @peterma

So the “Ruskies” are way in advance of us in science as well as “Climate forecasting” it seems.

There seems of course good reason for this discrepancy in addition to sheer size of their “brain pool” and it is pretty much inevitable that the gaps between Russian / Chinese / Asian science and ours in the “west” seems inevitably bound to continue and they will continue to outperform us and the gap ever get larger until we in the west address some fundamental issues.

[Note - she chose 1986 deliberately as that was the year “Affirmative acton” was bound into LAW in Canada. - she is Canadian ]

1 Like

Janice Fiamengo is a very interesting lady, I read that she once called herself a ‘staunch feminist’ in her younger days - she is no longer such and is an avowed proponent of free speech.

In her video she highlights 2 academics - Daphne Joel and Doreen Kimura and the difference in conclusion of their respective research - the latter (now deceased) approached the subject of male/female with an open mind, the former with a closed bias.

I have often believed that bias not only clouds our judgement, it impedes our ability to learn and to grow.

In video 100 she confirms that Ireland have announced 45 female only university posts - this is actually true and apparently legal although there is talk of a legal challenge.

Anyways as I say, she is an interesting lady.

Yes she did her PhD on the position of women in news during the late 1800’s or some such “emancipation stuff” as I remember without searching too hard.

Do you contend that “Women only posts” is a fair and reasonable way for universities (or in fact any “public Employer” ) to conduct themselves nowadays ?

Interesting Person she (Professor Janice Fiamengo of Ottowa University) is and as she and many of the other women in the challenges to rabid feminism say “We can get away with saying some of this stuff because we are women - No man could say what we can without being howled down and de-platformed instantly” !

But I note you address the person rather than what she has to say - do you have an opinion as to my point that we in the west are destined to continue to fall behind in the “STEM” fields (and in fact generally) and may never be abe to catch up again, unless we regain an apointment by merit system and about which opinion I popped up a couple of her videos and a remarkable screenshot of the Nobel prize winners distribution by sex which she researched.

She highlighted the difference that research without bias can produce, results that we can learn from and use vs results obtained with bias which of little use.

I have some experience of the effect of bias and as I mentioned it’s something that holds back learning and growth and it creates it’s own difficulties.

Exclusion of any section of humanity is bias, I imagine the hope that the eager candidate had when the newspaper ad was spotted for a post in the prestigious university - the job skill required were an exact match - “I have a good chance with this” - that was until he noticed the small sentences at the bottom of the ad:

“We are an equal opportunity employer, all males are excluded” .

That is bias and you know what I think of bias.

Not to get into IQ scores ( oh why not) but on average men are over represented in the top 20% and bottom 20% while women are concentrated near the middle of the range. add race to the equation and Whites will outperform blacks and Asians will outperform Whites. Seeing how China is mostly Asian and Russia is mostly White and neither Russia or China will be using any kind of Affirmative Action. It is easy to see how both China and Russia will be greatly outperforming the US and Europe in STEM

1 Like

That is “step one” @Dennis3450 - bearing in mind that the universities now output 60% Female graduates to around 40% males - since most men nowadays either do not bother going or if they do they find it such a hostile sexually prejudiced and racially prejudiced (if they are white) atmosphere systemically gauged against them - to be “ANTI” “White male patriarchy” - that they just leave. Of those who do eventually force ( or “subterfuge” ) their way through in STEM (or any other discipline) the job prospects are again openly discriminatory against them as shown below that they make other choices - Prof Dr Fiamengo speaks around minute 9 of a “superb astro-physicist” who took a pragmatic decision ! and teh reports he gave her about oother “Talented male physicists” ! :smile:

So it will be seen that for the very best males in STEM - there ARE some options - hence perhaps those “Super rockets” linked to by @peterma a few posts ago.

Oh and whilst you’re here @peterma, Prof Dr Fiamengo speaks of her PhD dissertation around minute 16;00 and for a few minutes afterwards. Then the two women speak in generalities about their mutual Shame !

Packed with educative points - from beginning to end. :sunglasses:

All I can say is "As you sow - so shall ye reap ! " :rofl:

Good on 'yer lads !

Don’t miss the first 10 minutes, the last 10 minutes - or the section between those two !

1 Like

Sometimes it’s difficult to separate truth from propaganda - Putin crowed last year about having successfully tested hypersonic missiles, and again this year both he, his pm and military chief were likewise singing all over their news channels.

A few years ago I noticed some soldiers in a remote hillside - it was unusual in that the hillside had no military significance. The area had little population within miles and housed only the ruins of a fort from the middle ages.

Later when it was dark I suddenly heard a strange whoosh overhead and felt the down draught of a helicopter - but there was no rotor noise - clearly a stealth machine, yet there was no public knowledge of such technology.

https://www.darpa.mil/program/hypersonic-air-breathing-weapon-concept

How the hell did you in the USA let “the SQUAD” take control of what should in principle be a Party concerned with the issues of working people ?

And much to the point - how the hell did these monsters get elected ?

I’ve had some sight of the “Democratic Party” Hustings and I’m not impressed !

These are the same bunch who are attacking President Trump as “Racist” - Say what ? ?

THAT is what "Post modernist neo-Marxism looks like !

Ask any elected Democrat what is their biggest concerns, 1. Citizenship for Illegal Aliens 2. Transgender Bathrooms Is there anyone wonder middle America is leaving the Democrat party.

Don’t be surprised if some labor unions abandon the Democrats in the next election

3 Likes

They’re saying Pres Trump has played a blinder here !

You got Pelosi “sucking up” to them and attacking Trump - which shows her even further into the Ultra - left than she already is - remarkable after she herself was attcked by them a few days earlier.

Of course she was over here recently telling us we had to stay in EU - couldn’t happen to a niicer woman says I :rofl:

I wonder if I can get a bet on Trump to win 2020 yet ?

Impeachment on the table. “They” want a vote. Think I heard 85 Dems signed on for it, out of 235 in their Caucus, So like 1/3. They don’t think Nancy will bring it to a vote though. They said that these 85 Dems are in solid Dem districts and would be expected to vote to impeach. The other 2/3 are not and wouldn’t want to have to say either way, I suspect, with reelection right around the corner.
Some say Trump WANTS a big deal made out of it as it would backfire and he’d win big. Or, at least, that’s what “they” are saying…

2 Likes

A foreign politician telling people in another country how they should vote, I guess it is okay when a democrat does it, but if anyone from another country tries that in the US expect a 2 year long investigation

1 Like

Impeach Trump for what, ask those 85 Dems and you will get 85 different answers.

Under Trump we have
Lowest unemployment Numbers this century
Stock Market at all time high ( that is great for middle class retirement accounts)
Interest rates still low and might be dropping this month
End of the Korean War
Trade war with China is good news for American manufacturing
Trump is first President to stand up to the Military industrial Complex by saying no to war with Iran

Show me another American President since WWII that has such an impressive resume

1 Like

The remainers dragged Obama over here way back to tell us - we would be "At the back of the QUEUE - for a trade deal with USA just before teh Referendum - do you Americans use teh word “Queue” or would an American have said “the end of the line” ?

Don’t fret @Dennis3450, It’s just the Postmodernist neo-Marxists watching their beloved Communism quietly sinking into the morass of Public Attention waking up ! - We’ll win it out in the end mate, when people start to realise that Facts, Logic, Scientific Proof, Statistical Evidence, Critical thinking and self Pride in our abilities outweigh the “weaponisation of Hypersensitivity” and mobilisation of Group identities as Victims. The more Working People get a decent standard of living, and start to understand the Postmodernist Agenda, the more their “support base” will evaporate as the voters realise how dumb their arguments of “hurt feelings”, “Narrative” and “Oppression” really are ! :rofl:

Meanwhile - let 'em pander to the “Squad” - the longer they do - the more voters they are Bleeding ! :smile:

1 Like

Now if only he’d approve of cryptocurrency too!

1 Like

Queue seems to be so much more efficient?!
Vote to bring impeachment proceedings in the House was 95-332. Pretty safe to say those 95 Dems are in safe seats for reelection next November/
And I’m with you, Dennis. No one ever asks them what the impeachable offences are, although Al Green, the Congressman who brought the vote, said treason.

Then again define the charge, If the charge was murder you would need to produce a dead body or at the very least a missing person with evidence that this person is dead. Al ( retard) Green has not even the basic evidence of treason, the Muller report put that to rest

None a these are taught in the American Public School system

1 Like

Shame MAD magazine has gone

2 Likes

I believe you mate. That needs to be changed - That is Child abuse !

1 Like