Political Opinion

Cash and getting re-elected Trump’s constituents.

I don’t think there’s any constituency that is free from homeless, hungry, improved education and lack of opportunity for those on the bottom of their community

The homeless population living in boxes and tarps under overpasses in DC, the capital of the United States, is quite a comment on priorities.

KC

You make an excellent point here and not something I’ve ever thought about. And quite funny that you mentioned this because of late I’ve noticed myself flip flopping in both directions during a single news report on TV for instance.

That old guy in the first video cannot even read proper.

And take a look at the alarmist, bordering on conspiracy theories, videos published by the second crowd.

I wouldn’t read too much into any of this to be honest.

And quite honestly and as I mentioned somewhere on that other doom and gloom thread about good 'ol Jim Rogers: who cares. If DB goes tits up and you’re short: what’s the problem. That type of thing.

2 Likes

In general i only read very reputable newspapers. I skip all the online media and online videos i absolutely never watch. I find them a very useless source if you want to find information or knowledge. Every freak can make a vid and put it online, the knowledge of him/her or information provided in that vid can be (and usually is) wrong.

If it isnt printed on reuters, bloomberg, financial times or new york times then it is anyways (if it is knowledge/info at all) no knowledge or info that moves the market anywhere.

2 Likes

Reason I’m pointing out all the Deutsche Bank news is the distinct lack of it in the mainstream media.

Most of this info is coming from Zerohedge, which is a reputable financial news regurgitator…

Yes the video’s themselves are a little sketchy… but the information revealed is of major importance…
It’s the first time we’ve heard that the debt is trying to be spun off to BNP Paribas…

Lets just say I know someone near the top of one of the 4 pillar Banks in Australia, and they are battening down the hatches so to speak… this is really serious stuff and the more Deutsche hemorrhages cash (@ 1 Billion a day being removed by Hedge Funds…) the closer to a forced announcement on this Banks real condition…

18,000 people in a single week where made redundant and it hardly raised a mention in the mainstream media… We’ve all read about too big to fail… problem is Deutsche is a behemoth too big to save

This failure will cause huge ramifications for ALL markets… the CHF Black Swan event will be a piss in the ocean compared to the carnage to come when it’s finally revealed that the Bank is insolvent…

Like Jared Vennett in The Big Short… No one’s watching… no one’s paying attention…

Anyway… Alarmism, Conspiracy theorists… there will be a plethora of threads and posts of woe in these forums when this situation eventually unfolds…

2 Likes

Zerohedge is a prime example of a not reputable source.

Anybody can write anything in it.
Its a blog. Thus not regulated by any standards of journalism. Nobody is beeing held accountable for his/her words.
They are permabear. Beein bearish and pumping up catastrophic scenarios is zerohedges religion. Nobody is forced to state its credibility in there, can be a total novice posting big words, can be a pro (unlikely) who works in the industry. Nobody needs to state their investments in the assets thats written about (if hes short or long) and thus even if its a pro, it is very likely he promotes his position trying to find enough people to unload his assets on them- or trying to shake out burried stocks in order to buy them (from “buy and hold” strategists).

Zerohedge is as reputable in forecasting as is babypips forum. Imo

@MrDE, What so you’re saying that the DB situation is all in the collective imagination?? FFS

“Reason I’m pointing out all the Deutsche Bank news is the distinct lack of it in the mainstream media…”

No. Thats not what im saying at all. Im saying that untill it is not in the focus of real news there is not much to talk about. Out of 2 reasons:

1st. As long as its not in the attention of the professionals it is unlikely to be any event- yet or ever. As information latter goes as follows: governments -> banks -> funds -> newspapers -> retail investors

2nd. As long as the market movers (governments, banks, funds) do not see a reason for shorting (or longing) the stock will not go anywhere, as retail traders lack the power to move even a small stock (down), take away one of the biggest banks in the world, plus+ retailers do not even participate in the market (shorting for a retailer can only be done through derivates which do not move the underlaying asset [cfd, options, spreadbetting, certificates] going short in that does not influence the stock in any way)

So even if deutsche is about to collapse, a retail investor/ trader has no opportunity to make any money on that information untill the big guys think so too and start short selling the stock.

So thinking, contemplating, hoping for this event is waisted effort. A retailer cant influence it and cant earn on it. Only when the big guys see it the same way it will hapen and create an opportunity, and the big guys will not see it that way because someone on zerohedge writes a blog. They will smell an opportujity only when other banks go short or governments talk about issues and as last in the latter when reputable journalist report on it.

In the end the old saying holds its value, never act on tips/hints.

Fully aware that retail traders are nothing more than Pigeon Shite on the financial column… I’m not posting about an opportunity to profit… I’m saying keep an ear to the ground, because when this unfolds the market fluctuations will be epic…

"December 2014, the draft bill written by Citibank in 2013, was passed by congress…basically the taxpayer will pick up the tab if the derivative market melts down. The banks were worried about this seven years ago. The bail-in plan is even more evil. If banks go broke now, they just change savings accounts into bank shares".

And there is so many tales of sorrow in these threads already of those that were spiked out by volatile situations…

An auditor’s report (CommerzBank) has already been sighted… the Bank has already failed…

Maybe the counterparties are desperate to run silent, so they can get their cash out before the revolving door jams… We’ve had an insight after the 2008 GFC how the financial Institutions behave when the wolf is at the door… The doco/movie Margin Call comes to mind… So once again…

“Reason I’m pointing out all the Deutsche Bank news is the distinct lack of it in the mainstream media.”

Lehman collapsed within 2 months. They are talking about a DB collapse since 2015. Didnt happen still. If the big guys were trying to hold down news and talks in order to get their cash out, they had 4 years more than enough time to do so.

In 2008 they did not kept news low on the crash of lehman. Its quite the opposite, the other banks rumored lehman to bancruptcy and then earned on short selling.

What you are reffering to as “they kept the news back” was the evalution of real estate mortgages primes and sub primes contract, holding them longer in the triple A, double a, a+ than they wer qualified for those evaluations, in order to have enough time to revert their positions to selling these primes (unloading them) to other banks (and the later shorting those banks that bought the contracts of them) like westLB, bayernLB, hypo real estate bank and other banks who blindly bought overvalued real estate mortgage contracts and in the aftermatch of 2008 went bancrupt. Which was a double rip of of american rating agencies and banks selling foul contracts, knowingly they are foul/rotten and on false ratings and then on top of that got greedy shorting the banks that bought the contracts of them, knowing that when it becones public how badly these toxic contracts are, those banks will lose in share value rather quick, or collapse/go bancrupt.

1 Like

Its just not true that there was hardly a mention in the mainstream media, this story was all over the news channels.

However, it soon evaporated and for a couple of very good reasons which are all to do with the media business -

1. its a bank - not much reader sympathy or interest
  2. its not a British bank - ditto
  3. plenty of banking jobs available - the 18,000 well educated and well qualified staff will probably soon get other similar jobs - the business DB had been doing will be simply migrated to other banks who will need to take on the people to do it
  4. it doesn’t play to established media memes - the north-south divide, the collapse of British manufacturing, the transfer of British jobs to SE Asia, the pressures on British business from Brexit etc. etc.

All these factors make the DB story the reverse of the British Steel story a little previously and ensured it wouldn’t get high profile for long. Its just business.

1 Like

Maybe something close to the current topic. Not starting a new thread. Nobody interested in this stuff mostly. Documentary called “Debt Machine” being broadcast on Al Jazeera tonight at 20h00 GMT. About sovereign debt etc. Details below…

Oh and yes: those were the days!!! LOL!!!

1 Like

Yes Tom, it was indeed and it made good news for editors.

You are correct re evaporation, there is also another reason.

DEUTSCHE BANK TRUST CORPORATION - the US entity (and Pres Trump banker) is far from being another Lehmans.

John Dizzard (FT) commented a couple of days ago that DB’s shares were pronounced “un-investible”, in the immediate aftermath of re-structuring.

Yet they increased in price by about 18 per cent in the first two weeks of the month. Someone figured out something. If you have any more un-investible companies, let me know. was his comment.

Anyways, a screenshot of the US entity finances - overcapitalized? :

There is much more to the story, bottom line is they will not go bust.

1 Like

Tell that to Alan Turing

2 Likes

Yes these reputable newspapers that fed us the lie of Russiagate for 2 years

2 Likes

Silver is a very manipulated market, historically silver has traded at 1/10th the price of gold, but now it is like 1/95th the price of gold, if silver reverts back to historic gold correlation then silver would be +140 a ounce.

As far a Deutsche Bank, Germany will not let it fail , that would be like the US letting Goldman Sachs fail. This is part of the too big to fail club

1 Like

“The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers”

Thomas Jefferson

1 Like

and those assets reported to the FED are only the assets beeing held in the USA. not DBs primary market.

due to Basel III and european tighter bank regulations, DB has a higher core capital ratio than goldman sachs, or any of the american banks right now.

DB 12.2%
Goldman Sach 5.6%
Bank of America 7.9%

heres the latest stress test results for North America.

the main issue why DB share price is declining since years is exactly those tight regulations which it has to follow and its US competition do not have to follow. US banks can do busines which dies not pay off for DB and other european banks anymore. thou the bank not thriving in the surplus earnings area is what is troubling the bank, not its (in)security or impending failing.

1 Like