Political Opinion

Fair point Dennis but why in another post 5 hours later do you have a list of mass shootings from July 2013 to September 2016 (Obama’s time) where 19 of the 22 incidents had less than 10 fatalities?

5673E2E3-A293-4EB5-85E9-4AC4E1E43E35

I was replying to Tommor noting that Obama took action after Sandy Hook, the chart shows the mass shooting kept right on happening, and I really don’t like how they call all these shootings mass shootings, Domestic violence involving one family member killing other family members does not belong on the same list as a Sandy Hook.

I would classify “mass shootings” in to 4 classes

1.Domestic violence, family killing family
2. Gang shootings
3. Work Place ( someone gets fired and wants to take revenge on his Boss) we use to call this going postal as it use to happen a lot at the US Post Office
4. Random, these are the real mass shooting where someone just starts shooting into a crowd of strangers

All of these type of mass shootings are very different and no one solution will work on all 4 if any

1 Like

Going “Postal” eh?
Think I read that 65% of gun killings are suicide; 30% homicide: and 2% “mass” shootings. Not sure how that last one is defined.
There were, what, 12 homicides and 32 shootings in Chicago this weekend and that, sadly, is not uncommon. Something over 100 homicides this year so far, there. I wish there was more media attention on that.

2 Likes

Origins of Going “Postal”

The stereotype was undoubtedly due to several incidents involving postal workers from 1986 to 1993. On August 20, 1986 postman Patrick Sherrill walked into his workplace, shot and killed 14 co-workers and injured 6 more before shooting himself in the head. On October 10, 1991 a former US postal worker, Joseph Harris, killed two employees at a post office in Ridgewood, New Jersey. Then, on November 14th of that same year, after being fired, Thomas Mcilvane killed 4 people and then himself at a Royal Oak, Michigan post office. In a terrible coincidence, on May 6th 1993, two separate shootings took place. The first one was at a post office in Dearborn, Michigan, where Lawrence Jasion killed one person and wounded three before killing himself. Within a few hours of that, in Dana Point, California, Mark Richard Hilbun killed his mother, and then shot two postal workers.

Correction on Chicago.
There were only 11 murders this weekend and 42 shootings. Over 300 murders so far this year.
And Baltimore has more, per-capita.

No we don’t , there might be more white male mass shooters in the US but that is only because they are the majority of males. and they are not all young , looking at the data shooters range from their Teens to late 60’s and all races and quite a few Muslims , the only thing you can say with certainty is they are all male.

Side note: we need to take these mass shooting stats with a grain of salt, I just learn of a case in Texas were during a home invasion the home owner grab his AR15 and killed 3 or the 4 home invaders, The FBI called this a mass shooting with an assault rifle. Everyone has an agenda

2 Likes

I stand corrected :sunglasses: My post came from a view of a certain category of the “Headline” shootings.

However clearly it is NOT applicable to all and probably not “Most” of what the US classifies as “Mass shootings”

I have withdrawn it certainly until I can better define what I am talking about (if it is relevant then)

Thank you for correcting my thinking ! :smile:

If this case does not open your eyes to global pedophilia and the people at the top that are involved I don’t know what will

It is well known among corporations and politicians that you release bad news Friday evening so by Monday the news outlets are on to a new story, The timing of this alleged " suicide" could not have been better, that is better for those trying to cover it up

1 Like

Oh that’s a photo - thought it was a link

I did see that suicide some hours ago - but unsure what he was supposed to have done.

Try this one,

1 Like

Jeffrey Epstein is dead of an apparent suicide.

Or maybe he was about to cut a deal with federal prosecutors, and somebody ordered him silenced.

In any case, The New York Times asks why Epstein was not on suicide watch, just three weeks after a “prior suicide attempt” —

Epstein was a predator of the worst sort.

Arguably, the world is a better place with that predator-scumbag gone.

But, what about the predator-scumbag who ordered Epstein killed? And what about that person’s accomplices inside the prison system who carried out the hit?

So far, my impression of U.S. Attorney General William Barr is that he is a straight-shooter who can be trusted to get to the bottom of this situation – provided the Deep-State operatives inside the Department of Justice do not succeed in sabotaging an honest investigation.

Meanwhile, I’ll bet Bill Clinton is heaving a huge sigh of relief this weekend.

msn .com addresses some of the suspicions surrounding the untimely “suicide” of Jeffrey Epstein, referring to them as “conspiracy theories”. In the second half of their article, they finally suck it up and mention the names of Bill and Hillary Clinton — but only after doing their best to condition their readers to discount the “conspiracy theories”. Notice the loaded language that msn .com uses, or quotes: “paranoid fantasy universe”, “how predictably…Russian”, and their description of columnist Ann Coulter as “on the fringes of the political spectrum”.

Here’s the msn .com article —

Here are two excerpts from their article which jumped out at me —

First excerpt —

“Epstein’s death immediately set off speculation that he had been killed, or that someone who should have been watching him was looking the other way when it happened. With confirmed ties to political figures up to and including presidents of both parties, European royalty and headline names in business, finance and academia, Epstein was a lightning rod for conspiracy theories even before his death. Women who have accused him of forcing them into having sex when they were underage have also said he pimped them out to some of his powerful friends. His trial, more than a year away, could have proved embarrassing — or worse — to people who were part of his large social circle.”

Second excerpt —

"The New York Times reported last month that Epstein used his ties to Les Wexner, CEO of the L Brands corporation, which owns Victoria’s Secret, for access to both models and money. Wexner accused Epstein this week of misappropriating “vast sums of money.”

"Epstein, early in his career, was a protégé of Donald Barr, the father of Attorney General Barr, who hired him to teach at New York’s prestigious Dalton School despite his lack of a college degree.

“The amount and source of Epstein’s wealth, apart from his association with Wexner, has been a mystery.”

Here is a Bloomberg article, re-published by msn .com

Epstein’s Victims Will Pursue Civil Cases Against His Estate

And here is a short piece from The Hill, re-published by msn .com

2 Likes

Even over here - those names are said with a wink ! Perhaps I shouldn’t have said that ! :worried:

I loved the way she responded to the BBC “interviewer” - and really put him and his “guest” right on the back foot !

I’m listening to her Lecture to the Oxford Union as I type.

Interestingly I came across quite a lot of this stuff earlier today - never know that !

Not entirely “on topic” - but seeing as this is “Party Political” now :smile: :cocktail: [Watch it :wink: ]

Epstein was probably never going to get out of jail - or at least not until he was an octogenarian. What’s the point of carrying on if that’s your future? I don’t generally believe in made-up scarey fairy stories.

They would have been extremely “Hard” years he was going to do as well. “Crims” are very unforgiving about sex crimes against women and children - a hang over from the traditional values as “Man as protector” - and which of us subconsciously condemns that attitude ?

I don’t know what he was like or whether he would have “taken others down with him” as @Clint s post seems to wish us to infer and I guess whatever the outcome, we never shall - for certain, but if he felt the “evidence” was overwhelming (True or false) - I can see that suicide could be the most logical option for a good many people.

You guys are missing the story, this was not a suicide but a murder. Either someone physically carried out this murder or Epstein was provided the means to commit suicide which would make it an assisted suicide which under US law is still murder.

This is one of those rare stories that has the far right , far left and most everyone in the middle in agreement that this “suicide” was staged. Let’s hope we can all put away our political bigotry on this one story and demand answers

Plenty of risk on BOTH sides to get to the bottom of this. Call me skeptical(of getting to the truth.)

1 Like

If nothing else the guilty will show their hands, will they see justice , I share your skepticism

This reads like it is the plot to bad movie

2 Likes

I don’t think either Clint or I would disagree that it does seem that way - especially when you see the “names” of some of those peripherally (at the moment) involved.

The “Poking and prodding” are at an early stage yet - but in a world where “objective truth” could be relied upon to emerge - I’d put a couple of “K” on that being the case. - In this world where “Truth” is just a “Social construct” - it’s possible that some “guard” will be sacrificed as an “Accomplice to suicide” - but I think that is all we shal hear ! Dr Steve Turley - did a (Great) little comment on it yesterday

Whereas Ann Coulter has been a little more outspoken, comparing the situation (Back in JUly) with the “Rotheram over-ups” - Good on her - I didn’t know you in US were aware of that bit of “UK Shame” :sunglasses: (Video 9th July - not linked)

Here is one a week later - where she speaks of motives !

Yes Dennis, evil begets evil, it’s what it knows best - it attempts to divide and conquer.

I agree with Marco Rubio:

Rubio