Political Opinion

But we seem very selective of what is wrong

We loose our minds over one of these shootings but will defend the killing of 2 million babies each year by Plan Parent Hood

We cheer our President for launching missile attacks that will kill thousands and boo him when he refused to act.

And don’t get me started on the inhumane use of Drone warfare

The City of Chicago has had 300 murders so far this year, but you will not see that as a lead story on CNN or MSNBC . And there are no Republicans holding office in Chicago

We seem to only care about needless death when it fits our political agenda

2 Likes

If the above is true, you are getting better info then any of the worthless news media here in the states is giving out.

Its on euronews. If i find it ill send you a pic.

Here it is:

Schwester = sister
Schütze = shooter
Opfer = victim

The red stripe is the newsticker

Edit: and yes i agree. US and UK news are pretty bad. I watch cnn and bbc sometimes. Its 45 minutes out of a hour ads, then 12 minutes the opinions of some people, 1 minute adds that are camouflaged as news (you know when they say “news! Apples iphone has best camera out of 25 tested phones”- its actuall advertisement and no real news) then 2 minutes real news.

1 Like

So true

sorry for my late reply. i had to get to the computer as typing on the phone is annyoing when making a longer post.

[quote]
But we seem very selective of what is wrong

We loose our minds over one of these shootings but will defend the killing of 2 million babies each year by Plan Parent Hood [/quote]

i know what you mean. in fact i observed it on myself just 2 weeks ago.
opposite of my house (i live on the 6th floor, the last of the building in frankfurt) i witnessed a guy, 26 years old, committing suicide.

he went up on a crane and was up there for the entire day. i wasnt particularly watching at all as i was sure he will come down sooner or later. police was there with firefighters etc, in total about 150 rescuers.
he was up there for 11 hours. and i could see him from every balcony and window of my flat.
around 22:30 i was just taking a glimpse to see if he is still up there, and 3 seconds while i was watching he really did jump.

hearing of such things in news or from rumors doesnt touch anyone anymore, as those things happen constantly. we are used to it, we are numb to people dieing. seeing it with my own eyes didnt let me go for several days, the picture kept repeating itself day in day out from waking up till falling asleep.

if its a death far away from you it wont touch you, we are numb on hearing someone died. but if its a death near you (or in your country, your social environment) which was utmost unnecessarry and “unplanned” it will shock people. why? because it could have been them as well who got killed, in a every day situation without any warnings or signs that they will die, they died. we always immagine that people die for a reason- 30+ people dieing without any reason, right in your neibourhood is something that schocks people.

now to abortions:

this is my opinion and feminists will hate me for that.
imo life stands far above the right of any self-determination. that means that if you are pregnant the life of the child goes first. and not only from week 13 but from day 1.
nevertheless people are forcing agendas that abortion should be as easy as taking a pill against a headache.
no they should not.

today we have a countless possibilities to not get pregnant. condomes, pills, operations etc etc.
who ever got pregnant “by incident” was just too lazy to take a pill or put on a condome.
this lazyness should not be a justification to kill a child. the reasoning for “a child too early ruines your future perspectives” is just as hypocrate as any other reasoning. if you value your future perspectives over your own child you can always give him to adoption to a family that can not get kids, or put him in an orphantage. but killing is the utmost dumbest, laziest and most selfish “solution” to this.

2 Likes

Seizing the opportunity afforded by two mass shootings over the weekend, Barack Obama launched a thinly-veiled attack on President Trump and on the status of gun laws in the U.S.

Here’s an article from The Hill

This is the same Obama who once advocated fighting the Republicans this way —

“They bring a knife … we bring a gun.”

This is the same Obama who loved the imagery of the “finger gun”,
and practiced his cool look in front of a mirror —

1 Like

It does appear from Wikipedia that Obama was all over gun control - when he wasn’t president. Although President for 8 years, he did nothing significant to further gun control until after Sandy Hook, 4 years into his presidency.
I’m not in the US: is Wikipedia giving an accurate impression?

1 Like

unfortunately yes.

while you are on the stage, the gun lobby has a big control over you. they are one of the main supporters for any presidency.

now that obama must not be reelected he can say what he really thinks.

this is a pattern seen in many presidents, not only democrats but also republicans, once they retire they change their views on guns.

Most likely a battering ram.

1 Like

I mean if we’re talking about guns…

Trump joked about killing people.

Three months before one of the deadliest public mass shootings in U.S. history, allegedly driven in part by white nationalism, President Trump asked a Florida audience how to stop migrants from crossing into the United States.

“How do you stop these people? You can’t, there’s —” Trump said, cutting himself off as a rally attendee yelled back, “Shoot them.”

Trump paused and smirked, before responding, “That’s only in the Panhandle can you get away with that statement.” The crowd cheered for nearly 10 seconds before Trump continued.

Just a joke… from the President of the United States. Plenty more of that.

1 Like

I count 13 mass shootings of 10 deaths or more during Obama’s time in office, most horrific being the Pulse Night Club here in Orlando where a gay Muslim killed 49 in the mostly gay bar. Guns sales were at an all time high during Obama’s term, it would be interesting to know just how many of the shootings happening now involved guns purchased during Obama.

Side note guns sales have been way down under Trump, I know of 3 gun stores near me that have closed.

And yes Obama came to power with a super majority in congress, He and the democrats could had just erased the 2nd amendment put instead choice to use his super majority to payoff the medical or drug lobby with the mandatory Obama care

Democrats talk a lot when out of the white house but don’t walk the talk when they have the power

1 Like

and just who is the gun lobby, everyone points to the NRA ( National Rifle Association) but with just 5 million members their annual dues would only finance a hand full of senate races. So just who is the gun lobby and how big are they really. I suspect the gun lobby is really the Military industrial complex , spreading war all over the world and including our own neighborhoods

Well maybe it was the gun lobby that stopped Obama doing something meaningful in gun control for 4 years. Not that he necessarily did the right thing even then but politicians always say that thing, “Something needs to be done” and then they think of something and then because that something is something and its not nothing they must be right.

But if the gun lobby was really so powerful, and backed by the most powerful military industrial complex the planet has ever seen, how come Obama suddenly decided after Sandy Hook he actually could do some things with gun control and went ahead and did them?

This lobby or that lobby always sounds like a good cover for being a useless self-serving politician. But it doesn’t sound like an all-powerful cabal else they would have stopped Obama wouldn’t they?

1 Like

And just what did Obama do, and did it have any effect, below are all the mass shootings that took place after Sandy Hock while Obama was still in office. Everyone seems to focus on the weapon, a gun is only a tool, That does not explain what is driving people to commit these acts of violence, figure that out and we might be able to put forth some real solutions

column far right is number killed

Visual depiction of mass shootings since Sandy Hook. I think it’s been shared here before.

This year alone, 253 mass shootings (calculated as four or more people, excluding the shooter, being shot but not necessarily killed).

Staggering.

This article from Money and Markets appeared in my emailbox. The article is clearly critical of the Republican Party’s stance on gun rights, and it’s clearly critical of the National Rifle Association (NRA).

I’ve been a Republican since I was old enough to vote, and I’ve been a member of the NRA since forever. So, understandably, I wasn’t thrilled with the conclusions reached in this Money and Markets article.

At the end of the article, there is a poll — for or against stricter gun laws — so, I decided to vote in their poll. I assumed that, if the conclusions in the article were accurate, then my “no” vote would be swamped, overwhelmingly, by people voting for more draconian gun control.

I was surprised at the results —

2 Likes

That’s one hell of a jump from 13 over 2 terms in office to 255 in the first 8 months of this year.
Another huge “success” that Crazy Horse Trump can brag about to his redneck right wing minions.

1 Like

Sure, gun control regulations are the wrong approach. But taking the wrong approach because at least it is an approach is always good for politicians - their supporters become more entrenched, and some undecided voters might be drawn to vote for them, which is the real prize.

The gun lobby is neither powerful enough to stop gun regulation nor the cause of mass killings. The problem is not so binary and neither gun control nor gun lobby control are right answers.

2 Likes

The NRA is always the first to be blamed even before the killer himself , But are any of these mass shootings being carried out by NRA member, I can’t remember that ever being the case and if a NRA member was ever the gunman you can bet the news media would make that the focus of their coverage

And what do they mean with that question " Do you think the U.S. needs stricter gun laws?" that could mean almost anything.

But I am willing to compromise, and here is my proposal

I will give up my right to own a AK47 , AR15 or any other military style rifle, if the Left will in turn outlaw late term abortions. I think that is a fare trade

1 Like

Carlos , I was pointing out mass shootings of 10 deaths or more, the FBI calls any shooting of 3 or more a mass shooting , you owe all us redneck right wing minions an apology

But back to the stats just like they do with so called “Hate Crimes” the news media cherry picks these stats to fit their agenda, Most so called " mass shooting" involved 3 to 5 deaths and most of those are cases of domestic violence ( family members killing family members) next comes of the gang related shootings., Remove these two groups from your 255 number and we might have a better idea of the scope of the problem.

1 Like