Political Opinion

You put too much faith in these guys? You know the same could be said about you.

Do you believe the democrats are saints and that corporations don’t have them in their pockets also?

I’m not sure you have a grasp on redistribution on wealth. If my ceo took his entire salary and spread it among his employees, that would be an extra $30 a year per person. Do you realy believe that’s fair to take a way a guys salary who is the reason you even have a job for an extra $30 a year?

If I was being heavily taxed I would move my business elsewhere. Let another country’s economy benefit. It’d be clear the U.S. doesn’t want my business.

You do realize the bill that was supposed to protect you from losing your money faster, is also the bill that caused banks to lay off employees and add fees to their customers?

The problem with America, is the fact that we don’t follow the Constitution and the Federal government has usurped way too much power… the problem with America is the fact that ignorant people think that corrupt government bureaucrats are somehow morally superior to people in the private sector.

YOU put too much faith in the government. The government’s policies are pushing jobs overseas. Again, look at what happened to the wage vs productivity chart the INSTANT we went onto Fiat. Look at when the mass exodus of manufacturing jobs occurs. Do you not see the consequences of government actions? Look at how all the regulations on businesses have made it inequitable to produce here.

I could care less about how much Mitt Romney makes. The only wealth I despise is the wealth that lobbyists, bureaucrats and politicians steal from taxpayers and the wealth that corporations earn because of regulations that they lobbied for that price small businesses out of the market and reduce competition. Those are the millionaires I can’t stand. That’s not Capitalism. That’s Crony Capitalism.

It’s unfortunate that, because of our monetary system and government regulations, it is more profitable to ship jobs overseas, but that isn’t Mitt Romney’s fault, it isn’t the fault of the free market and it’s not the Constitution’s fault either. It IS the government’s fault. In a free market, it would be more profitable to do business in America, especially when you calculate the increased expenses that would come from shipping goods across the Pacific.

As I said before. Prior to the 1970s when we had a gold standard… when we had fewer regulations… when the economy was freer than it is today AMERICA EARNED MOST OF THE WEALTH (and we had almost no debt). Entrepreneurship were coming here. Jobs were being shipped here. We made the best quality goods in the world, had the highest paid workers in the world and we made the cheapest products in the world… That’s what happens when you have more economic freedom.

We abandon the gold standard, we add needless bureaucracies and regulations… POOF. The jobs go to overseas. Your theory failed already.

And it says alot about you if you actually think businessmen get a kick out of firing Americans so they don’t go broke. You have been brainwashed. Where did you get the idea that businesses are so evil and unconstitutional regulations are necessary? Is it just something that you started to believe after you felt your money was stolen from you when you gambled with it? Believe me, businesses would much prefer to hire Americans and produce things in America if they could do it profitably.

Also, can you please find me the part of the constitution that says the Federal government can regulate profits? That would be great.

None of your views are legal under the Constitution, so therefore they are moot to me. Now obviously the bureaucrats will love passing the illegal laws you propose, they get tingles up their legs every time sheep like you give them more power.

Find me the clause within the Constitution that says the federal government can legally put these ungodly regulations on businesses.

Romney’s job was to increase the efficiency of the business. If it’s more economically efficient to ship jobs in China, that is where the jobs will go. Businesses try to maximize profits regardless of what kind of dead beat government you support, (Unless you support a government that totally bans businesses… I wouldn’t be surprised)

It’s evident. Right during 1971, wages started to decline. Reagan wasn’t president until 1981. Read up.

Here’s a simple question. Does America have more or less regulations than it did prior to the 70s? You keep spouting all this nonsense about deregulation, and yet we add thousands of regulations each year. What’s the deal? I thought the more Federal regulations we get the better things would get… Why are they getting worse?

Also, you keep ignoring the fact that UNDER A GOLD STANDARD and WITH FEWER REGULATIONS, the US economy grew at an enormously faster pace than it has at any point after we went to fiat money and it’s not even a close comparison. And again, there was almost no consumer debt and public debt… So we were growing faster, people could afford things without being held hostage by their credit. The only reason you like fiat is because it always lead to a more bloated government and on a gold standard the government actually has to be accountable.

As far as the Great Depression, wasn’t the Federal Reserve supposed to prevent that? Oh, wait… They caused it. It’s also interesting to note that in 1921 there was a crash much larger than the one that occurred in 1929 as result of World War 1… The government didn’t get involved in that crash, and yet the economy came out of recession in less than 1 year… Fast forward to 1929. The FIRST time the government tries to shorten a depression with tariffs, job programs and all the BS you support, and we end up getting the Great Depression. FAIL. And it wasn’t until after the massive war spending that the economy started to thrive again. All the Keynesian said the economy would go into serious recession if the war spending stopped and the government budget shrank. Well, it didn’t. In fact it created an economic boom that lasted until the govt screwed everything up again by breaking the Bretton Woods agreement and writing checks they couldn’t cash.

Oh, and Reagan isn’t my hero… Mitt Romney isn’t either so quit making these people out as my Idols. I’m a libertarian. Reagan added trillions to the debt and didn’t do nearly as much as one would hope for in terms of cutting, bloated, fat, unnecessary, worthless, unconstitutional, corrupt government… You know, the crap [I]you[/I] support. That said, Reagan was significantly better than any president that we have had since Grover Cleveland. But the bar had already been moved. Once statists like yourself chain our economy with illegal laws, it is very hard to break the chains. And it’s unfortunate that Reagan wasn’t able to cut as much as he wanted.

I want more freedom, you want less.

To you, people are pawns on a chessboard. Their dreams and desires don’t matter. You think that some corrupt fools in DC should dictate every aspect of our lives. I want people to be able to pursue their dreams without the government shackling them. I want people to go from rags to riches, and I don’t appreciate it when hypocrites like yourself accuse them of being greedy and evil.

The fact is, you ARE a hypocrite. You wanted to get rich quick, otherwise you wouldn’t have gambled away your money with such high leverage.

Proof: “It takes too long to get rich using professional risk management with paltry sums of capital, how do some people increase their account size by 1000 percent in just one month?” - You

You wanted to get rich and you failed because you don’t know how to trade. Now you are jealous of other rich people and you want the government to shackle them. It’s sad really. You feel like a victim and you want everybody else to feel your pain. You are the selfish one.

The banking industry is fraudulent, they don’t need anymore jobs until they clean their act up. Manufacturing is what employs most Americans, and that is what guys like Romney make millions of dollars in profits from, when they ship those jobs to China.

You are supporting millionaires, in a thinly veiled attempt to make them appear as victims of regulations. They are making too much money, and should take a pay cut, to keep jobs in America, it does not mean they will go out of business, that is ignorant.

Yea not everyone can fire thousands of people, and send their jobs to china, so that they can get rich quick like Romney now can they?

FOREX is a scam for the rich, their the only ones making money here, 90 percent of traders lose, that’s fact, and that’s looking more like America under Republicans.

Who doesn’t want to get rich? But the game is tilted in favor of your idols, the business men, so they must be shackled to create a more fair game for everyone else.

No. They had to lay off workers, middle class people.

I’m not trying to make them out to be victims. Where did I say that?

Money doesn’t scale the way you think it does. Also, you nor I, know why he did, what he did. You’re assuming he did it just for the money.

How about we allow the free market to take hold in America so that foreigners in-source to America? So that we actually produce wealth again. America has one of the highest corporate tax rate in the world. It is 35.6%. That is almost double the world’s average. I mean, what the heck, the people that started this nation were complaining about a 3 pence tax on TEA. Are you so incredibly incompetent that you don’t realize that these things impact how businesses perform and where businesses go to do business and get labor? That’s just one example of a policy that is detrimental to business in America.

Let’s say you are a venture Capitalist and have 1 million dollars and are trying to make a lot of money? Are you going to stick money in a overly regulated country like America where your business will most likely fail and the profit margin will be much smaller, or are you going to have it in a place like Hong Kong where the regulatory environment is much more business friendly and you stand to make profits?

The best thing to do is to start your business where it is the most economically viable.

Also, let’s say you have a company in America that is failing (like the ones Bain Capital took over). If it is too hard to get them to work are you just going to totally end the business and end all the jobs, or are you going to end all the jobs and move the business overseas so you can still make money? Either way Americans are going to get laid off.

RICH PEOPLE ARE NOT EVIL. Quit being a whiny child, it’s pathetic, you obviously have no self respect.

What if I want to be a basketball player but I suck and I’m not willing to improve? Is it my fault that I suck or is it the fault of the NBA players that are better than me? It’s MY FAULT. It’s not there’s. Not everybody is meant for trading, not everybody is meant for the NBA, not everybody can be a professional singer, not everybody can run a software company. People are different. We have different talents and skill sets. If you are not good at something, you work at it until you get better, or you concede that it’s not meant for you and go on to something else.

Trading isn’t your thing, and maybe it’s not the thing for the 90% that fail, but you certainly shouldn’t shackle the people that are good at it. Is that really fair? It’s not fair for the people that get shackled.

LIFE IS NOT FAIR, DEAL WITH IT. The government can’t make it more fair (at least not legally). And your definition of fair is theft for somebody else, which is not Fair.

Now, you can keep complaining about how you lost your money trading, you can keep blaming the people that are profitable, you can call on the government to make the other people suffer too because you are jealous… OR, you can try to get better, look into a different career, develop some of your personal skills and talents. The fact is, you are wasting your time, my time and the time of everybody on this forum. Instead of complaining you should do something to better yourself, not call on the government to make life worse for other people so you can feel like the productive traders received “Justice” for your losses. Life isn’t fair. Deal with it. Almost all of those “evil” rich people (Including Romney) have failed at some point in their lives. You would be surprised at how much money they have lost at points, in the process of accumulating wealth. The difference between them is they didn’t go into fetal position and blame everybody else they kept going.

Companies are at the mercy of shareholders also. And one of the jobs of a CEO is to create value for shareholders.

Yes. Some people tend to think the execs get all the profits.

I’ve met people who think profits should be capped. They don’t seem to realize that would cripple middle class people who have investments for retirement.

One thing I would like but can’t figure out how to make work is. A full time employee gets so much of a percent of the company. But I know that would mever work people would just cash out ASAP and all.

Some companies do offer profit sharing

As a bonus? Ours is performance based. have to be under so much waste and have under so many safety accidents. I’ve always wanted a profit sharing bonus lol. I was thinking a bit different tho. Like as a shareholder you would own so much of the company not just them paying you but you could vote and all. Plus companies are always adding onto someone making them do more work instead of hiring someone else. Cutting costs to increase profit to make sure the stock price goes up. That’s fine but I better be getting something too lol.

Actually, I just checked. There are employee owned companies.

Yea I’ve seen one that’s where i got the idea. I wonder how they work out i would think there’s a lot of people trying to take advantage. I guess I’ll google lol

How dare you say Romney failed in life? He was born with a silver spoon, his father was rich and gave him capital to invest in businesses. Most rich people are evil, they are born with silver spoons like Romney, then go on to exploit the middle class to get even richer.

Venture capitalists make their money from this country, the USA has the biggest middle class and biggest consumer base, all they are doing is concentrating wealth into the one percent until there are no more American consumers left. If they get rich here, then they have to keep the wealth here, and face higher taxes.

You really think the really few business men like Romney, who fire Americans to make a quick buck, build this country? Have you spoke with Warren Buffet? All this elite group does is move around money, to make money, they aren’t responsible for any productivity. And because they have a lot to move around, they can be thieving to the under classes, as FOREX is a good example of.

You are mistaken, the businesses that build this country certainly don’t outsource labor to China, they can’t afford to.

You’re bashing Romney, and you said George Soros had the moral compass to help you out. haha

I really don’t understand the hate for the kids who were born with a silver spoon. So what. Somebody had to mine the silver to make that spoon. There’s nothing wrong with passing it down the generations. A lot of the silver spoon kids still end up working.

All my capital, came from me. I worked for it.

Once again you don’t even read what I post in its entirety.

Here we are at a time when the greatest benefactor the world has ever seen, as far as producing material goods, is under greater attack than it has been in recent history. And the attacks are so unfounded and so unfair… and frankly, so deranged. Made by people like you who wouldn’t even have the leisure time to make these arguments had it not been for the pampering that the market provides for you.

A poor person today lives a better life than a king did for the vast majority of history. A poor person in the United States today has a higher standard of living, higher quality healthcare and more opportunity than the emperors of Rome. All of the kings of the past would trade their empires for a car, dental care, or air conditioning. You take so much for granted, it’s not even funny. You only care about relative wealth not absolute wealth, In other words you are envious of other.

You are a crybaby Capitalist. You can’t take your losses. You were preaching Capitalism when you were trading, but now since you lost, the rich and people that create jobs are evil. What a joke.

Your argument that most rich people inherit all their money is pure fraud. Do you just pull this garbage out of a hat and then spout it as fact? 80% of Rich people are first generation millionaires, meaning their parents were not wealthy. And I would say that many people aspire to become wealthy so their children can enjoy a better life than they did… The fact that somebody inherits money is not evil. When you constantly bark out that most rich people are evil, you really make yourself sound incredibly dense.

So let me get this straight, venture capitalists like Romney who use their own money, are less preferable to venture capitalists like Obama that take taxpayer dollars and funnel them into companies that donated to his own campaign, many of which end up failing and the money is gone…? Yeah, that doesn’t make sense. Listen, there are some rich people I can’t stand too. Such as the rent-seeking, political entrepreneurs that gain their wealth by getting the government to subsidize them or pass regulations that kill their competition. Those are the rich people I don’t like. People that gain wealth by making businesses more productive or by creating a product or service that improves society should be praised, not hated. They EARNED their wealth by making better quality products and services that are more affordable for the public. Yeah, they are evil alright… facepalm

Again, it is a shame that the politicians have made it so unprofitable to do business in America that businesses are forced to leave.

I am not mistaken, the businesses that outsource labor to China can’t afford to stay in America. That’s why they leave.

Like Internet in America? That stuff gets me hot fast.

That is corruption mixed with flawed logic, do small businesses outsource labor from China? Only evil perpetrators of middle class exploitation, like Romney do.

The problem with you people is that you look at the worst in the world, and use that as an excuse not to build America, so that the pockets of the holy wealthy capitalist can get even fatter. So what if our poor have it better than the rest of the world, does that make it okay keep the standard of living, or worst lower it even more, to satisfy the moral compass of rich evil doers who don’t want to pay more taxes to build America? No, that is ignorant, and that is the reason why our country is failing.

I am not against capitalism, and people like me aren’t as well, but it must be monitored to be equitable for the majority of people. Or else the chrony capitalists like Romney will continue to take advantage of everyone else. We need more Rich with a moral compass like [B]George Soros[/B] and [B]Warren Buffet[/B], who support more taxes and regulations, starting with finance, including FOREX leverage to 10 to 1 instead of 50 to 1.

And there is nothing wrong with government making investments in the market, if not we will depend on dirty fossil fuels that spur wars in the middle east, and destroy our environment.