Political Opinion

and there lies my problem I would not be free if I moved to Texas. Like the song goes all my ex’s really do live in Texas. I didnt plan on it they just all seem to have moved there. I am not one for conspiracy theories but it dont take a genius to figure out something it not right here.

LOL @ Crooked Charlie trying to be a voice of reason.

Amazing what a few years does to perspective;)

I thought I might add, to the people like Sman that thing traders are “evil” and speculation is wrong, take a look at this chart.

You can’t trade onions, you can trade crude oil. Which looks more volatile?

what your chart also proves is how much gas at the pump has gone up, in relation to the price of crude over the years…there is so much fluff between the ground and the pump now, and effects of inflation. Look at the price of crude right on Obama’s inaugaration day, when gas was $1.87 a gal (here in TX) and how much it is now in relation…not a big enough difference to make sense!

How quick you patriots lose your patriotism under our new President, these businesses are unpatriotic as the rhetoric in this thread is.

They are laying off people based on principle, and/or because they are horrible businesses to begin. If a business can’t afford to give its employees health care, pay higher taxes to build its country, then it can shut down because its running a bad business model.

We don’t need these businesses in America, they do nothing for the American people when they outsource jobs. Under this administration business who outsource will face tax penalties, and those who keep jobs in America will face tax cuts. Why don’t Republicans come up with this? They are greedy evil doers, who want to ruin the country.

Oh and most importantly concerning FOREX, regulating the finance industry means putting a stop to insane leverage limits who only benefit and/or make the rich richer, when people lose their accounts using higher leverage.

The FOREX leverage WILL go to 10:1 when more comprehensive regulations beyond Dodd-Frank are passed in the near future by Democrats and this administration, because it is irresponsible any other way and everyone here knows that.

Keep the jokes coming.

Clearly the guy living off the government dole and gambling away his life savings knows the most about how to run a business and patriotism.

Here’s how the government works:

1. ruin something and create disaster
  2. declare state of emergency
  3. expand power to cope with emergency
  4. go to no. 1

And then fools such as yourself totally eat all of it up.

These teeth that the you are putting into the government’s mouth are going to chew your butt off one day. How hard is it to understand? It’s just one simple loop of logic, the whole system of government was originally formed around the idea, and yet nobody understands it. This is the first country in recent history that died of stupidity.

I hope Keynesian “heroes” like Paul Krugman get a 91% tax rate and you ban Forex all together, along with everything else…

I say do it and let’s watch this country burn. I can’t wait to see the mass exodus of rich people and businesses to foreign countries.

Honestly, you haven’t the slightest clue of what patriotism is, if you think it is complying with bans and having high taxes. This country was founded by people who started a riot over a 3 pence tax on tea… get a clue.

Here’s what some REAL patriots had to say in regards to theft… I mean taxation.

“The Republic will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.” - Thomas Jefferson

“To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.” - Thomas Jefferson

“I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.” - Benjamin Franklin

“The moment the idea is admitted into society that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence.” - John Adams

There are loads of quotes like this.

But of course, this doesn’t comply with the narrative you have been fed, and assuming you actually even bothered to read past the first sentence of this post (Highly Unlikely), you would just count the founders off as evil rich people as well.

You have no clue of economics, no clue of how to trade and no clue of history.

Kissed by a Dementor…higher than a kite…let’s vote you in for President…oops, we already did.

Yup… Troll.

Just shows up every few days to drop another stupid bomb on a smart crowd just to rile the waters.

… which makes me wonder why so many people keep replying.

I bothered to do so only once, and that was mainly because I was looking for a reason to post the ‘Picard Facepalm’ pic, hehe.

Just ignore the moron.

Cheers,
P.

Sometimes stupidity is entertaining to make light of.

hehe, yah … but this dude is too repetitive to be entertaining.

He keeps saying the same things, over and over again: ‘Republicans are evil … forex is a scam … gimme free lunch’.

Give me free lunch I am hungry. MMMMMMMMMMM doughnut :>)…

SMAN, you want a posterchild example of “insane leverage”? Here’s one… During the dark days leading up to the housing meltdown, at least in Riverside County, CA we had Democrat Assemblymen teaming with local charities to offer home ownership to the “less fortunate” for ZERO money down. Believe it or not – the charity covered the entire downpayment, PMI, etc. Does that sound like a smart idea to you? It was for the Democrats – got them re-elected and that’s all that mattered to them.

As to the issue of FOREX margin, you’re completely missing the point that investment risk is measured by the actual amount of capital you are putting at risk. Margin is meaningless in itself – it’s just a tool (to be used with respect).

For example, let’s say a small investor is tired of waking up to huge overnight price gaps and realizes he needs overnight access to the markets. He is conservative minded and thinks the S&P500 is a good place to start. So, he goes to research the CME website to check out S&P “Mini’s”. He notices the “Mini” has an exchange margin requirement of about 20:1, but that’s totally irrelevant to him as he goes into “sticker shock” seeing that each contract is worth $70,000. “Must be some new definition of the word “Mini” not yet in the dictionary”, he mutters to himself.

Then, he discovers babypips.com and Clint’s fabulously helpful forum on “going offshore to escape the CFTC”.
He realizes that he can set up an offshore account with a FOREX broker such as FXChoice to trade the 24H S&P CFD in lots starting as small as $700. And the leverage available is twice the CME’s, so he can control each S&P microlot with a mere $20.

So, SMAN, I ask you. You can choose between a $70,000 S&P “Mini” contract with $3850 margin requirement or a $700 FOREX CFD with a $20 margin requirement. Which investment poses the greater risk?

And yet US regulators :36: are perfectly content allowing small traders to risk their entire life savings with outsized CME contracts before they’re ready. While the smaller CFDs intended to benefit retail investors have been declared illegal. As self-proclaimed spokesman for the Democratic Party I ask you, SMAN, what is your excuse for this insane perversity?

From examples such as this, I have concluded the Democrats WANT small investors to FAIL. They love to see ever increasing numbers of people dependent on their own bankrupt social welfare schemes. Why? Obviously because it increases their own power base.

Forbes magazine describes this phenomena as the “Curley Effect”, named after the sordid mayor of Boston who maintained an iron grip on power for 4 decades in the 20th century. He did this by systematically debasing the local economy. Businesses and the wealthy moved out, thereby increasing the percentage of Democratic votes for him. Clearly, the “Curley Effect” is alive and well in this present administration.

Wow

I’ve been trying to not post in this thread anymore, but I had to say that is a very insightful post.

Yeah, same here.

I guess we can agree that we have enjoyed reading this post … and that we will just ignore any garbage sman will probably spout in response.

Click ‘Like’ on his post, wigglez. :smiley:

Cheers,
P.

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.
(Colin Powell)

Hehe, I never think to click that like button for some reason. There have been a lot of posts I’ve read I liked, but I’m too lazy to go back through them all and click like. haha

I keep forgetting it, too.

But this post really deserves it.

Cheers,
P.

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.
(Colin Powell)

Wow I had decided not to post here as long as sman was still around but after a post like that I cant resist. That has got to be one of the top rank posts on babypips.

Bravo man Bravo I can now have faith I one man if not humanity there is at least a couple of us still alive:35:

Agreed. Only the knucklehead that needs to read it most, never will.

sman seemed to avoid anything logical, or informational. Preferring instead to keep his thoughts closed, eyes shut, and hand firmly in the outstreched position. Not looking for a handshake, but a handout.

I think he assumes an open mind only let’s the cheese inside spoil.

But I’m pretty sure in this case there’s nothing in there to ruin.

What’s funny is I always hear liberals talk about conservatives being old fashioned and closed minded. Then I see them get red faces arguing for their point. And never even consider the other side.