Political Opinion

Aye, fraud can be part of life, there are fraudsters that all of us have to be alert for every day, what I find alarming is the suggestion that because of suspected fraud democracy must be set aside.

I have encountered this argument in Political History before and it has led to the opposite of democracy.

2 Likes

Democracy can not be maintained with fraudulent elections.

2 Likes

Agree, but the US elections haven’t been shown to be fraudulent.
All we have is the losing candidate making baseless claims

1 Like

I’m sure you didn’t watch the press conference yesterday where they laid out some specific infractions that are supported by sworn documents.
But, as stated, no way to quantify the exact numbers.

2 Likes

One little comment on what Dennis is talking about re staying out of foreign wars.

US isolationism was very strong in the late 1920’s and 30’s – largely the result of experience of ww1. Congress enacted laws (Neutrality Acts) that made it impossible for a President to get involved in Asian or European wars – even US citizens were not permitted to sail on a ship belonging to a country at war.

When Japan invaded Manchuria and marched on into China the US stayed aside.

When Italy invaded Ethopia, Hitler invaded Poland including a pact with Stalin, only Britain and France stood up.

When France capitulated to the onslaught Britain stood alone, the best that Pres Roosevelt was permitted to do was lease military equipment to Churchill, no selling allowed.

The thing about enemies of democracy is that they perceive inaction as weakness and in that they are wrong.

And so led to Pearl Harbor – and then a sleeping giant was awakened.

A pic of a banner during a protest march, after start of ww2 but before Pearl Harbor:

ForeignWars

Aye, I’ve encountered this argument a few times in history.

The consensus was that since the system of elections cannot be trusted therefore the notion of democracy likewise.

Strong leadership for the better good then takes precedence, such leadership cannot succumb to fraud. Then sadly the people follow - like sheep without a shepherd.

It helps in that perception if they think the US President is crazy, like they did with Reagan and Trump.

1 Like

Nope - the enemies of democracy hated Pres Reagan because he stood for everything that is Western democracy - a true Republican Democrat.

1 Like

How can you seriously ask that question as though there would be some sort of answer which would not take you into the mad deranged world where such things can be put forward as a rational thought by people whose minds are so handicapped that they can’t even do arithmetic intended for 10 year old children @Dennis3450 ?

Careful mate - there’s no logical argument to be had here !

Racial freakin’ watermelons ! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They’ll be telling children that pumpkins are evil spirits of witches next !

2 Likes

Don Jr. Latest to Test Positive in Trumpworld COVID Outbreak

SmartSelect_20201120-220658_Opera

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Exactly the sort of response I would have expected from an old racist, brought up when segregation, golliwogs, and Al Jolson blackface entertainment was deemed acceptable.
Too old to change or too stupid to learn, or both.
“Father forgive them, for they know not what they are doing”

Thank you for choosing to expend the daily “Two minutes of Hate” demanded in your training manual towards me :slightly_smiling_face:

According to Eric Hoffer in his book on mass movements ;
https://www.amazon.co.uk/True-Believer-Perennial-Classics-Hoffer/dp/0060505915/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=mass+movements+hoffer&qid=1605966334&s=books&sr=1-1

Your ilk have the advantage over those of us who trust in rational argument and logical thought, since your beliefs are fuelled by HATRED of us. Whereas the most negative emotion we can have about your beliefs is to despise them (a feeling expressed by @QuadPip earlier in the thread ) and mostly we just pity you in your affliction.

That is the advantage the “True Believer” has in that we fail to take these derangements seriously enough. There is however a growing understanding among us that it is actually Essential that we call you out and challege statements such as the verbal diahorrea you just spouted in my direction in your endeavour to deflect attention away from the fact that you are not capable of solving the simple arithmetic questions I posted which were intended for 10 year old children

1 Like

if you replaced the Trump face with a Harris’s face on one of your meme’s would that then be called a racist meme, if the answer is yes then you have your answer

1 Like

Three years before Donald Trump ran for President, actor Sean Penn called for reeducation camps for Conservatives, Tea Party members and Senator Ted Cruse, Interviewer Piers Morgan took it at a joke, Penn was not joking, and from things being said by Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and others they do plan if given the power to come after anyone they perceive as thinking wrong

1 Like

You misunderstand, I do not hate you. I pity you and sympathise with your condition. I pray your condition does not worsen and that you can enjoy your remaining days in relative comfort.
I have no intention of being drawn into your silly games, although your obsession with 10 year old children is a concern.
I continue to pray for you and for those who care for you