Political Opinion

What makes you think its racist or may have been deemed racist?

That then is the quality of the conversation we are invited to participate in ? :roll_eyes:

@CarlosRay

I really don’t want to rehash the whole Brexit debate and certainly don’t want to spend all my hours having to prove a point.

If you don’t believe that’s fine, but I assure you the way leave voters were sneered at by more ‘educated and affluent’ remain voters still leaves Brexiteers angry

Just watch a few episodes of Questions Time, interviews with David Lammy, or how interviewers treated Nigel Farage .Better still go walk around some of the council estates in the North of England and ask the people what happened.

As for Winston Churchill, ask why BLM tried to topple his statue.

There have been many books written about Brexit - and likely more to follow

I am sure if you read some of the anti Brexit ones you will read many references to us wanting to pull up the drawbridge, how Brexiteers blame foreigners for all their ills, or how we are all just little Englanders

dude at this point i’m just trolling you, you amuse me, thanks for the entertainment :fu::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Republican lawmaker calls for Kyle Rittenhouse, who is on trial for murder, to be elected to Congress

I think you’ll find that is contrary to forum rules - and probably explains why you are an INCEL :wink:

hey i’m enjoying life and why not get a laugh from people like you, your very entertaining and should be taking as a joke

keep the jokes coming your pretty good at it :+1:

this is why you should never trust the owners of social media platform and should make your own decisions in life

Facebook is reportedly planning to woo Joe Biden by rolling out new vaccine and climate change features

I’m pretty sure it had nothing to do with Hitler
Likewise people with degrees being called racist? Does that include the many from ethnic minorities who have degrees?

Because you’ve realised that you can’t?

People can’t just accuse everyone who disagrees with them of being racist, and I’m pretty sure that isn’t what happened. Sure, some who voted Leave may have done so for racist reasons but saying over half the electorate voted on racist grounds is ridiculous and an insult to those who voted for other reasons.
The unfortunate thing is that the media possibly picked up on the few racists and made it look more commonplace than it actually was, that’s how much of the media operate, unfortunately.

2 Likes

I could be kind and say they are only doing what they think is best for their business

1 Like

@CarlosRay

Yes, I do agree with much of what you say there and when I wrote the post we are discussing it was really the profile of a brexiteer - rather than anyone who didn’t have a degree etc

I did spice things up slightly.

However if you were to give me 1 GBP for everytime the words Brexiteer and far right were used in the same sentence, in the likes of the Guardian or indeed on the BBC I would have a nice chunk of change.

From what I’m am aware of far right usually is a substitute for the word racist, nazi, skin head etc

You are correct the media are very much to blame for all this.

Now I know we stand on opposite divides of the US election debate but again I think the media, whichever side they are on are not helping any type of healing, and are only adding to the mistrust.

2 Likes

I am coming to the conclusion that Molyneux is close to the truth in his reporting of the “r/K gene wars” - All 3 Parts are highly educational !

and I refer to his definition of the ‘Left’ as

“highly verbally adept sophistic and dangerous Bunnies…”

Note you may find this explanation comes in line with your view of economics and the gold standard !

2 Likes

some of these social media platform have their own agenda, they have the power to sway people minds. one great man said if you give a man control of a country central bank and control over the media they can care less who’s the president or makes laws in that country because we control the people not the government

1 Like

China beat the coronavirus with science and strong public health measures, not just with authoritarianism

No thank you - I prefer competition with higher quality people ;

1 Like

from your quote “who get to decide what behaviors are racist”

so i ask you who get to decide who’s high quality people :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Good news the last few days. Firstly, Lewis Hamilton equalled Michael Schumacher’s record of seven World Championship titles.

Secondly, Lewis has lost his court case against Hamilton International, a luxury watch-maker. Hamilton International Limited was founded in 1892, and Lewis thought for some odd reason that he could stop them using HIS surname, Hamilton. No matter that he wasn’t even born in 1892. No matter that the firm did not identify with him in any way and did not use his full name in their marketing. No matter that millions of people around the world were also born with HIS name, Hamilton. No matter that the name probably more correctly belongs to his father, who is still alive of course.

Anyway, its good his case was thrown out. What a driver! What a d1ck.

4 Likes

Looks like we might finally get a deal

(Bloomberg) –

The pound rallied the most among major peers as signs the U.K. and European Union are close to agreeing a trade deal, and the latest progress in the development of a coronavirus vaccine added to optimism over the currency’s prospects.

Sterling rose as much as 0.8% to $1.3381, extending an advance that sent the currency to the highest level since early September. The pound climbed as much as 0.6% against the euro.

However, it goes on to say…

With the market expecting an accord to materialize, a breakdown in talks would see a much larger move lower in the cash market than any rally off of news of a deal.

I’m not a farmer but i know that the milk in my fridge comes from a cow :slight_smile:

3 Likes