Political Opinion

Well done @Johnscott31 I’m always impressed with people who take the time watch what is happening or read extensively about the topic they are talking about. That makes them credible as they have done the work to know what they are talking about and therefore are entitled to their opinion.

How many times do you end up having a friutless debate with ill informed people who do not take the time to educate themselves and therefore have no credibility.

Cheers

Blackduck

5 Likes

The senate hearing was seemingly organized by the Republican party - maybe I’m that’s not correct?

I see that senior Republicans got a court order halting further certifications of elections in the state. The court action claimed that mail in voting is against the state constitution.

The court order is precursor to an evidentiary hearing the judge set for today Friday.

Two things puzzle me.

First why did the Republican party not commence such proceeding back months ago when Trump first raised questions on the system of postal votes.

And second - with alleged ‘massive fraud’ why didn’t they also take evidentiary hearings before now - if it’s so widespread then good chance of finding some evidence that a court will take on board - why did they wait so long and why have they not sought hearings in all the other states.

Cannot understand the need for delay - clearly I’ve missed something in the whole long saga.

1 Like

@peterma

Well as to why they didn’t do this months ago, I don’t think they knew for a fact there would be fraud - and certainly there would be no witnesses to it.

The hearing became public I believe because few if any media outlets believed they had evidence.

As for the apparent lateness after the election, I don’t know but I believe it takes considerable time to get lawsuits together and the sheer number of witnesses will make that harder.

I do believe hearings are scheduled next week for other states, and obviously Sidney Powell has filed suits already in two states.

To be honest I’m a Brit and know very little about US election law, but I am partial to US courtroom dramas and they dont get bigger than this - which is why I’m so intrigued!!

2 Likes

Aye - bet Hollywood will make a blockbuster out of it.

Apparently Sidney Powell got the ‘your’e fired’ thing the other day.

I’m still puzzled why a senate hearing who have no real teeth to hear from witnesses and not a court room - but maybe that’s still to come - who knows…

1 Like

@peterma

No I don’t think she did get fired - she was always on a different case to begin with.

The Trump case is following the mail ballot frauds - Sidney Powell the Dominion Software lawsuits

I believe that it’s better this way as there are likely to be criminal charges filed too in the Dominion software cases, and from what I’ve read it could have caused conflicts of interest to be on Trump team.

With all that said I’m as clueless as everybody else as to what is really going on.

1 Like

My question would be why would the Republican Party spearhead these hearings when so many elite Republicans wanted Trump out. There does seem to be a power struggle between groups within the party, we see the same thing between establishment and progressive Democrats.

Bottom line, this is all about power and they could not careless about the American people

3 Likes

@Dennis3450

Some of the Trump complaints are clear cut wins.

It’s a fact that Penn supreme court broke the law, by saying mail in ballots can come in past a certain time.

Regardless of fraud or not - that was not their decision to make - it had to go to the legislature.

Going back to what @peterma said previously, why this wasn’t brought up before the election we don’t know.

Whichever way you cut it, despite what the lamestream media are reporting there is a good chance Trump is going to stay - which would leave egg on more than a few faces, and more than a few very angry people

2 Likes

Can we all agree mail in ballots and voting without the need to show ID are bad policies at a time when there as so many better technologies that could be used and would count 100% of the votes within 24 hours of polls closing

Maybe I could start a new thread on this one subject, I would like to hear everyone’s innovative solutions

2 Likes

If that were to happen I may need to come live with you as America will implode in violence, remember if Trump voters lose they will just go about their business if Biden voters lose they will burn down the country

Why is this looking more like the plot from Star Wars 1, 2 and 3

3 Likes

@Dennis3450

I do believe that blockchain can remedy some of the voting problems.

As for coming here, by all means but I warn you there more than few US limousine liberals here in Chiang Mai

2 Likes

The problem there is that - even if you have a real suspicion someone is going to murder you - there is little you can legally do before it happens - especially by way of proving your suspicions!

I think that is a serious concern and MAY bias the court to rule against the President.

We had similar over here when we voted to leave the EU - but fortunately it has been held down reasonably well.

The point is tho’ - IF you appease terrorists - just because they threaten you - then you have no self - respect and no right to consider yourself as a “Good” human being !

In the Words of “the Winslow Boy” plaint -

“LET RIGHT BE DONE”

1 Like

We the free people of teh world are watching you and seriously hoping that USA will take the lead in our fight against corruption and power hungry psychopaths - Even in this thread we have people from most continents joining in the discourse suppotrtively by and large.

Even Stefan from Sweden is watching you and praying for the well - being of the free spirited peoples of the world.

We must manage to saty in touch with each other - no matter how difficult they make it for us.

2 Likes

Don’t agree - last time Democratic voters lost and the US carried on - that’s the thing about democracy - you gnash your teeth when you lose but you get on with making the best of it.

My state was on the losing side of the Brexit vote - after the teeth grinding and a bit of crying in our soup we made the best of things (well we hope to do that is :slight_smile:

So pleased to read this
“Asked if he would leave the White House if Biden is inaugurated, Trump responded, “Certainly, I will. And you know that.””
Time to move on

1 Like

Yes indeed - time to settle down and move on to the actual pleadings and the evidence.

Quietly and intently to listen to the witnesses and to refuse to be sidelined and shouted down by those whose own interests lie in covering up the actual Facts and time to await with patience the legal results and thereafter, for the election to be decided as specified by the Constitution and the Law. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

they are hoping : :fist_right: :rage: :fist_left:, anything to make themselves feel better

Trump called Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger an ‘enemy of the people,’ exactly 2 years after he said he’d be 'fantastic

Trump snapped at a reporter quizzing him about his election defeat and said, ‘Don’t ever talk to the president that way’

I think this attack and its timing might be of interest. Iran’s top nuclear scientist, the head of their nuclear weapons programme, has been assassinated in an ambush near Tehran.

The location was near Absard, about 40 miles east of the capital. Maybe the significance of the location will become apparent.

Nobody has yet claimed responsibility for this, but it perhaps makes everyone in the region a little safer. Except for maybe his deputy.

Fists and pig guts fly in Taiwan parliament debate on U.S. pork