Political Opinion

while I’m on a roll!

http://minutemennews.com/2013/02/obama-reported-to-be-dismissing-military-leaders-who-will-not-fire-on-civilians-if-ordered/

Hi pipcompounder,
Here’s another reason not to like California. Read the sordid details on CALPERS – the $230B heinous pile of public servant pork run by union activists that has literally eaten California’s budget. Feeding this beast was no doubt one of the biggest drivers in the tax increases contributing to the ongoing mass business exodus out of state. Not to mention destruction of the middle class.

The Pension Fund That Ate California by Steven Malanga, City Journal WInter 2013

Yep, legalized robbery.

Well, let’s hope the bad parts of Cali stay there. We don’t want Texas to be the next host for the liberal leeches.

Looks like the USA has passed another dubious milestone in our free fall down the Obama sewer pipe…

[B]China trade now bigger than US[/B]

China trade now bigger than US - Telegraph

But don’t expect them to mention this on CNN.

Update 2 days later: Well, Forbes reported it. Good for them.

China have been very clever in structuring their economy. They don’t have to worry about elections.

I watched “Mr. Smith goes to Washington” last night at a 50s party. Amazing how the patriotism and freedom loving that movie potrayed is quickly forgotten today. What happened?

Can’t wait for the day when the yuan can be freely traded. The US Dollar better watch out!

Guns don’t kill people browsers do!

Just like rappers

I dream of a day without Internet Explorer

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.

John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.

John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.

Both wives lost a child while living in the White House.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.

Both Presidents were shot in the head.

Now it gets really weird.

Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.

Kennedy's Secretary was named Lincoln.

Both were assassinated by Southerners.

Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.

Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839.

Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.

Both assassins were known by their three names.

Both names are composed of fifteen letters.

Now hang on to your seat.

Lincoln was shot at the theater named "Ford."

Kennedy was shot in a car called "Lincoln" made by "Ford."

Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.

And here's the "kicker":

A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland.

A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn Monroe.

AND...................:

Lincoln was shot in a theater and the assassin ran to a warehouse...

Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and the assassin ran to a theater...

This would be so much better if it said Kennedy was in Marilyn Monroe

[B]Portrait of a Vampire Squid…photographed while trying to lash out at an unsuspecting forex trader using his sharp claw-like appendages.

Having long ago abandoned the interests of individual traders and investors, he aggressively pursues and destroys all competition for his bankster exchange/brokerage cartel buddies, all the while feeding off the blood of innocent taxpayers.

I’m all for sequestration if it helps cage this lunatic for a bit.[/B]

[B]Here’s a deeply philosophical interview with Legendary investor Jim Rogers. He doesn’t like Obama either. [/B]

Jim Rogers Blog: U.S. Debt: We Have Passed The Point Of No Return

This would be so much better if it said Kennedy was in Marilyn Monroe

some say he was lol!

Well guys, I just got back from an unforgettable weekend. Believe it or not, I was at an event which had former President, George W. Bush, as one of the guests. He was very personable, funny, talked about free markets, some of his experiences as president, and what he is doing these days. I was very tempted to shout out “Yes, we miss you Mr. President!”, which comes from those billboards with his picture on it, saying, “Miss me yet?” He thinks there is still time to turn the tide and current direction of America’s culture. Where I was at is going to be a big part of that. Some people think their only option is to hunker down and wait for some kind of civil war to break out. But what I know is, we still have freedom in America to realized our dreams, and put forth the effort to accomplish those, so, while some of you may sit back and watch the show, feeling helpless, I’m going to be doing my part to show people, they don’t have to be a victim, but they can make something of themselves that inspires others to do the same, and create a culture that attracts other people to want to be a part. It comes as a result of using free market principles, not dependence on government.

I shook dubya’s hand. He came and spoke at my hometown when I was in junior high. It was pretty cool.

Armed guards everywhere.some in towers. He did some things wrong but who doesn’t. Think of what would have happened of we hasn’t gone to war. For awhile there he was had the highest ratings of any president I believe. People forget quickly. It’s called recency bias, it also affects trading. Ie price has been going up its gonna go up. And that’s usually when it makes a top lol.

He did talk about how he trusted his advisors, and how Bernanke and Paulson convinced him to spend our money to bailout the banks. Maybe they did swindle him, but he talked about it from the angle of him not being a banking expert, and relying on advice of others to make big decisions while in office. He himself admitted he did not want to do TARP at all, but he really thinks the “liquidity freeze” would have affected all banks. The thing is, since 2006, the democrats held both houses, so he couldn’t do anything about Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, and the gov’t forcing banks to give loans to people that they already knew weren’t going to pay them back.

Where I was had a very good crowd, I only saw 2 secret service guys, but they made a very big deal about no cameras, phones,video, etc.
Of course there are some things I disagreed with that he did, like how much money was spent and medicare part D, but he’s a perfect angel compared to what we have now.

There is no doubt that he was better than Obama, however he clearly wasn’t interested in free markets. I remember him talking about how it was an achievement that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac would increase their loans to minority markets to more than $440 billion dollars. He also bragged about how the govt was using taxpayer money to help low income buyers make down payments.

The thing that irks me the most was this:

I didn’t like that, either.