Political Opinion

If you only get your news from MSNBC and CNN which is nothing but state ran propaganda then yes they have already convicted him. I refuse to be part of that brain dead mob

1 Like

Just what does it mean to be “Left” or “Right” let’s leave the bird parts out and focus on these two words

To break it down to the most basic form, people on the “left” want more government, which can be in the form of Government programs, regulations, and spending

People on the right, want less government, which can be in the form of less programs, regulations and spending

Now most of us are right on some things and left of others

The most perfect example of someone on the Right would be the Pennsylvania Amish
1a

On the left, you would have everyone who gets a paycheck from Government, be it directly from the government or working for a private company doing contract work for the government. This is a huge number of people and it gets bigger as the government recklessly spends more money

And like race, the government uses the terms left and right to divide the country, again I for one refuse to participate in this division

1 Like

Funny how in America anyone calling for Assange release is labeled Right Wing, even people solidly on the left are immediately called Right Wing for even speaking a word in Assange defence

The weaponizing of words, right out of 1984

1 Like

Yep - mostly modern day media divides us into left and right - then like true followers we do the very same.

My brilliant thinker Mam would have been labelled ‘right wing’ because she taught us the evil of communism and marxism (in the 60’s) and my school teacher would have to be a leftie because he talked about the power of democracy.

These are just brain washing labels - because the Guardian leads with a headline “free Julian Assange” or Amnesty International likewise then the washed dismiss - or Katie Hopkins says the same thing then the other washed dismiss - meantime a guy trying to show the truth is held in a high security prison.

I’ve said it many times on this thread - there is no such thing as left or right - it’s a figment of other people’s thinking.

There’s only truth :slight_smile:

Edit: btw if i’m wondering Quid est veritas? - same question has been posed a few years back.

2 Likes

Today, Americans no longer think for themselves, they rely on media, left and right alike. Media-free societies will preserve the ability of the people to make their own choices and determine what’s good for the future.

1 Like

Never knew there was a hate crime charge.

Broader jury pool sought for Arbery death hate crimes trial

The murder trial in state court was not the end of the legal troubles for Ahmaud Arbery’s killers

Totally agree, it is like we are living the back story to the novel/movie Hunger Games, things will only get better if we refused to fight each other

2 Likes

If you only get your news from Fox News and OANN which is nothing but state ran propaganda then yes they have already convicted him. I refuse to be part of that brain dead mob.

Same difference.

I don’t know if it’s that simple. For instance, I want affordable healthcare. I don’t care if that’s from the Fed Govt, the State, at the City/County level, or directly from the insurance company. I don’t care who provides it. Now it seems to me that the Dems TRY to get it more affordable moreso than the Repubs and for a broader majority of the population. I’m good with that at the possible expense of my own affordable healthcare. Since that’s the case for me in this instance, I’ll lean left on this. If Repubs were to push healthcare to the max like they did the border war and illegals, it’d jump right on the wagon, on this topic.

Like you said, I agree with you that most people are right and left depending on the topic. Guns, as another example, I’m happy to own them and have my neighbor own them. But I don’t want people doing bad things having guns (that’s a whole other topic of discussion). I’m happy to get my background checked 1 time, which might delay my purchase. I already have my guns. I can wait.

1 Like

And there lies the problem, you have been propagandized to believe that all healthcare must be paid for through a third party i.e. government or insurance company. What is wrong with paying the doctor directly. Get government and insurance companies out of our healthcare and cost go down 50%

The difference is most people on Fox and OANN are calling for Assange release,

You are playing this division game again, we have a common enemy and it is not each other

1 Like

Who pay the doctors directly?

I wish it were that simple. While it’s nowhere near perfect, health insurance makes paying extremely expensive bills possible. Cut out the middleman and prices go down? Perhaps. But I doubt doctors would do any better at providing adequate accessibility of coverage to lower income and pre-existing conditions customers. The majority of doctors running their own practices are looking at margins, and it’s not profitable to have patients in those two aforementioned categories. That’s the ultimate problem with a for-profit healthcare system. It always comes back to being a dollars and cents discussion.

Interestingly the whole “power of democracy thing” - when he / she was spouting this to you, had only been tried in the Uk for around or a little less than 40 years !

Prior to that , the dregs of society and women had been prevented from voting by law. So your teacher’s enthusiasm was premature and the direction and motion of teh Western world since that time do not make it self-evident that “Democracy is wonderfully good!”

What we do know is that both Romans and Greeks tried it towards the end of their reigns and that does not seem to have had universally beneficial effects on their own lives !

The facts of the matter do seem to indicate currently that democracy irrevocablty pushes societies in a direction which would have alarmed your "brilliant thinker Mam "

1 Like

So for the benefit of those of us not familiar with your system, could you briefy explain what happens if someone without insurance has a motorcycle accident and breaks multiple bones etc ?

Does the Ambulance simply turn around and leave them where they are ? - or do they get rejected in the hospital and wheeled out into the car-park to expire without disturbing the free-running system of the hospital or what ?

1 Like

Do you think that is really the case ? We humans do seem to be divided into r’sand K’s and through the"democratic system" the breeders (r’s) then try to steal the resources accumulated by the K’s to provide for their own welfare - instead of doing the “decent thing” and starving to death ! :wink:

1 Like

Facts of Life.

The number of poor people will always be greater than the number of middle- and upper-class people.

Job opportunities with a low to moderate income will always outnumber positions with a high to middle income.

There will always be more babies born to the poor than to middle- or upper-class people.

There will always be jobs and industries created as a result of the sububsides that poor people get, just as there are jobs and industries made by drug abuse, alcohol abuse, people going to prison, and current industries will benefit from this like grocery stores, food companies, the medical profession, housing and so on.

It was government subsidies to the poor allowed companies to be created and current companies to exist, businesses and governments alike know this.

You got to go deeper.

so if we say poor people steal resources because they get subsidies, what do we call companies and industries that get government subsidies or do we just say it’s a necessity :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

How Do Government Subsidies Help an Industry?

Government help an industry by paying for part of the cost of the production of a good or service by offering tax or reimbursements or by paying for part of the cost a consumer would pay to purchase a good or service.

corporate welfare : money or aid given by the government to help large companies

welfare to people: welfare systems assist individuals and families through health care, food stamps, unemployment compensation, housing assistance, and childcare assistance.

Unfortunately, 99% of people in the world think from the outside instead of looking inside. That’s what happens when you form your opinion based on what you read, hear or see on agenda T.V. and social media.

Falstaff’s theory is just that, a theory and cannot change anything, but can corrupt minds., Rather than helping, he contributes to the problem

Information is power and most people can’t get pass the surface

Before 1970 everyone

When I was a child my parents did not have Health Insurance, they had Hospital insurance, and that was only used for hospital stays of more than 3 days. And if you did not have the money to pay for the first three days, they would not send you to collections but put you on a payment plan.

as i said before, get government and insurance companies out of our healthcare

1 Like

and divided we will always be, it is human nature. What is not natural is what Government and social media is doing to us. Life has never been better yet people are miserable and hateful, this all comes from Government and social media

1 Like

1a