Political Opinion

[QUOTE=“wigglez;483701”]

I’m not idealizing them. Just trying to understand why they do what they do.

Why so willing to believe our leaders propaganda and not theirs?

Whether he actually is fighting for the reasons he stated doesn’t make what he said about the u.s. any less true.

Nobody said their only enemy were Americans.[/QUOTE]

Our leaders propaganda…? Please point out where I copied a long manifesto justifying senseless violence again?

[QUOTE=“konan;483703”]

If you lived in the 18 hundreds you would have called Apachi’s and Sioux tribes terrorists, but history books still tell it as it was…The white man came to take the land and water which in turn made the natives so desperate that they fought the invasion with all means…[/QUOTE]

No I wouldn’t… comparing Muslim terrorists to Native Americans is way off base.

Nobody here is excusing violent behavior.

[QUOTE=“wigglez;483706”]

Nobody here is excusing violent behavior.[/QUOTE]

Hogarste was implying it… You are implying it.

You had to hear about their senseless attacks from somewhere, no?

Was the invasion of Irak a violent behavior?

Why is it “way off base”??? It seems like a natural response to an overwhelming invasion, terrorism does. Certainly in the case of Israel and it’s allies…Just looking at the issues from a non biased perspective ( your grandchildren will get a chance to read all about it in their history books).

[QUOTE=“wigglez;483708”]

You had to hear about their senseless attacks from somewhere, no?[/QUOTE]

Watching an un cut, un narrated video of woman in Afghanistan screaming as she is being stoned to death by a group of radical muslim men is a result independent research… Raw unbiased information is not propaganda

[QUOTE=“konan;483710”]
It seems like a natural response to an overwhelming invasion, terrorism does. Certainly in the case of Israel and it’s allies…Just looking at the issues from a non biased perspective ( your grandchildren will get a chance to read all about it in their history books).[/QUOTE]

Huh… So in what order were historical events… were Muslim terrorists active before the US ever stepped foot in Iraq and Afghanistan??? Or was it before… Hmmmm let me flip back through history here.

[QUOTE=“yunny1;483709”]Was the invasion of Irak a violent behavior?[/QUOTE]

Was Saddam responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths of his own people? Was that violent behavior… If it weren’t for radical Muslims, we would have been in and out with neglible civilian casualties and the Iraqi people would be living a free life under a free government. The violence and instability they are experiencing is caused by the radical muslim terrorists fighting amongst themselves and targeting civilians, even more so post-withdrawal.

I thought we were talking about the attacks.

I was not and would never approve of any type of violence against anyone. I was simply pointing out that there are advantages to seeing both sides of an issue. To combat something, it helps to understand it.

Radical? Those Muslims aren’t the radical. They aren’t radical that’s their religion the ones who are peaceful are the radicals.

[QUOTE=“Hogarste;483724”]

I was not and would never approve of any type of violence against anyone. I was simply pointing out that there are advantages to seeing both sides of an issue. To combat something, it helps to understand it.[/QUOTE]

We’ve been giving Pakistan billions of dollars in foreign aid… Literally BILLIONS. Yet it is still a breeding ground for terrorism… What more is their for us to do? At some point, you have to admit that poor living conditions are their own responsibility… Especially when billions of dollars are flowing into the country for aid.

Israel started settling and occupying Palestine since 1940’s with huge help from the USA (because allegedly an invisible guy in the sky told them that the land is theirs some 4 thousand years ago). So, then the natives of those lands, the uneducated and poor tribes were like “Wtf, who told you that you can come and steal our land again?”, and then they formed rebellion movements that used savage tactics ( the only ones they knew) to try and preserve their homes and the their craptastic way of life. Enter term “terrorism”.

[QUOTE=“konan;483730”]

Israel started settling and occupying Palestine since 1940’s with huge help from the USA (because allegedly an invisible guy in the sky told them that the land is theirs some 4 thousand years ago). So, then the natives of those lands, the uneducated and poor tribes were like “Wtf, who told you that you can come and steal our land again?”, and then they formed rebellion movements that used savage tactics ( the only ones they knew) to try and preserve their homes and the their craptastic way of life. Enter term “terrorism”.[/QUOTE]

The Jews occupied Israel before Islam was even a religion…

Agree, but what this has to do with USA invasion of Irak?

Was the invasion of Irak a violent behavior?

Actually Saddam Hussein was NOT a radical muslim. He hated al-Qaeda and kept his regime away from Islamic extremists.

In Saudi Arabia are more radical Muslims than in Irak, nearly all 9/11 terrorists where Saudi nationals…

Saudi Arabia justice system is based on Sharia, where women can be stoned for adultery… Why USA is not going after Saudi Arabia and free its people?

… Then USA politicians are supporters of terrorism

[QUOTE=“yunny1;483735”]

… Then USA politicians are supporters of terrorism[/QUOTE]

No… It actually invalidates the argument that America doesn’t care about the living conditions of Muslims and that we are not aware that it creates a breeding ground for the terrorists.

The aid goes towards trying to remedy that… Yet it also is a demonstration how taking these steps is futile… Their living conditions are a result of their own choices.