Political Opinion

don’t let no imbecile sway your opinion, judge for yourself

Ketanji Brown Jackson Fact Sheet - Alliance for Justice

Haha it was a rhetorical question. I know she’s qualified.

1 Like

I had read, and I’m SURE you’ll correct me if I’m wrong, but she was on the DC Federal court for some time and had more then most, compared to her fellow judges on that court of her opinions overturned by the DC Court of Appeals, a “liberal” Court. Her “punishment”?. A seat on the DC Court of Appeals.

1 Like

I’ve only read about one overturned case involving the DHS, where the Judge agreed she had the power to rule over the case, but ultimately sided with the DHS to make the decision themselves. Link to the stats or cases you read about?

Maybe it was the only one than.

If there are others, I’m sure they’ll get covered during her confirmation hearing.

Posted on YouTube back in Sep 18, 2019… So we should have been aware of the consequences…

Hmmm, a bit close to what is actually taking place… NOW!

2 Likes

Speaking of confirmation, I predict the Republicans will hire a black woman lawyer to question her. We have seen this before and sad that women want equal rights but want special treatment at the same time.

Not to change the subject, but this has me confused.
The administration said that they have put no hinderance on the domestic oil companies to produce oil/gas.
But we were told 2 years ago we have finally obtained energy “independence”. But, we are getting 5% of our oil from Russia and have now asked Saudi Arabia and UAE to send us more oil. And we are asking Iran and Venezuela for oil.
If we were energy independent 2 years ago, what happened?

1 Like

Not changing subject at all as the price of oil has far more impact on most Americans than the Supreme Court

Great question, I do know two years ago demand was way down because of covid and many fracking operations went under when oil got really cheap, Also we were canceling pipelines ( Canada) and imposing oil embargos on countries like Iran and Venezuela, Now that our economy is coming back we are seeing energy independence was not based on our country running at full capacity. Still, there is something messed up with the supply chain in oil production for prices to do what they are doing now, I smell a rat in the system

1 Like

…and we all know she will be confirmed. Just a question of how many R’s vote Y/N.

I picked “2 years” at random. You are correct about covid, but I thought it was stated even before that when the economy was roaring?

1 Like

EIA figures for 2021 show a net average export number of 162,000 BPD for energy. Lower than pre-pandemic, but still showing energy independence

1 Like

And it is only the old white Men who have anything in any way critical to say about it - Our Testosterone free sons and grandsons seem unable to do anything except apologise for existing !

1 Like

Now that you mention it, I seem to recall the US was a net exporter, we had more oil than we could use, someone, needs to explain this, I will do some research

1 Like

It was ever thus - See the “War” in Ukraine - you hear nothing except “Women and children” (conflating the helplessness of “women” with that of children - whereas the men from 18 - 60 are simply given a gun and told to “Go and die” (for YOUR land !)

Janice Fiamengo investigates the historical roots of Misandry (Link is green writing)

"Early Feminists Pathologized Male Sexuality - The Fiamengo File 2.0 - YouTube

Note the Vegan and Abolitionist attitude of these wealthy troublemaking wives - even back then !

Soy Boys take note !

Note the Vegan and Abolitionist attitude of these wealthy troublemaking wives - even back then !

Yet Hogarth shows a completely different picture of life - at least for the poor !!

1 Like

“Women and Children” is always used to sell the public on something, like there has ever been a war that only effects men, Remember the first Iraq war and the babies in incubators, it was all a lie to get the American public onboard with a war that we should not have gotten involved with

The irony is the side that claims to care about children is also the side that wants abortion as an option all the way up to the time of labor

Sad

1 Like

Congress introduces bill to allow abortion up to birth, eliminating all pro-life laws

Thanks Small Paul, I stand corrected. Unbelievable that, according to your article “Only 15% of all Americans and 27% of those who are “pro-choice” said they support abortion for any reason up until birth.”
I’ve deleted my post after reading this, there has to be limits on how late an abortion can be performed. Even those with very strong reasons for abortion should be able to make a decision earlier

2 Likes

i agree 100%, it’s not about free choice but it should be a limit. no way people think this is cool, crazy times we live in