Political Opinion

Another good point, but a corporation with more complicated tax issues wouldn’t hire someone like that.

1 Like

Trump Tells Fox News He’ll ‘Do Whatever’ He Can to Tame Fire He Lit

In the days following the FBI’s execution of a search warrant to seize classified documents from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate, agents have been inundated with a flurry of death threats and MAGA supporters have openly called for civil war and acts of domestic terrorism. In fact, one such Trump superfan angry over the raid died in a police shootout after attempting to attack an FBI office in Cincinnati.

It’s impossible for me to support this type of behavior as you do

FBI’s raid garnering Trump ‘some sympathy in some circles’

He will do well in the end. I think this should be his narrative below.

Why Donald Trump’s declassification claim might not be that outlandish

The Scooter Libby case under George W. Bush showed that presidents can declassify materials without a clear paper trail.

Former President Donald Trump claims to have verbally declassified the sensitive records the FBI seized from his Mar-a-Lago compound. It’s not as unprecedented or outlandish an argument as widely believed — if he can prove it happened.

Nearly 20 years ago, Justice Department prosecutors wrestled with the vexing question of whether President George W. Bush and Vice President ■■■■ Cheney could unilaterally authorize Cheney’s chief of staff Scooter Libby to leak to select journalists the key findings of a then-highly-classified intelligence community-wide report on Iraq’s efforts to acquire weapons of mass destruction.

Don’t know where this is going

Supreme Court might put Florida lawmakers, not voters, in position to decide elections

Six of the current members of the Supreme Court are, or have been, members of the Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Studies. Members of this organization describe themselves as conservatives and libertarians.

They are sometimes referred to as textualists because they believe it is the duty of the judiciary “to say what the law is, not what it should be.” They think judges should interpret the U.S. Constitution based on the actual words in the text and what they meant at the time it was written. They believe judges should not consider issues like the intention of the law when it was passed, the problem it was intended to address nor significant questions of justice.

We have seen the decisions they issued in this recent term were consistent with this judicial philosophy. We expect the 2022-23 session to include more high-profile cases.

But see, this is not new. The popular vote is not what elects American presidents. It’s the electoral collage. In theory the popular vote informs the delegates of the electoral college how to cast their votes. But this system has come under more and more scrutiny in recent Presidential elections.

2 Likes

American democracy is a work in progress. It wasn’t finished when the constitution was written and hopefully will never become “finished”.

2 Likes

This topic seems to come up often here, as the US population shifts and voting blocks become concentrated in a few big cities, without the electoral college we could see the presidential election decided by a handful of states with very large cities " can you say Hunger Games"

True, but I see Washington becoming stronger, States weaker, and the voter minimized. That is progress in the wrong direction if we are to keep our liberties

Two more great examples of the Strawman argument, you have taken two extreme cases not part of the original conversation and injected here just to be right about something, If I was to do a class on Strawman Arguments, this thread would be a gold mine of material, no overpriced textbooks required

Stick to the topic

one final thought on none degree teachers, if you had a choice between a business class taught by a teacher with a degree but has never run a business or one of these college dropouts, which would you choose?

1b

Sorry for the three-in-a-row post, I do try to avoid that

you have no understanding of what you said, continue on :rofl:

Amazing , another strawman

If I only Had a Brain- Strawman from the Wizard of Oz

Mr. sensitive, look above you.

Looks like on June 8 Trump attorneys got a letter telling them to secure the basement. Don’t know why they didn’t clear out the room on the June 3 visit, but seems like there was enough there for the investigators to want them to add extra security.

Yes. That was what I was trying to point out when one of the above posters was making arguments both ways. It’ll be interesting to see how this all played out after the government’s visit in early June.

If at first you don’t succeed. Try, Try and Try Again!!!

|
|
And on the other side of the Pacific Ocean…

Another Charlie Foxtrot situation is currently developing…

1 Like

The trump come back is about to start, Trump 2024

Cheney’s loss in Wyoming completes GOP’s near-total capitulation to Trump’s election lie

In a watershed moment for the GOP, Rep. Liz Cheney, the most fearsome and resolute Republican opponent of former President Trump’s lies about the 2020 election, was rejected by Wyoming voters in her own party Tuesday night.

Trump

You could add the pandemic to this list as well,

Sorelle does a great job and this video of hers has twice as many views as she has subscribers, that tells me she is doing something right

1a

I can’t help but compare the strong-armed treatment by the FBI of Former President Trump, to the soft stance they took investigating Hillary Clinton and her “Illegal” use of a private server,

What has people upset is the unequal treatment, we see this now, just as we also saw it in how those who “illegally” entered the capital on Jan 6, compared to how those who “Illegally” took over government buildings during the 2020 summer riots

If nothing else at least give us “Equal Treatment” under the law

I see our TDS troll is posting more Stawmen, when I get time I will blow those over, he makes it so easy

Great dialogue everyone

you use the word US, LMAO you don’t Equal Treatment under the law?

Trump

I was thinking about a quote of the day thread, no commentary or name calling just quotes, limiting one quote per person per day,

How true is this quote

“One of the great challenges in the world is knowing enough about a subject to think you are right, but not enough about a subject to know you are wrong”

Neil Degrasse Tyson