Political Opinion

very good quote :+1:

That Neil Degrasse Tyson quote was posted before your last post, it was not meant for you, but you sure do own it now

1a

Not Going down any rabbit holes today

This sounds good on paper, but this has never happened in America. It only matters to people who are going through it or those they know or know of when they become offended.

Equality before the law means that all human beings have the right to be treated equally before the law. They are also entitled to the equal protection of the law, which means all people have the right to be treated fairly and not be discriminated against because of their race, colour, gender, language, religion, political beliefs, status or any other unlawful reason.

Do you post things like this knowing it will give them a headache trying to figure out what you are trying to say? It reads as 4 random thoughts pieced together, “they become offended” who is “they” and why are 'they" offended .

Please don’t answer, not important

Based on your posts, it appears you are confused, so I leave it at that.

And if that was your goal, then in your mind you have succeeded. I will leave it at that too

No way you are getting me down your rabbit hole of convoluted thought

My apologies Dennis, you had a Murika moment. Let’s move on from here

Well, it’s not really apples to apples now is it?

Handful of emails with classified distinction investigated for over a year versus, packaging up, shipping and storing unsecured, what 30 boxes of classified, top secret and above top secret documents.

How many other presidents have done that? None that I’ve come across in reporting.

How many other politicians have keep private email servers or used unsecured messaging apps? Several come to mind. Powell and Rice come to mind. Half the Trump admin including Bannon, Cohen, Miller, Preibus, Kushner, Ivanka.

And who can forget Trump and Giuliani using unsecured phones during the whole Ukraine aid episode?

Trump’s a big boy. Let the investigators do their investigating.

Nothing will come of it, as usual.

Definitely not normal behavior

Former Presidents Don’t Accidentally Have Top Secret Docs Stashed At Home: Columnist-.

Former President Donald Trump had to be determined to grab top secret files to hide them away in his Florida home, said a Washington Post columnist and associate editor who has covered the White House for decades.

Presidents don’t accidentally end up with such sensitive files among boxes and boxes of documents hauled out of the White House at the end of their term, Eugene Robinson told MSNBC’s Ari Melber on Friday. (They’re not supposed to take any documents, which belong to the National Archives.)

The fact that agents carried out 11 sets of classified documents after their search of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home Monday, according to the warrant and property receipt used by the FBI to conduct the search, is “unprecedented, unthought of,” Robinson said.

“Every president I’ve ever known or watched or observed or reported on, every administration has been very extremely, meticulously careful with top secret information, with classified information,” Robinson added.

Hi dude, somehow I knew if I mention Hillary you would pop up in her defense

For someone worried about comparing apples to apples , you sure do have a mixed bag of fruit in your examples.

seeing how none were raided by the FBI, it would be pretty hard to know, would it not?

Unfortunately, this has become, a my team is good, your team is bad debate.

This TDS is riping the country apart, I sure am ready to talk about something else, maybe something more constructive, what you say

anyway, good to have you in the conversation

A quick little video explaining the straw man , both dems and reps use them, we should learn to recognize them and reject them

1 Like

Dennis, you’re the best, and the straw man must be rejected as you stated

THE STRAWMAN FALLACY AND PRESIDENT TRUMP

In his first rally after his recovery with coronavirus, President Donald Trump hurled an arsenal of new attacks on his opponent Joe Biden- or, in other words, demonstrated his great ability to use the logical fallacy known as “The Strawman.

The Strawman fallacy seems to be one of Trump’s favorite attacks, and he has created a stockpile of them. Some examples of these against the “sleepy” and “stupid” Joe Biden come from his Florida rally just yesterday. Trump stated that Biden “had a plan to eliminate U.S. borders.” Biden however, is only proposing a liberalization of immigration policy, not seeking to get rid of the borders themselves.

He also stated that Biden would “outlaw the private health insurance plans of over 180 million Americans who love those plans.” However, Biden has never even suggested such a thing. He has been insisting under his new plan that people would be able to have the option of choosing private insurance; he merely stated that the public would have the ability to enroll in a Medicare-like government insurance plan with no pressure whatsoever.

In addition, Trump claimed that “he’ll ban charter schools.” Again, this is not a Biden policy — a party unity task force created by Biden and Bernie Sanders recommended a ban on federal funding for for-profit charter schools. However, that is not a total ban and Biden’s campaign released a statement to CNN stating that he does not oppose “high performing public charters.”

Trump said that Biden would “dismantle your police departments.” This is 100% baseless. In fact, Biden proposed a 300 million dollar increase in federal funding for community policing. And besides, the federal government is not in charge of the structure nor size of the local police departments.

Trump Reverses Obama Policy on Surplus Military Gear for Police

Trump’s order removes restrictions President Obama imposed after the DOJ concluded the presence of such equipment inflamed violence in Ferguson, Missouri.

WASHINGTON — Reversing an Obama-era policy, President Donald Trump Monday removed restrictions on the kinds of surplus military gear the Defense Department can turn over to local police departments.

The issue has been a sensitive one since the Justice Department concluded that tactics used by police during 2014’s violent street protest in Ferguson, Missouri inflamed tensions and created fear among demonstrators.

Janai Nelson, the group’s associate director counsel, said the policy change "puts more firepower in the hands of police departments that remain largely untrained on matters of racial bias and endangers the public. Inviting the use of military weaponry against our domestic population is nothing short of recasting the public as an enemy."

It included armored vehicles, grenade launchers, high-caliber weapons and camouflage uniforms.

I’m not a defender of Hillary. I’m about fairness and accountability. Have an investigation. Deal with the outcome.

Having a private server was a dumb idea and she’s said so herself. She’s taken responsibility for it.Did she come up with the idea herself? She didn’t and others in seats of power did the same dumb thing.

Trump hasn’t taken accountability for the docs. His story has actually changed weekly. What docs? Oh those docs, we gave them them all back. Oh those other docs. Obama did the same thing. Oh those other other docs. I declassified them. Oh those other other other docs, I didn’t know I wasn’t allowed to take them.

Recall that the FBI had already been to Maralago before the “raid.” Had Trump’s people not stated that all classified material had been returned, the legal “raid”, or as Desantis put it, officers executing a legal warrant and upholding their duty to law and order, would never have happened.

I’m sure Trump didn’t know what was in the boxes and some stooge got them moved over to FL.

Hillary turned over the server. Had she not, I’m sure the company or her house or office, would have been raided in a similar fashion.

But it doesn’t matter. Nothing will happen. It’s all about scoring political points. FBI/Comey did it to Hillary in 2016. FBI/Wray are doing it today.to Trump.

As it should be

Feds are (finally) turning MAGA threats made to elections officials into maximum jail time

It’s about time.

Hell, it’s past time. By a lot.

One of the conspiracy-infused MAGA idiots who thought it was OK to threaten Maricopa County election officials has been indicted with one count of communicating an interstate threat and one count of making a threatening telephone call against county Recorder Stephen Richer, offenses that could – and hopefully will – get the dope five years in the slammer.

The suspect is 50-year-old Walter Lee Hoornstra of Tecumseh, Mo., a guy with no real connection to Arizona who allowed himself to be brainwashed about election fraud by political scam artists pushing the Big Lie, and who now may wind up paying for it behind bars.

It’s impossible for me to support this type of behavior as you do

this part I do agree, the FBI has become a corrupt tool of the political elite on both sides

Between Hillarygate, Russiagate, fale flags, stings, and now the FBI refusing to disclose their part in Jan 6th , I have zero confidence in this organization in anything they say or any current or future investigation. There needs to be a major house cleaning, and the presidential candidate that vows to do this will get my vote

A New Beginning

a strawman free post, imagine that

2 Likes

Donald Trump The Perfect Strawman

Trump world’s shifting narrative on the Mar-a-Lago docs

It’s a “witch hunt.”

Right out of the gate on Aug. 8, with a lengthy statement confirming the FBI search, Trump used all the key words: “dark times,” “under siege,” “Radical Left Democrats,” “weaponization of the Justice System,” “prosecutorial misconduct,” “political persecution” and “witch hunt.”

First Hillary Clinton, then Barack Obama.

It was no surprise Trump immediately brought up Hillary Clinton’s handling of her emails while she was secretary of State, but in the days following the search, he invoked another name: former President Barack Obama.

As more information was published about the material Trump possessed, and Garland moved to unseal the search warrant, the former president released a statement accusing Obama of keeping 33 million pages of documents, “much of them classified.”

“How many of them pertained to nuclear? Word is, lots!” he said.

I did nothing wrong.

On the day the search warrant was unsealed, Trump put forth a new explanation about why he kept highly classified documents — and it’s likely to be at the center of his legal defense moving forward.

Trump’s office provided a statement to John Solomon, the conservative journalist who is one of the former president’s authorized representatives to the National Archives. The statement said Trump regularly took classified material to Mar-a-Lago, and that he had issued a never-before-revealed “standing order” that documents removed in this fashion “were deemed to be declassified.”

The power to classify and declassify documents rests solely with the President of the United States,” the statement read. “The idea that some paper-pushing bureaucrat, with classification authority delegated BY THE PRESIDENT, needs to approve of declassification is absurd.”

Trump’s former national security adviser, John R. Bolton, told the New York Times he never heard of Trump’s alleged standing order and that it is “almost certainly a lie.”

“I was never briefed on any such order, procedure, policy when I came in,” Bolton told the Times, nor was he aware of such a policy when he worked at the White House or after.

“If he [Trump] were to say something like that, you would have to memorialize that, so that people would know it existed,” Bolton said.

1 Like

Your life changes the moment you choose love over hate!

Never stop loving people, that’s the only battle worth fighting.

Biden to host unity summit against hate-fueled violence

Biden will deliver a keynote speech at the gathering, which the White House says will include civil rights groups, faith leaders, business executives, law enforcement, gun violence prevention advocates, former members of violent hate groups, the victims of extremist violence and cultural figures. The White House emphasized that it also intends to bring together Democrats and Republicans, as well as political leaders on the federal, state and local levels to unite against hate-motivated violence.

3rd Black Woman Charged With Hate Crime for Anti-White Assault on MTA Bus

A total of three Black teens have been charged with hate crimes after allegedly beating a white woman and making “anti-white” statements, according to Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz. The 57-year-old woman was hospitalized as a result of her injuries. As hate crimes spike against Black and brown people, they’ve also been spiking against white people.

As I have pointed out many times we are living the back story of the movie Hunger Games

What the media and political elites want is to keep us fighting each other, that is how they stay in power, I refused to call any of you reading this thread my enemy, let’s remember who is the true enemy and be looking for reasons to form alliances,

Don’t let them divide us

3 Likes