Political Opinion

Wow, I stepped right in to that… I would only argue that a pastor’s job is to teach the lifestyle of the religion, where being a teacher is unrelated to belief system of the church. In other words the teacher can effectively do her job while the pastor can’t.

[QUOTE=“Hogarste;484731”]Wow, I stepped right in to that… I would only argue that a pastor’s job is to teach the lifestyle of the religion, where being a teacher is unrelated to belief system of the church. In other words the teacher can effectively do her job while the pastor can’t.

[/QUOTE]

Not true… If it were a public school then yes… But parents enroll kids in private religious schools for the religious influence and schooling as well… Once the precedence is set that schools can’t make that decision, that paves the way for churches to be unable to hire pastor based on their religious beliefs.

I am all for citizens owning guns…Just wondering, Would you allow bars and clubs to allow their patrons to carry in guns?

[QUOTE=“konan;484730”]
All three wore socks too…[/QUOTE]

You are comparing the shared fundamental beliefs that the three dictators responsible for the slaughter of millions of people regarding citizens rights to socks…?

[QUOTE=“konan;484733”]I am all for citizens owning guns…Just wondering, Would you allow bars and clubs to allow their patrons to carry in guns?[/QUOTE]

I can carry one into a bar… It requires a license though which I have. As long as the specific bar allows it, it’s legal for me as long I do not consume alcohol.

I couldn’t tell what you were getting at before you edited the original post…

[QUOTE=“konan;484736”]
I couldn’t tell what you were getting at before you edited the original post…[/QUOTE]
Yes poor grammar. I end up editing nearly all my posts afterwards as I am typing on an iPhone.

What if they said tomorrow that you can drink and be armed…would you be cool with that?

[QUOTE=“konan;484738”]

What if they said tomorrow that you can drink and be armed…would you be cool with that?[/QUOTE]

I am entirely fine with not being able to lawfully enter a bar and consume alcohol while carrying a gun.

I meant “added to the post with another post”

How about with giving 5 year olds guns to own? or operate…

5-year-old shoots 2-year-old sister in Kentucky with rifle he got as a gift - The Washington Post

[QUOTE=“konan;484742”]

How about with giving 5 year olds guns to own?[/QUOTE]

Common sense goes a long way… Obviously, and unfortunately a lot of people lack it. Allowing a 5 year old to shoot a bb gun would be appropriate… Leaving guns unlocked around kids is never okay.

Allow me to hijack my own thread for a moment, and change the subject back to terrorism.

Here’s a pretty good [B]Frontline[/B] documentary program, which aired just this week, on America’s response to terrorist attacks in the (nearly) 12 years between 9/11 and the Boston Marathon Bombing.

Top Secret America | FRONTLINE | PBS

This [B]PBS television[/B] documentary report is based on a [B]Washington Post[/B] investigation into the secret intelligence apparatus of the U.S. For anyone who values individual liberty, and freedom from totalitarian government, this secret apparatus is chilling.

It’s important to remember that the PBS television network, and the Washington Post newspaper, are in the top echelon of the [B]Obama Sock Puppet Media[/B] — meaning that all of their “investigative journalism” is crafted to serve a political agenda.

Case in point: Nowhere in this 1-hour documentary on terrorism are the words “muslim”, “islamic” or “jihad” used — EXCEPT (ironically) in the brief, translated statement of the “underwear bomber”, who casually admits that terrorist attacks against America are muslim jihad.

If you keep the agenda of the Obama Sock Puppet Media in mind, you will have no trouble separating the journalism from the propaganda in this program.

Here’s the deal…you want all kinds of laws on the books so that as long as we’re not breaking the law, then it must be ok. Well, that pretty much eliminates personal responsibility, which includes parental responsibility. I believe there are basic laws, which we have already, but the individual must take personal responsibility to be a civil human being, and shouldn’t need a law for everything to know what’s right and wrong. Some common sense goes a long way.
China doesn’t have a legit justice system between their allegation and their killing someone. The state is above all, and if they say you die, you die, no trial, no nothing. Sure, they have puppet trials once in a while for gov’t officials, but no honesty involved. We in the US deem people innocent until proven guilty through careful trial. We in the US are against tyranny, and for honest liberty. China, Stalin, etc, are totalitarian, epidemy of tyranny.

What school your kids go to is choice. Choose where to work. Choose what state to live in. I’m fine with California regulating themselves into the ocean, just leave TX alone. They’re my kind of people. If the Fed turns the states into one nation-state by passing so many Fed laws, that no one can get away from, then there’s nowhere to get away.

The problem I have is that basic human rights should not be a state issue. A state should not be allowed to discriminate, yet they have, and still do. It sometimes takes the Federal government to step in to protect peoples rights.

I’m going to check out Clint’s reference, but I do enjoy reading the various points of view people have.

I dunno m8. You were all like “life in prison for all that break any law” earlier. Where is the common sense in that? Don’t you know that you have the biggest prison population relative to the entire US population already?

Clint, you add way more to BP than I do. I appreciate what you’ve done and how you try to help people. I’m willing to maintain as open a mind as I can, but I watched this video on my iPhone, and yes it was left leaning, etc. But the real loss of rights came with the Patriot act, and a fairly clueless president. What is this Obama agenda? I really try to keep an open mind, but just dont see your point. The words Muslim or Islam does not belong in these reports. There are many Christians in Lebanon as well, not just Muslims.

I am constantly amazed at how easily the average American continues to swallow the propaganda about Medicare and how every country is a distant second to the leader of the free world. The U.S is the richest country (full stop), no other country even comes close the wealth of the U.S yet its ranked what 50th in healthcare? There is a reason why we don’t have companies with private armies, also a reason why we don’t allow corporations to self govern or make decisions about public infrastructure. Because at the end of the day, most companies only care about the bottom line…

Clint, you add way more to BP than I do. I appreciate what you’ve done and how you try to help people. I’m willing to maintain as open a mind as I can, but I watched this video on my iPhone, and yes it was left leaning, etc. But the real loss of rights came with the Patriot act, and a fairly clueless president. What is this Obama agenda? I really try to keep an open mind, but just dont see your point. The words Muslim or Islam does not belong in these reports. There are many Christians in Lebanon as well, not just Muslims.