Political Opinion

I enjoyed reading that.

Is affirmative action discriminatory? As SCOTUS weighs that, NJ Asians are divided

Thanks, Clint, great stuff, please post more often

For months I have been saying the democrats are governing as if they have already won the midterms. As Jim Rickards points out, history tells us democrats should see the same kind of seat losses they experienced in 1994 and 2010. If this does not happen we must ask what has changed in the election process, do the people really have a say, or is it all smoke and mirrors

Democracy or Tyranny

2 Likes

Are you sh-tting me, former fed chair Bernanke, the man who turned a blind eye to the events leading up to the 2008 financial crises, has been given the the Nobel Prize. What the F-ck

The Nobel Prize committee has become as corrupt and meaningless as the film industries Academy Awards. It is nothing more than an event where a bunch of politically connected rich people get together to pat each other on the back

You want revaluation, this is the type of thing that leads to it

1 Like

Insofar as White men are precluded by Wokeism from accessing employment based on competence and ability - why should we be surprised that they will go to where their abilities are apreciated ?

I posted a link some time ago to a lecture by Janice Fiamengo which detaled the case of a truly exceptional Physicist who could not get a decent job in a US University - because (openly admitted) of his sex ! - He went to a very prestigious position in a Chinese University and who would blame him ? - Then the ā€œwokeā€ Winge like the quote above that those with valuable skills capitalise on them !!! :rofl:

"Who is John Galt ?"

2 Likes

There are GoFundMes set up for him. Pretty ridiculous fans.

1 Like

Interesting - when you consider what I wrote in the post above !

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œThebeezneesā€],

Thebeezneez

7d

Wow so young! Heā€™s close to being a billionaire with his wife, I think I read.

I wonder how much the UK public cares about that.
[/quote]

TBH - Many of us are pretty pissed about it !

My SIL is a member of the Conservative party - and many other members are saying ā€œif Sunak performs like he seems to be going - Iā€™m voting LABOUR next time !ā€

All I can say is ;

"Me Too !"

1 Like

Just like here in the US, the Republicans give me no reason to vote for them and the Democrats give me every reason to vote against them

Good to have you back

2 Likes

good to be back mate !

Tbh I got bored with talking to people who wonā€™t listen and wandered off to ā€œmend stuffā€ :wink:

Herā€™s a tv I paid Ā£1 for on ebay ;

Itā€™s a 48" Sony (had a pretty simple power supply fault - and I saved it from Landfill )

Iā€™ve now got a stack of stuff in various states of disrepair - to keep me going for a few weeks - and hopefully to bring in a few shekels !

In many ways related to the current political situation - If I canā€™t fix the system - hell Iā€™ll just look after me and mine ! - let the fools look after themselves ! - Iā€™ll be selling them stuff when they realise they canā€™t afford to buy new !

"Who is John Galt ?"

2 Likes

Hello, and welcome back

The so called reverse discrimination against whites has been going on for decades here in the US. The term you hear most often these days is ā€œwhite privilegeā€ again another lie, what there is is class privilege. Wealthy, politically connected people are exempt from the reverse discrimination. Leaving whites of middle and lower class status, a to bear the full load of reverse discrimination. You think this might cause some bitterness?

This has been happening since affirmative action, no need for it anymore, let companies hire as they see fit

Does this mean you are now a conservative Republican? You will not find democrats saying this

Independent thinking, Also, corporations do not have the same mindset as they did in the 60ā€™s

Their only motivation for going overseas is money/pay. I highly doubt they will make the same amount in their own country, and most prefer to stay in the same industry.

It was necessary to take affirmative action at that time, Whatā€™s the opposite of affirmative action? You are hired because you are white, regardless of how well-qualified the others areā€¦all sides have experienced discrimination, affirmative action has served its purpose, and now itā€™s time to move forward. discrimination is evil now itā€™s in the universe/god hands

1 Like

@SmallPaul Such things happen when the economy plummets and inflation goes high. At this time, itā€™s better to stay united instead of pointing fingers at others just because their skin color is different. Discrimination is definitely an evil, which we fight against. Someone mentioned conservative Republicans. I think itā€™s time to be an American and do what a true American would do instead of towing some partyā€™s agenda.

2 Likes

Some universities have 30 to 45% Asian students enrolled, look at what they have to score on their SAT to get into these schools, I respect them

This is why Asian Americans are anxious about checking boxes in college admissions | Chao

The Asian penalty in applying to elite colleges is well known in Chinese-American, Korean-American and Indian-American circles. For years, I contemplated whether my daughter should have had to check the Asian box when it came time to apply to college. After all, with her auburn hair and her fatherā€™s surname, she could pass for white.

According to research from Princeton University, students who identify as Asian must score 140 points higher on the SAT than whites and 450 points higher than Blacks to have the same chance of admission to private colleges.

1 Like

An interesting interview with a UK undertaker re excessive deaths and a reference to US gun laws (last ten minutes)

3 Likes