Political Opinion

Is it “chaos” or independent thinking? I find this vote refreshing and it gives me a glimmer of hope for our future. What we have seen is each republican will remain free to speak their mind and vote to the wishes of the people they represent. Gone ( at least on the republican side of the aisle) is the hive mind borg like mindset that we saw for four years under the borg queen Pelosi

A New Hope

What this vote tells us is the democrats remain in a hive mind condition. They may have a new queen or should I say King, but they are still the borg

1a2

2 Likes

and always will be when it comes to calling out the bad behavior of those ruling my country.

Same here in the US. Now if “global warming” was really the threat they say it is, then the 100 billion going to Ukraine to prolong that war, should be spent here in the US building zero carbon emissions power plants. And by the way “War” is really bad for the environment

It seems more like turmoil and dysfunction, But I do wish the party success in the future, they blame the Democrats for everything, so once again the ball is in their court, time to put up or shut up.

By moving in unison, hives ward off predators and work toward one goal.

As for the country, we can only hope they figure it out for the better.

Two lawmakers nearly come to blows — and other crazy moments from McCarthy’s final speaker votes

The chamber descended into chaos when two lawmakers nearly came to fisticuffs — the frustration of four long days of failing to elect a speaker boiling over. And that was just part of the drama.

Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Ala.) lunged at Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) and had to be pulled away by Rep. Richard Hudson (R-N.C.). It happened after Gaetz blocked Kevin McCarthy from clinching the final vote to be elected speaker in the fourteenth round of voting — and after the rabble rouser signaled he was ready to back down and let everyone finally go home.

Across the chamber, Democratic Reps. Dan Kildee (D-Mich.) and Pete Aguilar (D-Calif.) could be heard shouting “Be civil!”, according to a member who heard the exchange.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/two-lawmakers-nearly-come-blows-081403480.html

Rep. Tim Burchett Accuses ‘Redneck’ GOP Colleague of Drinking After House Floor Fight

So this is rich: Rep. Kat Cammack (R-CO) had randomly accused Democrats on Wednesday of being drunk on the House Floor amid the chaos over the Speaker vote. “They want us to fight each other. That much has been made clear by the popcorn and blankets and alcohol that has come in over there,” Cammack said.

And while the Democrats were indeed trolling Republicans with popcorn, it seems now that there may have been a fair amount of drinking on Cammack’s own side—which devolved into a physical fight on the House Floor after the 14th failed vote for speaker.

The vote followed four days of in-fighting and general humilation in which Republicans called each other narcissists and losers, Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) called McCarthy an “alligator” (swamp joke) and the “LeBron James of special interest fundraising,” Rep. Nancy Mace (R-SC) suggested Gaetz was on drugs, McCarthy cussed at everyone, and Rep. Don Bacon (R-NE) admitted his party will get “pummeled” in 2024 if they keep acting like this. The final night of voting ended with Rep. Mike Rogers (R-AL)—a McCarthy ally—literally lunging at Gaetz over his outspoken opposition to McCarthy and having

https://news.yahoo.com/rep-tim-burchett-accuses-redneck-190500798.html

The UK gave away their wealth of North Sea oil/gas to the energy companies - Norway who share that same sea chose to keep half.

Result is that UK imports majority of it’s gas from Norway - and Norway one of the richest countries in the world with it’s Sovereign Wealth Fund at No.1

Why The UK Lost Its Oil Wealth (And Why Norway Didn’t) | by Jeremy Dyck | BC Digest | Medium

May these words become a reality for you one day, :pray:

Call out bad behaviour regardless of who rules if you are truly an independent - don’t suspect you fall into that category - have you spoken to any families from Ukraine?

Here they are Mothers and Children - Dads and yes Grandads (like you and me) are behind defending their country.

Forced to remain by the Comedian - under pain of death !

Men are disposable - women are wimps ! :rofl:

I wish them success, but it will be interesting to see what they do over the next two years.

Matt Gaetz telling facts?

Some Republicans Walked Out In Disgust During Rep. Matt Gaetz’s Floor Speech

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) got under the skin of some of his fellow Republicans on Friday, causing them to walk out of the House chamber after he said Kevin McCarthy’s support to be House speaker was rooted in his prodigious fundraising.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republicans-walked-disgust-during-rep-214423283.html

This man’s voice was suppressed and his freedom to think independently was taken away.

Kevin McCarthy gave up so much power, he became a puppet. When they tell him to jump, he had better say how high or else, was it worth it?

Kevin McCarthy ‘won’ the House speakership. Now the country will pay the price

He ceded so much to foes, effective veto power over must-pass legislation, greater say over committee assignments, allowing a sole dissident to trigger a vote on his ouster, that McCarthy will spend his shaky tenure, as long as it lasts, balanced on a razor’s edge. One nick and he’s gone.

Far more troubling, McCarthy’s cowardly concessions leave the country hostage for the next two years to an extreme fringe of far-right zealots, who threaten to turn the normal operation of government and such typically routine business, like raising the debt ceiling to avoid default and economic catastrophe, into a cliffhanging drama.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/column-kevin-mccarthy-won-house-053036730.html

Difference is us men are facing keyboards - those men are facing missiles.

1 Like

That is precisely my point - THOSE men are FORCED to remain - whilst their women run away !

1 Like

So there are two sides of the same coin. Ukrainian men are ordered to stay and fight for their country. The other side of the coin is that Russia is mandating men to fight in this war.

You as a leader, are you proposing that men should be ordered not to fight for their country? Fight or let the invaders take your country.

Most countries have a draft, and men can be ordered to fight for their country at any time, You can call it force, order, or a draft, same difference.

Unfortunately, these are difficult decisions in the harsh times of war.

What is happening here?

DOJ reviewing potentially classified docs at Biden center

Special counsel to the president Richard Sauber said “a small number of documents with classified markings” were discovered as Biden’s personal attorneys were clearing out the offices of the Penn Biden Center, where the president kept an office after he left the vice presidency in 2017 until shortly before he launched his 2020 presidential campaign in 2019. The documents were found on Nov. 2, 2022, in a “locked closet” in the office, Sauber said.

Sauber said the attorneys immediately alerted the White House Counsel’s office, who notified the National Archives and Records Administration — which took custody of the documents the next day.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/doj-reviewing-potentially-classified-docs-225623683.html

I say release them to the public, same for those held by DJT , and throw in the ones from Hillary’s private server, lets see just what the government calls classified.

A government with this many secrets cannot be trusted

1 Like

Can you spot the difference between what happened between DJT And Biden’s classified documents

Please allow me to assist you.

Trump responds to Biden classified document discovery, asks when FBI will raid his ‘many homes’

Biden’s legal team notified the National Archives, which took possession of the materials, Sauber said. The documents are now reportedly being looked at by the U.S. attorney general for Chicago, with cooperation from the White House.

The Presidential Records Act requires that presidential and vice presidential records be turned over to the National Archives at the end of a given administration for preservation and to protect classified material.

Notably, Biden’s team notified the Archives and turned over the documents upon discovery, while Trump apparently kept classified materials even after requests from the Archives to return them.

The raid wouldn’t happen if Trump handed over the documents.

Their excuses for bad behavior remain the same.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-responds-biden-classified-document-012326087.html

Funny how every story circles back to DJT. No surprise the former president now two years removed from office will continue in 2023 to be the #1 subject on this thread. For myself I will stick to subjects and stories that have direct effect on me and my family, like our government actions on things like climate change, funding wars across the world, Hyper Inflation, unaffordable healthcare, education debt, border security, the “woke” movement… to name just a few.

God Bless the American people

1 Like

What I got from last week as Damar Hamlin laid on the field in cardiac arrest, and the reactions of players and fans in the days to follow, there is no force stronger than prayer to bring us together,

Bring back prayer to our schools

1 Like

If classified documents were mishandled, then it’s time to hold Biden accountable.

Biden’s aides discovered a second batch of classified documents at another location, report says

President Joe Biden’s aides discovered a second batch of classified documents stored at a separate location than his private office at a Washington, DC think tank, NBC News reported Wednesday.

The report said that it’s unclear how many documents were in the batch, where or when exactly they were discovered, or what their classification level was.

Wednesday’s news comes after the White House disclosed earlier this week that a “small” number of classified documents were found in a “locked closet” at Biden’s old office at the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement, prompting lawmakers on both sides of the aisle to request more information about the files and the potential national security risks.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bidens-aides-discovered-second-batch-210024299.html