Political Opinion

Don’t you think that is totally ridiculous ?

Exactly - you’re getting there !

So what would you tax then ? - Who’s going to pay all the parasites ? - or should we just Print more money and not bother where it comes from ?

1 Like

I’m quite certain you can read.

The parasites also include working-class people who rely on extra help to get by, Europe is known for its Social safety net services.

More Middle Class Turning to Food Stamps, Food Banks For Helps

Once again we get a personal attack instead of an answer to the question I asked ;-

Let me be clear, I have no love for you, I know your kind / ilk

Quad Erat Demonstrandum !

I told you what it was, so take it as you see fit. Enjoy, little one.

As much as the republicans have complained about the influx of migrants for years and have done virtually nothing when given the chance, the current administration has also done nothing to solve the issue, so why hasn’t either party prioritized it?

Deportation is not the problem, it’s border security, which should have been fixed years ago

New York Mayor says “no room” in his city for migrants

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The mayor of New York traveled to the Mexican border city of El Paso on Sunday and declared that “there is no room in New York” for busloads of migrants being sent to America’s most populous city.

Eric Adams, a Democrat, was also critical of the administration of Democratic U.S. President Joe Biden, saying “now is the time for the national government to do its job” about the immigrant crisis at America’s southern border.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/york-mayor-says-no-room-010941825.html

Crisis at the border: How it happened and what is being done

When President Joe Biden took office in January, there was an expectation that changes to policies on the southern border would help reverse the crisis there.

But what resulted was a surge in arriving migrants, some believing that Biden’s friendlier approach toward immigration compared to his predecessor, former President Donald Trump, would make the end result of the arduous process easier.

In addition, hopes of reuniting families of children separated by Trump’s controversial separation policy have also been slow-going and the issue of immigration generally has been a source of contention for the new administration.

Illustrating the turmoil is a dramatic surge in unauthorized U.S. southern border crossings. There were 180,000 just last month, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection – a two-decade high and a 76% increase since February.

During the Trump administration encounters with migrants were lower with monthly totals peaking at nearly 150,000, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection data, overwhelming immigration authorities and leading to overcrowding at Border Patrol facilities. The Biden administration has handled the elevated volume through combination of efforts including the transformation of ICE detention facilities into rapid processing centers and the expansion of migrant child care facilities.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/crisis-border-happened/story?id=78312099

R’s say stop the illegal immigration BEFORE we talk about the one’s here.
D’s say do something with the one’s here BEFORE stopping illegal immigration.
Neither will relent from those positions thus, nothing ever gets done.

2 Likes

BMWs, Rolex watches, Art… You know, stuff only rich people buy. But seriously, even thou most economists see it as a better system than the current income tax system, I think it would be a nightmare to implement. I don’t see this ever happening. Plus to your second point, this would not stop congress from just printing more money to make up for any shortfall. The real fear for me is we will have both a national sales tax and an income tax. This is already happening, for example, there is a federal sales tax on gasoline.

The real problem is congress and their spending,

I say keep the current income tax system but add the “Negative Income Tax” or as some call it " Universal Basic Income ( UBI)

I have done the math, it is workable, but again, changes to the tax system will do nothing to stop congress from overspending

2 Likes

Actually, the R’s have already done their part back in 1986, 37 years later we are still waiting for the D’s to full fill their part of that agreement

Which is why R’s won’t budge.

2 Likes

The D’s don’t want to fix immigration, Just like abortion, they want to keep it as a wedge issue

1 Like

Can’t argue with that.

1 Like

is it immigration or border security?

Neither party has come up with a solution or put anything on the table to fix the problem, just the typical blame game

That was a temporary fix, 37yrs ago

What Have You Done for Me Lately

A Reagan Legacy: Amnesty For Illegal Immigrants

As the nation’s attention turns back to the fractured debate over immigration, it might be helpful to remember that in 1986, Ronald Reagan signed a sweeping immigration reform bill into law. It was sold as a crackdown: There would be tighter security at the Mexican border, and employers would face strict penalties for hiring undocumented workers.

But the bill also made any immigrant who’d entered the country before 1982 eligible for amnesty – a word not usually associated with the father of modern conservatism.

In his renewed push for an immigration overhaul this week, President Obama called for Republican support for a bill to address the growing population of illegal immigrants in the country. This time, however, Republicans know better than to tread near the politically toxic A-word.

Now, Amnesty Is Out; Border Security Is In

More than 20 years later, the Republican Party has changed its tune. President Obama’s call for bipartisanship on the immigration issue was answered by Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell. A bipartisan effort would be possible, he said, if Obama “would take amnesty off the table and make a real commitment to border and interior security.”

But Simpson, a fellow Republican who served in the Senate with McConnell from 1986 to 1997, says calling for tighter borders is a tried-and-true tactic of politicians unwilling to confront the realities of a growing illegal population.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128303672

Why was there a need for R’s support, Obama came into office with a super majority in congress, D’s could had passed any bill they wanted, but they didn’t, As I said before this is a wedge issue that D’s have no intention of solving

The keyword was bipartisanship.

In what way does it work that when Republicans get into office they do nothing, and then when Democrats get into office they start complaining and whining about things they could have fixed when they were in power. or Is it a one-way street.

Despite the fact that Republicans create all their own problems, why do they always blame Democrats for them?

The blame game is getting old, what are they doing to fix the problem.