Political Opinion

So why do you expend so much energy trashing Trump and put Brandon on a pedestal when you can clearly see your erroneous reality??

because i’m in america and the reality as i said here

You are deflecting from an answer… Don’t you have one for such a simple question?

I think you are deflecting

No, No No… You’re it!.. @SmallPaul you debate like a teenager… I answered your questions and you dance around mine. You know you are wrong, that’s why your arguments crumble under scrutiny.

So why do you expend so much energy trashing Trump and put Brandon on a pedestal when you can clearly see your erroneous reality??

1 Like

all people has to do is go back to how this conversation started

BTW: Congress runs the country more than an American president, by the way

Introduction

Written in 1787, ratified in 1788, and in operation since 1789, the United States Constitution is the world’s longest surviving written charter of government. Its first three words – “We The People” – affirm that the government of the United States exists to serve its citizens. The supremacy of the people through their elected representatives is recognized in Article I, which creates a Congress consisting of a Senate and a House of Representatives. The positioning of Congress at the beginning of the Constitution affirms its status as the “First Branch” of the federal government.

The Constitution assigned to Congress responsibility for organizing the executive and judicial branches, raising revenue, declaring war, and making all laws necessary for executing these powers. The president is permitted to veto specific legislative acts, but Congress has the authority to override presidential vetoes by two-thirds majorities of both houses. The Constitution also provides that the Senate advise and consent on key executive and judicial appointments and on the approval for ratification of treaties.

https://www.senate.gov/civics/constitution_item/constitution.htm

Exactly… Thank God the Republicans now have control of Congress… The Dems can’t be trusted!!

You won’t answer a straight question… This is why you are labelled a Troll and a Man of Straw…

GOOD, it will be no more blame game.

With a big smile on my face, I welcome this news, America needs it

I beg you to show me putting Biden on a pedestal, please do, as far as trump, well the world see his behavior so that’s self-explanatory

Posting trump words and his bad behavior is not bashing, just showing who he really is

2nd time during this debate you lied on my name

I am asking again

If you’re going to bring him up, why not have one last laugh at his expense?

Trump claims documents found at Mar-a-Lago were empty folders labeled ‘classified’ that he’d kept because they were ‘cool’

Trump claimed that government records seized from Mar-a-Lago last year were empty folders marked “classified” or “confidential.”

He went on to say that he kept the “ordinary, inexpensive folders” because they were a “‘cool’ keepsake.”

The DOJ has released photographic evidence showing the roughly one hundred pages of classified records recovered.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-claims-documents-found-mar-213132471.html

This is what you believe now, isn’t it?

Even if I try, I can’t make this sht up.

meet your new republican congressman

George Santos — the lying-est Republican who ever lied (since Trump)

George Santos was probably lying when he said he’s “embarrassed” and “sorry” that he lied.

The Republican House representative-elect from New York finally admitted what a New York Times investigation exposed earlier this month. He never graduated from Baruch College or New York University though he claimed to have earned degrees from both institutions. He never worked for Goldman Sachs or Citigroup whose high-profile names he used to fluff his professional achievements.

In a New York Post interview Monday under a headline that called Santos “Liar Rep.-elect,” he sounded Nixonian — never a good sign — when he said, “I am not a criminal” and that his “sins here are embellishing my resume.”

He didn’t embellish his resume. He lied. But he won’t let his scandals sway him from becoming a freshman congressman in the Republican-controlled House next week.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/george-santos-—-the-lying-est-republican-who-ever-lied-since-trump/ar-AA15Isdu

Good times are around the corner.

We could soon be facing the biggest financial crisis in history as Republicans threaten to stop paying America’s bills

Republicans are using the debt ceiling as leverage to achieve spending cuts on Democratic priorities.

But failing to raise the debt ceiling by the summer could cause the US to default on its debt.

Republican lawmakers could torpedo the economy if they don’t act soon.

Republicans are planning to use the debt ceiling as leverage to accomplish their own policy priorities, largely significant spending cuts on things like Medicare and Social Security. The White House, and Democratic lawmakers, have blasted the GOP using the debt limit as a bargaining chip.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/could-soon-facing-biggest-financial-100000891.html

Priorities!.. Such as the millions and millions of taxpayer dollars of weaponry and aid being sent to the Ukraine…

Priorities!.. Such as Processing, providing medical aid, feeding, and clothing tens of thousands of immigrants illegally crossing the Southern Border… Oh, and giving them free cell phones…

Priorities!.. Such as Purchasing millions of barrels of Oil from foreign nations just to give the US the life blood it needs to keep the economy from collapsing… US purchased no external Oil when Trump left office…

Just a few of the FU Democrat Priorities you are obviously referring to…

@SmallPaul , I hope you don’t have access to a Credit Card… You cannot just keep spending and spending and keep raising the card’s limit every time you run out of credit…

Economics 101… Which 100’s of your posts show you have minimal grasp of…

My support goes to the Republicans, I am confident that their new plan will work

The documents was clearly mishandled.

Biden breaks silence on his handling of classified documents: ‘I have no regrets’

“We found a handful of documents … were filed in the wrong place, we immediately turned them over to the [National] Archives and the Justice Department,” he said. “We’re fully cooperating and looking forward to getting this resolved quickly.”

“I think you’re going to find, there’s nothing there,” he continued. “I have no regrets. I’m following what the lawyers have told me they want me to do. It’s exactly what we’re doing. There’s no ‘there’ there. Thank you.”

President Joe Biden said Thursday he has “no regrets” as the investigation continues into the classified documents found at his home and office.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/biden-breaks-silence-classified-documents-233400888.html

I am letting your comment linger for a moment, you will soon see how American politics play out right before your eyes as this debt ceiling battle continues…

Trump warns U.S. House Republicans not to touch Social Security, Medicare

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Former President Donald Trump warned his fellow Republicans on Friday not to “destroy” federal retirement and health benefits as they try to exact spending cuts from President Joe Biden and his Democratic allies in the looming debate over the debt ceiling.

“Under no circumstances should Republicans vote to cut a single penny from Medicare or Social Security,” Trump said in a two-minute video message posted to social media that could test his influence among Republicans who now control the U.S. House of Representatives.

“Do not cut the benefits our seniors worked for and paid for their entire lives. Save Social Security. Don’t destroy it!”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-warns-u-house-republicans-163840500.html

When you see “the taxpayer is picking up the tab” - it’s nonsense.

The tab is sent to the market via Gilts (in UK) - then if you have a savvy Govt you ensure that the value of GBP (In UK) goes down vs the currency majority that bought the Gilts.

Doesn’t always work out though - and then you just issue more debt - meanwhile the taxpayer does what he does best - keep paying tax.

From a Govt pov why not?

How are social programs funded? if not from taxes.

Social programs in the United States are programs designed to ensure that the basic needs of the American population are met. Federal and state social programs include cash assistance, health insurance, food assistance, housing subsidies, energy and utilities subsidies, and education and childcare assistance. Similar benefits are sometimes provided by the private sector either through policy mandates or on a voluntary basis. Employer-sponsored health insurance is an example of this.

American social programs vary in eligibility with some, such as public education, available to all while others, such as housing subsidies, are available only to a subsegment of the population. Programs are provided by various organizations on a federal, state, local, and private level. They help to provide basic needs such as food, shelter, education, and healthcare to residents of the U.S. through primary and secondary education, subsidies of higher education, unemployment and disability insurance, subsidies for eligible low-wage workers, subsidies for housing, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits, pensions, and health insurance programs. Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and the Children’s Health Insurance Program are prominent social programs.

Research shows that U.S. government programs that focus on improving the health and educational outcomes of low-income children are the most effective, with benefits substantial enough that the government may even recoup its investment over time due to increased tax revenue from adults who were beneficiaries as children.[2][3] Veto points in the U.S. structure of government make social programs in the United States resilient to fundamental change.[4][5]

Congressional funding[edit]

Not including Social Security and Medicare, Congress allocated almost $717 billion in federal funds in 2010 plus $210 billion was allocated in state funds ($927 billion total) for means tested welfare programs in the United States, of which half was for medical care and roughly 40% for cash, food and housing assistance. Some of these programs include funding for public schools, job training, SSI benefits and medicaid.[6] As of 2011, the public social spending-to-GDP ratio in the United States was below the OECD average.[7] Roughly half of this welfare assistance, or $462 billion went to families with children, most of which are led by single parents.[8]

Total Social Security and Medicare expenditures in 2013 were $1.3 trillion, 8.4% of the $16.3 trillion GNP (2013) and 37% of the total Federal expenditure budget of $3.684 trillion.[9][10]

In addition to government expenditures, private welfare spending, i.e. social insurance programs provided to workers by employers,[11] in the United States is estimated to be about 10% of the U.S. GDP or another $1.6 trillion, according to 2013 OECD estimates.[12] In 2001, Jacob Hacker estimated that public and private social welfare expenditures constituted 21% and 13–14% of the United States’ GDP respectively. In these estimates of private social welfare expenditures, Hacker included mandatory private provisions (less than 1% of GDP), subsidized and/or regulated private provisions (9–10% of GDP), and purely private provisions (3–4% of GDP).[13]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_programs_in_the_United_States