Political Opinion

You are putting these two cases in the same category, lol

As you brought up social media, let’s see how far your right to free speech goes, on babypips :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dennis, you forgot to include Twitter on your list.

The promise of free speech on Elon Musk’s Twitter is officially dead

It’s been a long time coming, but it’s officially safe to declare that Elon Musk’s dream of “free speech” on Twitter, whatever it may have been, is dead. It died as it lived: confusingly, underwhelmingly, and at the vainglorious whims of the man who dreamt it.

Last week, without attracting much notice, Musk crossed a new threshold in his adventures in running a social media site: For perhaps the first time, he introduced a brand-new policy that actively seeks to restrict what people can say on the platform.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/column-the-promise-of-free-speech-on-elon-musks-twitter-is-officially-dead/ar-AA18gNWc

The moment you thought you had an ally, all hell breaks loose

and your solution is what?

1 Like

It makes no sense for me to answer your questions, if you don’t answer mine when I list the misdeeds of the other side.

In this thread, I’m still waiting for your independent side to emerge

Sounds like you’re advocating for more consumer protection maybe. IMO, It’s more a job for the business advertising it’s services in an accurate and truthful manor, accepting students that are able to pay back loans priced reasonably, than it is the government’s job to completely police the education system. Unless, again, you’re advocating more government oversight?

Which is better, less government, more government, personal responsibility on the student, let the business decide, a combination of all of the above?

The irony is that this will create an exponential increase in support tickets or require a human to make a decision for each reported incident, which, given Twitter’s recent layoffs, will create even more headaches. 80% if the workforce is no longer there since Musk took over.

And when a single developer can take down the site all on his own, that’s definitely not how it’s supposed to work.

Maybe Musk is trying to crash the app all together.

1 Like

@Dennis3450 - why the hell do you bother with the troll ? - pointless mate !

1 Like

dude, you have me totally flabbergasted with what you wrote here.

It is not the colleges that are giving out these loans, but the banks. The government has guaranteed repayment of those loans, colleges charge what they do and get the money up front. What the banks and government are doing is no different than what they did with subprime mortgages, except you can never just walk away from that student loan

How about less government and a responsible government, that should be something we can all agree on

You are trying way to hard. I am glad you are back. should be interesting

You are so right and I never learn

I do appreciate you taking the time to point out I have answered many of the trolls questions and of last count I don’t recall it ever answering one of mine or anyone else’s

1 Like

One of the many failed Democrat Governed Sanctuary Cities scattered throughout the US…

Seattle, Chicago, San Francisco, San Diego, San Jose, Los Angeles, Denver, Columbus, Philadelphia, New York and the fore mentioned Portland… ALL North American cities where Leftist policies have led to massive increases in homelessness and crime…

Unrefutably proving once again that the Right are right and the Left are wrong

1 Like

"Capitalism Strikes Back: Portland Wal-Marts Shut Down - YouTube

A response by a thinking man ! :wink:

2 Likes

When I show the bad side of the democrats, they come out of the closet. you got to love these type of people

Let’s give them their moment.

funny how our lefties posting here, never offer any solutions and become completely tong tied when there are no republicans to blame

2 Likes

lol, you never speak when there are republicans to blame, you go missing, Mr independent

At least I’m showing you the worse side of democracts, which you wouldn’t dare do to republicans

I agree completely. But the colleges need some blame as well. No price transparency, infrastructure spending to the moon, overselling of degrees… there are many things they should be doing better.

There’s definitely need for a responsible government, whether that means more or less is anyone’s guess. Agree.

Your lack of respect for the Democrat Party is on full display by spelling it with a lower case “d”…

Most of us here, especially those that have ventured out of the closet recently, fully understand!!

If any party is wrong i have no issue calling them out, you guys hold on and double down when your party is wrong and go missing

dude, I think we have reached a point of complete agreement. , we should mark this date down.

do you want to tackle the Portland/Walmart issue, do you see a solution? I have a few ideas

1 Like

Sure, that’s one side of the coin. What are the lefty cities doing really well? What are the righty cities doing poorly?

How’s the education system? Average income? Property values? Jobs? Use of government funding?

Something like 15 of the top 20 states ranking by use of gov’t funding are red states. What does that tell us about those populations and state govts?

1 Like